Couples Tattoos

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been thinking about this for a while and the post about tattoos made me start thinking about it more. I want to go with my boyfriend and get matching/similar tattoos. The only problem is, is I have NO idea what to get. I was thinking about the chinese symbol for love, which is this..

but my boyfriend already has the chinese symbol for strength on the back of his neck. Don't want to go overboard with the same type of thing.

I was also thinking about getting a heart with his initials in it. Something like this, but done better and with a better heart. Thats just a quick picture I got from google and used paint to write M and B in it.

Does anyone have any ideas of what we could get?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not do the initials thing. Maybe you have something that you both love like say music. You could both get a musical note tatooed or something like that!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mom and I have tatoos. Mine says child and her's says mother. We decided that we needed them to find each other in the after life. I hope it works out.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the chinese symbol for love is good idea. Just dont put it close to the other one he has.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A dear friend of mine who passed away this July had a couples tattoo with her husband. It was a hybiscus (sp) blossom, and they each had half tattooed on their arm, so when they stood side by side, the pieces came together to form the whole flower.

I thought it was incredibly romantic and beautiful, but sadly, her widower is now left with a half tattoo that no one matches.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

A dear friend of mine who passed away this July had a couples tattoo with her husband. It was a hybiscus (sp) blossom, and they each had half tattooed on their arm, so when they stood side by side, the pieces came together to form the whole flower.

I thought it was incredibly romantic and beautiful, but sadly, her widower is now left with a half tattoo that no one matches.
OMG that is sad! But when they meet again they will make eachother whole again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I would not do the initials thing. Maybe you have something that you both love like say music. You could both get a musical note tatooed or something like that!
I know everyone says not to do initials and stuff because if you break up then its there forever. I don't know if I would ever get initials, but its just an idea. I also don't know where we could get them.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we have been talking about this for years....DH really wants to do it. He would want to get say a mermaid but with my face, and then my name somewhere....we saw one that was a snake into a woman, but I hate snakes & would rather be a mermaid. I would only get his name or something....most likely into the one I already have, as I don't want a ton of them, I can't see myself being a wrinkly old lady with tons tatoos...

delilah_blue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My DH has tons of tattoos, and one is symbolic of our relationship (a phrase that is significant for us) but not my name, initials, etc. We have always joked that tattooing identifying information about your SO on your body is an instant curse for the relationship - kind of like Murphy's Law, I guess.

I like the idea of matching or coordinated tattoos, but I definitely would not do initials or names.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have DH's Initials on my ankle. No ones sees it because I always wear socks. He has mine on his chest. They are small enough to wear if anything did happen they can be easily covered up.
I also have other tattoos including the kanji symbol for... well..

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have asked Shawn to do this.But, his beliefs are that if God wanted a tattoo on his body,he would have been born with one.

So, my next tattoo WILL have his name and all 4 of my kids names in it.
I do NOT worry about having his name on me,because he is my soul mate and if God forbid something happens to him
, there will NEVER EVER be another.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I do NOT worry about having his name on me,because he is my soul mate and if God forbid something happens to him
, there will NEVER EVER be another.
Thats how I feel. Thats why I am not hesitant about getting his name or initials.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister Kimmy and her DH have been married for 10 yrs. They both got matching tattoos on their ankels....it's of a cross and it has their favorite Bible verse around it. (I really think the design looks bad- Jason is huge guy,so the tattoo looks good on him because it is very chunky and masculine looking- but on my sister, who is tiny and petite, it looks way too masculine......but hey, as long as they both like it, and it makes them happy that's what counts!) i personally wouldn't get one, but for them, it works

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I have asked Shawn to do this.But, his beliefs are that if God wanted a tattoo on his body,he would have been born with one.
Colin is the same way about tattoos as Shawn is. I'm not that way about them, i personally don't care if someone chooses to get a tattoo or not, but for me, I definitely don't want one- I would get sick of it

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think I would ever get initials or names tatooed on me. I just get the creepy crawlies when I think of doing that. To me it's like a huge curse.

But all the other ideas sound great and so romantic!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I have been thinking about this for a while and the post about tattoos made me start thinking about it more. I want to go with my boyfriend and get matching/similar tattoos. The only problem is, is I have NO idea what to get. I was thinking about the chinese symbol for love, which is this..

but my boyfriend already has the chinese symbol for strength on the back of his neck. Don't want to go overboard with the same type of thing.

I was also thinking about getting a heart with his initials in it. Something like this, but done better and with a better heart. Thats just a quick picture I got from google and used paint to write M and B in it.

Does anyone have any ideas of what we could get?
This is so weird..there is a trainer at my gym that has a chinese symbol on the back of his neck..your boyfriend doesn't work at my gym does he??!! London, Ontario??

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No my boyfriend works at Telus mobility in Tillsonburg, Ontario. We are often in London, but he doesn't work there.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

No my boyfriend works at Telus mobility in Tillsonburg, Ontario. We are often in London, but he doesn't work there.
That is so weird, I am FROM Tillsonburg..I went to High School there!!!