I hit my dog Buddy with the car!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It freaked me out so bad! I had to go to work today so when I was pulling in I didnt realize he was out in the yard. Because I never leave him out. I dont know how he got out. I was tired when I went to work but I dont think I was that tired.
I saw him running up so I slammed on the brakes but it was to late. I hit him in the head. Thank God he's alright! He has a little swelling but is acting perfectly normal. We called the vetshe told me what to watch out for. He doesnt seem to be in any pain and is acting normal so we are going to bring him in tomorow just to make sure nothing is wrong. If he starts acting off we have to bring him into the emergency vet. I thought I had killed him because it did at first knock him out. I ran inside screaming hysterically I called my mom and told her I killed Buddy. Because he wasnt moving and I was scared to look at him. So she told me to go out and check on him to make sure he was really dead. He was still laying there. I was screaming his name and he jerked then lifted his head up looked at me. Then got up ran over to me like nothing happened! I thought I was dreaming at first. He's been playing, eating and acting totally normal. The right side of his face from right under his ear to about halfway down his muzzle is a little swollen but not to bad. I'm a little confused on how he got out into the yard while I was gone. I really dont think I let him out this morning. I hope my landlord didnt come over with out telling me.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
You are really have alot happening to you. I'm sending you some good luck vibes because I'm thinking you need them. Keep us posted on how Buddy is doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

You are really have alot happening to you. I'm sending you some good luck vibes because I'm thinking you need them. Keep us posted on how Buddy is doing.
Thanks. I really do need them. I'm having a really bad time lately. I keep thinking things can only get better. But it just keeps getting worse.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, goodness..I'm so glad Buddy seems to be ok! I think you will need to post your address on-line, and a different TCS buddy can come spend the day with you every day. We will be like your little guardian angel, to watch over you until things settle down. We will be chauffer, maid, babysitter...whatever it takes to get things back to normal for you! LOL!

I get tomorrow! Anyone available Friday?!?

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Oh, goodness..I'm so glad Buddy seems to be ok! I think you will need to post your address on-line, and a different TCS buddy can come spend the day with you every day. We will be like your little guardian angel, to watch over you until things settle down. We will be chauffer, maid, babysitter...whatever it takes to get things back to normal for you! LOL!

I get tomorrow! Anyone available Friday?!?
Sounds good! I'm currently wondering what will go wrong next. I'm sick right now so I cant go see John and thats driving me crazy. I was actually thinking about that when I hit Buddy so I was a little distracted. He's begging for me to give him a treat right now. So I really dont think any major damage happened. I really didnt hit him that hard.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww!
I'm sure Buddy will be fine. He sounds like a trooper

You on the other hand, need to wait until everyone is asleep, and take a nice long bubble bath with some candles and a good book. Then pamper yourself for the rest of the night!

Oh and if you wanna see something cool, sit in the water motionless, and tap on the side of the tub. If you do it just right, it will make the baby move and the water will too. I did it with both my boys and my best friend did it with hers... it's really cool!

(Yes, I know I'm kooky
)

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Aww!
I'm sure Buddy will be fine. He sounds like a trooper

You on the other hand, need to wait until everyone is asleep, and take a nice long bubble bath with some candles and a good book. Then pamper yourself for the rest of the night!

Oh and if you wanna see something cool, sit in the water motionless, and tap on the side of the tub. If you do it just right, it will make the baby move and the water will too. I did it with both my boys and my best friend did it with hers... it's really cool!

(Yes, I know I'm kooky
)
Theres only me and the animals. I already took a bath though. I got out right before I came on here. It calmed me down alot. But I dont want to go to bed until Buddy calms down for the night. I'm trying to keep an eye on him. I;m supposed to wake him up every couple of hours to make sure he will wake up. But he hasnt really slept at all. He's laid down moved around alot but hasnt slept more then a couple minutes in 4 hours!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Life is hard isn't it? I'm still carrying scars from when Stevie bit me. Have a break. Buddy WILL be fine! Sending you positive energy!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Theres only me and the animals. I already took a bath though. I got out right before I came on here. It calmed me down alot. But I dont want to go to bed until Buddy calms down for the night. I'm trying to keep an eye on him. I;m supposed to wake him up every couple of hours to make sure he will wake up. But he hasnt really slept at all. He's laid down moved around alot but hasnt slept more then a couple minutes in 4 hours!
He might be a bit uncomfortable and possibly have a headache. If you rub right behind his ears it will ease the headache... (a little trick I learned when I was in vet internship)

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

(Yes, I know I'm kooky
)
OH COOL!!! I'll have to try that. I remember when my sister was about to have my niece Emily you could see her moving around.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

OH COOL!!! I'll have to try that. I remember when my sister was about to have my niece Emily you could see her moving around.
I remember looking down and seeing them move. You could literally see a hand or most likely an elbow moving across my stomach.
When I was 6 months with Deacon (now almost 5) I was in a car accident. (no one was hurt, just a little sore) Well I was laying on the couch, trying to rest the next afternoon. My mom said she could see him moving through my shirt! He was SOOOO active! I would have to literally PUSH elbows, knees, and feet back down because and he would push back!
(Shoulda known he was gonna be a handful then
) But with the little trick I pmed you about, he was as quiet as a mouse at night!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I remember looking down and seeing them move. You could literally see a hand or most likely an elbow moving across my stomach.
When I was 6 months with Deacon (now almost 5) I was in a car accident. (no one was hurt, just a little sore) Well I was laying on the couch, trying to rest the next afternoon. My mom said she could see him moving through my shirt! He was SOOOO active! I would have to literally PUSH elbows, knees, and feet back down because and he would push back!
(Shoulda known he was gonna be a handful then
) But with the little trick I pmed you about, he was as quiet as a mouse at night!
Ok I think I'm in for it with this girl. She moves around so much! It will be so freaky seeing her body parts sticking out. I saw either Emilys head or butt we werent sure which threw my sisters shirt one time. It was neat. This pregnancy thing is pretty cool.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh you poor thing!!!! How scary for you!!! You REALLY need to stay away from cars at the moment

I'm glad he's ok, and hope you sleep well tonight!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping he is doing good today.I'm sorry you're having such a rough time right now.It seems like when it rains,it pours don't it?Sending GOOD LUCK vibes your way.

newcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You poor thing! I am VERY glad your little Buddy is OK. ..You know, your pets will give you the BEST vibes you can get. But I'll send you some *good luck* ones anyway!