The waiting game...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lady from Staton Island Ny called us last week to do an estimate for a rental property she owns here in florida. She decided to contract with us. We mailed her the notarized contract last Thursday and she got it Saturday. At first she said she was going to mail the check to her property mgmt company and have them write us a check which would have taken this Friday. She changed her mind and decided she was going to transfer the money into the realtor's account and have them write a check. Well yesterday she transfered the money.... or so she thought. Turned out they had the wrong routing #
. So they had to wait until this morning to do it all. Well the money has been transfered and was told it would take only 2 hours. This was at 9am this morning. I called the realtor at 10:55 and asked if they had an update.... nothing.
I just tried them again and they're at lunch. This has thrown a whole wrench into the plans because I have our material vendor on hold with the order until we recieve the money. I don't want to keep bothering them, but we have another job that's scheduled right after this one and the longer it takes to get the deposit, the longer it takes to do the job. I've already called the 2nd customer and told them we would be running 2-3 days behind but at this point, we're looking at a week. I don't want to lose a customer over this... this waiting game sucks!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At that point I would see if I could move the second customer up a day or so and start that one first until you get the deposit.

I hate scheduling - it is always a mess!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

At that point I would see if I could move the second customer up a day or so and start that one first until you get the deposit.

I hate scheduling - it is always a mess!
Its horrible!
Luckily the real estate agent just called. We can get the deposit now