Guys........I havent wanted to tell you this...

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please dont "condone" me on this situation,ok? I have always been one to let my cats be indoor/outdoor cats. Right?? Well over the last 2 weeks, 3 of my cats have vanished!
I am beside myself guys. The last one that vanished was Sherman, and hes been with me for so long, and the one that gets shots every other week for his teeth. I dont know whats going on. I know he never left the yard-he was one to go do his business, and come back in. But I havent seen him since Sunday.
I have been going door to door and talking to the neighbors(on phone as well) and of course noone knows anything. I know they are probly predators out there, but seriously my dogs are good at keeping things away. I am just at a loss............I dont know what to do. I hate myself right now for allowing this to happen. But like I said, they have always been indoor/outdoor cats.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm so sorry that Sherman has disappeared. I'm sending some vibes to help you.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't beat yourself up over this!!! I am sending come home SOON vibes your way.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about your cats. I hope you are able to find them and bring them safely back home. I would kindly suggest that if you do find them, you keep them indoors only after that to prevent any tradgies like this from happening in the future. If you need help transitioning your kitties into indoor only kitties once you find them, there are some wonderful threads on this topic throughout TCS. Good luck
I hope that you find them soon!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, that's the downside of letting the kids out, isn't it? I know. Mine are indoor/outdoor, too, and I have lost one, so I know where you're coming from. Three in such a short time suggests something has changed in the neighbourhood, though. I hope you can determine what that is, and whether it constitutes a continued threat to their safety.

I feel your pain, I hope your sweeties turn up soon, with that infuriating "what's your problem, Mum, I was just visiting my friends" look.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG THREE have disappeared in 2 weeks??!?!! That's crazy!

I would appeal to the local papers and radio stations - that's not right. I automatically go to worst case scenario - but I wonder if someone is either putting baits down to get rid of rats, or if there IS predators around, or something like that??

Someone knows SOMETHING surely?? Have any other cats in the neighbourhood gone missing?

Major hugs for you, I can only imagine the heartbreak you're going through

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I don't think to many people want to beat you up, I just hope that they come home I know it must be heartbraking for you. I Will be praying that you find them or they come home...I'm so sorry for you going through this..

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness you must be beside yourself right now. I wish there was some way I could help you. Sending out vibes that they all come home soon .......

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that is just awful! I always had in and out, or just outside cats myself until I started fostering. I know my outside boy Will went missing for 11 days, once, and I was beside myself. I just kept thinking that if only I had kept him inside he would be ok. He did come home, and I'm trying to transition him inside, but he just won't stay in! And I have another outside kitty (Josie). So I know it happens.

Hopefully your babies will show up soon. What a lot of stress...I'm glad you finally let us know so we can support you!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Praying they all come home safe and sound.... I have always had indoor / outdoor but I train them to the yard ( fenced area...) ... Three in a few weeks would have me call local animal authoritys to see if others are missing

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having lost my Napoleon three weeks ago to poison, and having all the feral and barn cats in the hamlet disappear at the same time ( we have now found four dead) I have so much sympathy with you. I can only add my hopes to the others - that they all come home.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry your kitty has dissapeared. That is always hard. I wouldn't condem you for having an outdoor cat. Although I think it is usually best to have them inside, there are some cats that just won't be kept inside only. I know this from experience! They just still have that wild streak in them and won't allow it! So don't feel bad and I hope kitty shows up soon.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't blame yourself...alot of people have outdoor kits. I am sending lots of prayers that your babies make it home safely.