I'm freaking out, please please help!!!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm freaking out really badly..

Angel has had really watery diarrhea now for 6 days now. I changed her and Chestnuts food mixing both together with the kitty chow to the Royal Canine. Trying to move them over to RC. That was last thursday.

Yesterday I called the Vet and they said well she could have a parasite or it could be the food change. They told me to worm her 3 times again.. Once every 2 weeks. So I gave her a dosage of the wormer I have at home.. and then an hour later she started gushing waterrry diarrhea. She kept licking down there because she is soo swollen from the diarrhea, and when she'd that it would just come out of her. I mean puddles huge ones. So I gave her two bath last night, and tried to clean off the area without touching it.. just warm water.. She is a white cat with this stuff all over her..
It finally slowed down a bit,, and I put her in a bathroom with her litter box, toys, food, water, sleeping area, and kept her there all night... I didn't know what else to do......

Called the vet and they want me to get a stool sample.. HOW???
iT'S NOTHING but water and its in the litter.. I'm freaking out,, because you can tell she has lost weight,, she acts fine, just keeps licking that area...

I'm soo freaking out.. Please help me!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
can you not take the cat to the vet & let them get the stool sample? also, can't he give you something to stop the diarrhea? otherwise she's going to get dehydrated!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, sweety, just calm down. Call your vet again and explain that you can't get a sample, that you are VERY concerned about your baby getting dehyrated, and that she needs help now.

If your vet can't see you NOW, ask him/her to refer you to an emergency site so that your baby can be seen now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We live in Hickville USA so there is only vet around,, and they are connected to the Larger Hickville USA city near us.. So it's not like I can call another vet... and there are no emergency sites.

I called and asked them how to get a stool sample, and the said that if it had a little litter on it would be okay.. Well it's scoopable Fresh STep so it's coated with litter and it's like urine,, so it's just a brick of litter...

I don't know what to do....

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen other TCS members recommend pumpkin for diarrhea, REAL pumpkin (they do have it in canned) or even yogurt I think, in small amounts like a tablespoon, could you give her one of these and see if it helps? Also, was this leftover wormer from the vet or an over the counter one? OTC wormers can be very dangerous. Please keep us posted!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No,, I'd never use OTC Wormer.. It's dangerous....

It's leftover Vet Wormer.. I had a stray that I was giving wormer medicine too and they gave me a bottle to worm the strays. And they said I could use it..

I just talked to them again,, and they said they have somethign call NoAbsorb stuff, that I can collect a sample with it.. But I won't get the sample until tonight, and they are closed,, so I'll take it tommorrow..

Can I help her tonight at least stop this diarrhea?? I'm soo scared she is gonna get dehydrated!!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To help with the dehydration, you could try syringing some water into her. Just make sure you do it from the side of her mouth so it doesn't get in her lungs accidentally.

I'd be very concerned and I can't understand why the vet isn't more concerned. Is it possible you gave too much de-wormer?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no advice just a
.. I too am wondering if you have over wormed... cut back on the amount of RC your mixing in for a few days

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you put her back to the old food for now? Seems like that might have been what caused it.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I honestly slow introduced it.. Like 90% Kitty Chow, and 10% RC.. and Now I'm like 75% RC and 25% KC,, and I already mixed the complete contents of the items together.. Stupid Stupid,, I Knowwww..

I'm afraid to put her back on Kitty Chow and mess her stomach up again.. Maybe that would fix this??? I don't know... I'm such a mess...She's my babydoll and she's hurting,, and I feel helpless.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Real pumpkin in a can,, or pie filling pumpkin which for pumpkin pie...???

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

I just talked to them again,, and they said they have somethign call NoAbsorb stuff, that I can collect a sample with it.. But I won't get the sample until tonight, and they are closed,, so I'll take it tommorrow..
To collect the sample if you don't have the NoAbsorb, I have heard people use dried beans (smaller the better, like split pea) as a substitute for the litter. This should do the trick IF your cat will use the litter!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

REAL, the filling stuff is not good
if y'all have a pet store nearby, it wouldn't hurt to pick up some bene-bac. i used it on Java after her 2 rounds of antibiotic for her intestinal bacterial overgrowth, & it really helped get things back to normal for her.
Java had the watery diarrhea, too, but it wasn't worms. that's why you should get yours to the vet tomorrow, with or without a sample.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Angel isn't worms either.. She never goes outside.. and I just wormed them 3 times over 2 months ago... and she doesn't have fleas!!

I wouldn't have any clue why or how she'd get worms when she just got wormed 3 times...

I don't know.... The vet wants the sample first... So i'm gonna try to pull one together for him tonight!! My poor baby...

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your baby continues to have watery diarrhea all night, you don't wait to get a sample, you take her to the vet and you tell them you want her evaluated. You are better able to assess her condition than they are over the phone.

Do you know how to check for dehydration? You gently pull up the fur on the scruff of her neck and let go. It should snap right back down. If it stays "tented" or is slow to go back down, she's dehydrated.

I agree with checking your local store for bene-bac, and with syringing (carefully) some water into her.

Please keep us updated, I hope the diarrhea slows or stops tonight.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm going to third that. My Molly had a bit a diarrhea for a day and a half, and was extremely dehydrated. I don't understand why they had you worm her