Urgent-deaf Cat!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's a white cat, one blue/one green eye in southern Minnesota. She needs a rescue, foster home, or permanent home ASAP. Young adult female, FeLV- unspayed....either totally deaf or hearing impaired.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just going to note that there can be advantages to deaf pets--they can't be scared by the loud noises other pets are often petrified of!

Deaf cats, if they are kept inside and nobody sneaks up on them to scare them, will be just as happy as normal cats.

Somebody give this kitty a home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know...I've got two deaf cats...wonderful kitties...much more people oriented than my hearing cats. I live with my parents, & they say no to 6 cats.....I'm hoping to talk them into fostering, but that's probably a lost cause. All the local rescues, etc. are full...esp. if the cat is "special needs"....

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you done any local advertisments? Or, how about petfinder? Do they have a section just for special needs I wonder? I would like to find that out myself, I have a special needs kitty looking for the perfect home. He is a ragdoll (Yukis' brother) He was limping so I brought him to the vets, and they said his leg was broke!
I don't know how my guy got his leg broke, but i'm pretty sad about it. It had started to heal so it can't be set and he will always have a limp probley, if he doesn't end up having it amputated. So, any ways, I brought him in for a limp and found out he has a heart murmur. I don't know any thing about murmurs. I never would have even known if It wasn't for him having the broken leg

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Have you done any local advertisments? Or, how about petfinder? Do they have a section just for special needs I wonder? I would like to find that out myself, I have a special needs kitty looking for the perfect home. He is a ragdoll (Yukis' brother) He was limping so I brought him to the vets, and they said his leg was broke!
I don't know how my guy got his leg broke, but i'm pretty sad about it. It had started to heal so it can't be set and he will always have a limp probley, if he doesn't end up having it amputated. So, any ways, I brought him in for a limp and found out he has a heart murmur. I don't know any thing about murmurs. I never would have even known if It wasn't for him having the broken leg
I'll be putting her on Petfinder tonight & putting a little write up in there about how awesome deaf cats are. I am going to most certainly push her in any way I can. I know nothing about her, so hopefully I can get to know her in 2 hours tonight. We will keep her as long as we have room, but I don't know who long that'll be.

I don't think Petfinder has a section for speicla needs, but if you look at the animals avaliable for adoption, the ones with little green eharts next to them are special needs.

deni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I should have said more, they can be hard work because they lack one of their major senses. everything you do on a visual level has to be more enhanced. They do however retain the most increased sense of smell and touch. Both should be used equally and they will love you all the more for it.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'll be putting her on Petfinder tonight & putting a little write up in there about how awesome deaf cats are. I am going to most certainly push her in any way I can. I know nothing about her, so hopefully I can get to know her in 2 hours tonight. We will keep her as long as we have room, but I don't know who long that'll be.

I don't think Petfinder has a section for speicla needs, but if you look at the animals avaliable for adoption, the ones with little green eharts next to them are special needs.
Oh, I guess your right, I didn't realize that the green heart meant special needs, I haven't posted on pet finder, and I don't have room for another cat, and can't have a dog, so I don't look at petfinder much, it makes me sad, I can't help them, so I don't look at it much, but that would make sense! LOL!

Any news with the kitty? how is she? get to know her some, so you can tell about her? You still have her? you said you didn't know how long you can keep her for. Well, thinking of you and that special kitty, let me know how she is when you get the chance, thanks

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's still at the shelter. She is safe...fine....noisy, but fine. They know how much I love her, so they mentioned getting her spayed within the next few weeks!
I love that girl...I tote her around with me all the time. I got an offer from a TCS member to take her. So, should we run out of space & need to move this girl, she has a place to go. I am so happy with that...I know that under no circumstances will she be euthanized!

ETA: She's an adult. She drools a lot. She purrs & kneads...and sheds a lot too! She headbutts. The only drawback is that she is very very vocal. I clipped some info I printed out behind her kennel card for anyone interested. I made sure she was fast asleep & scared the daylights out of her...She sorta "purrowed" & looked at me like "Dude...I was sleeping!"