i have a 2 year old cat and he sucks how
do i break him of it
my cat has a sucking problem and hes 2 years old
how do i break him of it

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's probaby a result of him being taken away from his mom too early.
Is it a problem for you?

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read somewhere that you gently push the head with your thumb between his eyes (bridge of the nose). That is the way their mothers push them away. I had a cat that did that, but she wasn't obnoxious about it, and at night she would cuddle in my arm pit and suck on my pajamas. RIP
You can't scream or be forceful, you just gently push the head once or twice and he should stop until the next time. He will probably never give it up entirely. It is comforting for them.

newkittymom06

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This morning oscar was meowing like he was missing me. I let him craw on my chest. Then he started sucking my nipples. I have a baby bottle that i bought when we first got him because i thought that he might use it. Should i water downed milk in it?
Also, oscar gets under our feet and them attacks them. What does he want whenever he does that?

vik61

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

I read somewhere that you gently push the head with your thumb between his eyes (bridge of the nose). That is the way their mothers push them away. I had a cat that did that, but she wasn't obnoxious about it, and at night she would cuddle in my arm pit and suck on my pajamas. RIP
You can't scream or be forceful, you just gently push the head once or twice and he should stop until the next time. He will probably never give it up entirely. It is comforting for them.
Heck, I was sleeping with two kittens, one on each earlobe, nursing themselves to sleep every night and I woke up this way too. This is exactly what I did, I just pressed their heads back when they would keep coming and keep coming back toward my face.

Both had lost their momma too soon.

It really didn't take them long to learn. They are now contentedly curling up without nursing/sucking. Once in awhile they will try it but I remind them and they remember.

Just be very gentle when pushing his little head back. He will understand.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

I've been having a problem with Skunk trying to nurse off of our other two kitties boy parts and I haven't been able to get him to quit. After reading your advice I tried this last night and I got much better results than I normally do!!!!! Before I would push him away, or pick him up and move him, or if Maui was laying on my stomach like he does every morning I just hold my hand over his tail so Skunk can't get to the prize... Well with any of those methods he would just keep trying and trying and trying, but last night I tried pushing him away just like how you suggested and it worked!! He didn't keep trying like he usually does.

So thanks!