wow.. time flys!

animalhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the delay in postings.. I been buzy tring to find another job...*Sigh* Well my kittens were 8weeks old on the 22nd, and getting sooo Big! I Have a home for 2 of them,and interest in the rest. But I Hold them often, and I still have times when they run from me.. :-/ Am I doing something wrong ? I thought by 8weeks old they would love to be held... 1 of them likes to climb my pants when i am in there tho. and when will they start purring?! Is it too early still?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by animalhouse

Sorry for the delay in postings.. I been buzy tring to find another job...*Sigh* Well my kittens were 8weeks old on the 22nd, and getting sooo Big! I Have a home for 2 of them,and interest in the rest. But I Hold them often, and I still have times when they run from me.. :-/ Am I doing something wrong ? I thought by 8weeks old they would love to be held... 1 of them likes to climb my pants when i am in there tho. and when will they start purring?! Is it too early still?
8 weeks is the earliest I would let kittens go to their new homes....I actually prefer waiting until 10 weeks of age. As for wanting to be held....kittens are like kids....some want to be held, some prefer investigating what is going on....it isn't a reflection on you.

Katie

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Young kittens rarely are really lap cats - they have way to much to learn/explore then to bother sitting on a lap (unless they really are sleepy).

As long as they are handled often and you start clipping nails on them so they get used to it before going to new homes, you are fine.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! That's great!

It's also about the time where it's safe to get those babies spayed or neutered before they go to teir new homes!

Look here: http://www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter.html for your state

You can offset the cost of this by asking the new homes to reimburse you for shots and the s/n as an adoption fee, as most shelters do

I'm sure they're adorable!

mowsluver

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine are 12 weeks and STILL would rather run and be anywhere else except in my arms UNLESS as stated earlier, they are tired....then 2 of them will jump up into my lap to sleep. The 3rd one doesn't like to be held or petted at all but even once in awhile, he will sleep on my lap if the other 2 are there.
Also, I have one who purrs like a motor boat--but at night when we are all trying to sleep! One who rarely purrs and even then it's soft and the last one I have not heard purr at all......

devlyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Smeagol has been a purring baby since he was 5 days old (or earlier, that's when I got him). He purrs less now, usually after he's been playing and he comes to cuddle a bit. His cuddling now consists mostly of trying to bite my face until he relaxes and decides to sleep. He doesn't like me to stray too far from him once he's up, but he's very likely to go to his box and relax if he gets frightened, bored or tired out. He likes to explore my lap sometimes and other times, practice running around and trying to get the adult cats to play w/ him.
All cats have different personalities and so do kittens. My cat Pippin was a lap kitty when he was a baby, but now that he's an adult, he is very independant unless he feels it's time to cuddle. Simple and Morris are both lap cats and Sparkle wants to sit near me or on my lap when she's scared, usually when Pippin or Simple chase her.
I wouldn't be too worried about it. Running away is often their way of playing or exploring their surroundings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

animalhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes I plan on getting them Fixed.. I have people giving me deposits on them, tohelp cover the expenses. And I have to twait tillthey are 3lbs. Soo I Figure it will be around 10-11 weeks or so..Which is fine, I rather them be with me that long. Well One of the kittens I heard Purr for the first time.and I pickedher up,and she stoped lol.
O well.. she is the only kitty that minds being held at the moment. O well..
I will keep working with them!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

yes I plan on getting them Fixed.. I have people giving me deposits on them, tohelp cover the expenses. And I have to twait tillthey are 3lbs. Soo I Figure it will be around 10-11 weeks or so..Which is fine, I rather them be with me that long. Well One of the kittens I heard Purr for the first time.and I pickedher up,and she stoped lol.
How fantastic that the adoptors have given you deposits to help with the cost of spaying/neutering.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

animalhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes.. I require that.. I Was laid off from work.. So I have No Funds ... So I have to ask people to pay for it ... I Defently cant..:-( But I dont want them togo without it!
2 of the girls have a home together.. and I have had Alot of people interested in the other 3 ... But... No one coming to see them, so I dunno.. *Shrugs* We shall see! I need to put them on a scale,and see how big they truely are now

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise