A bit of research to pass the time

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you had a choice in cats, which would you choose - a long hair cat or a short hair cat (not talking about breeds and pedigrees)? In Malaysia, the answer would be a definitive Long hair!

My choice obviously would be Short hair...

What about you?

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like shorthair because they take less grooming. I would hate to have to groom a long hair cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I just thought I'd make it into a poll!!!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
short hair ... I am lazy in the grooming dept ...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep short hair here as well! I'd especially hate to have a long haired cat who didn't like being brushed...

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
as for your poll, I pick short haired cats and all of my dogs have short fur excpet Jenny (in my avatar) hers is a little thicker.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shorthair without a doubt! Medusa is more medium-haired, but my Jinxie has long hair, and a lot of it! Jinx is really the first long-hair cat I've ever had, and the problem with her is that when you brush her she gets overstimulated really fast.....and then attacks my dog
not fun, poor Vino. On the other hand Vino is a Lhasa Apso which a breed that requires constant grooming

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Either/Or really but I will go for the longhair (just to be different) - I have 2 to groom anyway a 3rd wouldn't make a difference and the long haired ones shed less (at least mine do) and my LH ones have more attitude

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have both, so I can't really help you out in the pole. Scratch is fairly low maintenance when it comes to grooming though. It takes less than five minutes a night, and he loves it.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked long hair,because they seem sooooooooooo much softer.For grooming, it would be short hair though.

cathyc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I prefer short hair. I have two long-haired dogs (maltese) and keeping their hair up is a nightmare. If I don't brush them out everyday it immediately starts to mat. I'd go crazy if I had to keep up with a cat's hair too.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked shorthair, mostly because of grooming and my baby girl is a shorthair. but her hair is thick even though it is soft. so I still do a little bit of brushing.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one of each and I really like the long hair. He's just so cute and cuddly w/ his mane. The grooming isn't too bad unless he gets poop stuck in his butt fur but he likes brushing and seems to shed alot less. Oh, and did I mention I think it makes him look handsome.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love long hairs, and I find grooming to be a peaceful, enjoyable chore. That's if the cat enjoys it of course!
I saw the most gorgeous kitten in PetValu the other day. She had lovely soft long hair and beautiful markings, and she looked like Wiggies sister. I wanted to take her home but hubby said no.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't decide as I have one of each. I used to think I liked shorthairs best as I like the sleekness of a shorthaired cat (I particularly like breeds with very short hair, eg siamese) but I deliberately chose a semi longhaired breed when I got Mosi. Magpie (bridge baby) was longhaired and both he and Mosi are very low maintenance with the grooming. But we're not talking long hair like a persian here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To tell the truth, shorthairs are a passion
BUT...I can't seem to take my eyes away from semilongs myself...natural breeds like maine coons and norwegians...and when they are red in color....
and that is why out of 10 cats I do have one persian that's a red tabby and a norwegian that's also a red tabby!