Well, it's time to take Kenzie to the shelter to be placed up for adoption.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well everyone, I hate to say it, but today is the day that Kenzie will be officially placed up for adoption. I am REALLY gonna miss this wonderful little girl!!! She has come such a long way since i've had her as my foster. She almost died when she was very tiny after some boys visciously attacked her and her littermates. A good samaritan found the kittens and took them to the shelter for help. I've had her ever since and have nursed her back to health. Unfortunatly her littermates didn't make it and passed over the rainbow bridge. Thankfully though, Kenzie has done wondeful and is now ready to find a forever home. I will be taking her up to the shelter after I finish my lunch. Wish me luck everyone! It's gonna be hard to let this little one go! Also, Kenzie needs lots of ((find a good forever home vibes))!
Thankyou for all of the support and kind words everyone- everyone is always sooo supportive of me and my foster kittens! I really appreciate that!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how hard it is to bring your babies back the the shelter. Sending you some vibes and sending Kenzie find a good forever home vibes! I hope she finds a home very fast. She's such a cute little girl. Do you have any say on who she goes to?

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck to Kenzie!!!!!
I hope she gets the best home. Recently I fostered a little kitty girl, and after 4 weeks I couldnt part with her, so I feel your pain

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how you fosterers do it!
I give you lots of credit. Good luck Kenzie.........we'll always love you Honey.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of vibes that you are able to kiss her goodbye knowing that what you have done for her is AMAZING, and lots more vibes that the little darling finds herself a wonderful furever home FAST!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sweet Kenzie - prayers and many good wishes and vibes that you find a wonderful forever home.

And hugs to you for giving this little one the chance of having a good life.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck to you and Kenzie, Nikki!
I don't know how those
boys can sleep at night!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou for all of the sweet words and vibes everyone! I really appreciate it ,as does little Kenzie.
As far as adopting her out goes- I don't really have a say as to who she goes home with since i'm not up there a lot (I'm always swamped with kittens at my house)....However though....they take the recommendations of the foster familys very seriosuly and always place the kitties in excellent homes according to the recommendation of the foster families. I know for me, they call me and let me interview the people over the phone and then ask my opinion before they will aprove a foster family- So I do have some say....and they adopt out to indoor only homes who are opposed to declawing. Also, they won't adopt out to families with young rowdy children or other animals if the foster mom /dad doesn't recommend it.
So far my recommendation for Kenzie would be a family- she would do fine in a large family with children so long as they aren't rowdy and are tought how to properly handle her. She can also go to a home with large dogs and other kittie so long as they will not hurt her (She LOVES dogs- she's attached at the hip to Fosters!) So Kenzie is definitely highly adoptable. She also has perfect litter habits, has been traiened to wear a collar, and is very good when you handle her. Wish her luck guys! I'm about to take her to the shelter now.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck Kenz!
Be good for your new family, whoever they are!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By now, you've taken my God baby to the shelter.But, know that I am sending prayers her way for a WONDERFUL,loving home.She has had the BEST start in life...........from you!!
Maybe you can ask the shelter to have the new family join TCS!!
** I love ya Kenzie,be a good girl!!**

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, i just got back from the shelter. After a thorough examanation by our shelter vet, little Kenzie was placed up for adoption- actually, they are having an adoption day today at Petco, so they put her in a carrier and took her over there!
Maybe she'll find a home today! That would be wonderful! They all had a fit over her at the shelter today! She was showing off for them
I think she did better than me lol. It was hard to let her go- but I have no doubt this little one will find a wonderful home soon. Also- I double checked and they won't allow the adoption of any black animals on Haloween (so no worries on that note
- she will be safe as far as that is concerned). Kenzie will be getting more shots today and spayed on the next spay/neuter day at the shelter.
I have to go back up to the shelter in a few minutes with the 5 new kittens for them to have their exams and get dewormed. Wish me luck! Those little ones are a handfull!
Thankyou again for all of the love and support everyone! It's really encouraging, especially when it's time for a foster baby to be placed up for adoption after you grow soo close to them. Kenzie is going to find a wonderful home- and the minute she does, I will defintely update!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sigh, what will Fosters do without his little Kenzie?

Hopefully the new little ones will keep him occupied.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Sigh, what will Fosters do without his little Kenzie?

Hopefully the new little ones will keep him occupied.
I let Fosters and Kenzie say goodbye to each other before I took Kenzie to the shelter. They had no idea what was going on, but I was about to cry. I hate to seperate those two, they're best friends. But if i didn't though, Kenzie wouldn't be able to find a home. Fosters has tried making friends with the new kittens....well, the new kittens are quite as dog-friendly as Kenzie was lol, so I think fosters is a little scared of those little spitting/hissing fluffy things
Poor Fosters! he did however go and "check" on them a minute ago and they didn't hiss- so I think they're starting to adjust a bit and get used to him.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww...I know it's tough to send a foster to the shelter, but you know you're doing the right thing. I sometimes want to take kitties home, but know that if I do, their purrfect home won't find them.

Of course, Kenzie being so "well rounded" with dogs, I'm sure she's highly adoptable. Her family will find her soon enough, hopefully today!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Awwww...I know it's tough to send a foster to the shelter, but you know you're doing the right thing. I sometimes want to take kitties home, but know that if I do, their purrfect home won't find them.

Of course, Kenzie being so "well rounded" with dogs, I'm sure she's highly adoptable. Her family will find her soon enough, hopefully today!
Thankyou! I'm hoping Kenzie finds her new home soon! She settled in nicely before I left, so i'm sure she'll be ok. I will update as soon as she gets a home

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, fingers crossed she finds a fab new home soon. This thread makes me realise how lucky I am - my fosters get rehomed from my house, so the only giving up I have to do is to their new owner. The only downside is only one of the fosters has been rehomed through a phone call to the rescue, the rest I have had to find, as she sometimes forgets about my fosters!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww how heartbreaking!!! Smudge's little twin is leaving the TCS family
I'll send as many "good home" vibes as I can your way.

Give fosters a big hug for me

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she is a beautiful kitten so I am certain someone will fall in love with her. Too bad I can't adopt another cat right now. But when I do I have to adopt a little bit bigger cat because my dog she loves cats but she plays too rough with kittens and they are quite as able to back her off as a grown cat is. She means well she just gets carried away she thinks kitties like playing rough like other dogs. So I guess Kenzie being so friendly with dogs is a great thing she can fit into a great home and have her own bodyguard