What color am I?

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
http://www.ringo.com/photos/album/ph...bumId=40074662

I'm trying to add all of my kitties to Catster so they can each have their own page and be famous
but I don't know what color description to put down for Beans. They have all kinds of crazy terms and I don't know what about 98% of them are- Lilac, Blue-Cream Silver, Particolor Patched, Van Dilute Calico... etc, etc, etc...

I always tell people he's a very light tannish color with white markings on his face & legs, white feet, and a dark tail & ears- but that's not an option on Catster

What is the name for his coloring?

Sorry about the picture- it's the only one I have on my computer at work... he's a lot bigger now! I tried to post the actual picture in my post but it won't work for some reason

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

OK- hopefully these work! I don't know why but sometimes I have the hardest time posting pics
lol!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't know what Catster's options are, but that's definitely a pointed kitten. do they have something like siamese mix, or snowshoe mix, or ragdoll mix? he seems to have some faint tabby lines, too, but those may fade with age.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They have a few different "pointed" options but I wasn't sure what the "main" color should be.... I think I chose Chestnut-Smoke for now
what ever that is! I'll see if I can find something like "Light creamy tabby- pointed"

Actually- and lucky for me because they are the cutest little legs & face in the world- his tabby markings are getting more noticeable as he gets older! It almost looks like he has little striped socks on because he has white feet, then his legs are that really light tan color with some darker tan stripes- they go right up his leg like a pair of striped socks! Plus the markings on his face are becoming much bolder. He has that white mug and then around his eyes and forehead it's like dark grey tabby markings forming.... soooo cute
I'll have to see if I can upload some more pics off of my camera- I have them but haven't done it yet!

By the way- what is Lilac coloring?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SarahBeez

By the way- what is Lilac coloring?
i would say his base coat is cream.
Lilac is a pale grey, slightly pinkish. i was going to post a more detailed description, but my server is acting up & won't let me do searches right now

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's ok- I have been doing some googling

I checked Seal-Lynx Point and found a few pictures that look *exactly* like him!!! So I changed his color description to that.... not that it's very crucial or anything but I was curious

Thanks!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its more of a blue or blue cream point IMO. If the cat is a bluecream then its female - verify the sex on "her".

I think lilac would be more pinkish blue - if its a lilac, then it would be lilac-cream.

No way is she/he a SEAL - that is very dark color - it would be blue if anything.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Its more of a blue or blue cream point IMO. If the cat is a bluecream then its female - verify the sex on "her".

I think lilac would be more pinkish blue - if its a lilac, then it would be lilac-cream.

No way is she/he a SEAL - that is very dark color - it would be blue if anything.
So Blue Point?? He is definetely not a she!

All these colors are so confusing!

*Off to google Blue point!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One caution about the blue color - its very hard to get a good clear picture of that particular color - its better to verify in person... but the seal would be very dark black/brown.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good to know....

He definetely does not have very dark- black/brown colorings... more like a darker/smokey grey...

I googled Blue Point and that is a similar color to what Beans is... most of those cats have much different faces than his is though, but the colors are right!

Google is tough- anyone can post a pic of anything with whatever description they want!

tatesmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cute ! My Tate is colored the exact same way..... I almost named him Ben because to me they look like a White Bengal Tiger with the faint stripes. lol
I always explain him as colored like a siamese cat though.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Good to know....

He definetely does not have very dark- black/brown colorings... more like a darker/smokey grey...

I googled Blue Point and that is a similar color to what Beans is... most of those cats have much different faces than his is though, but the colors are right!

Google is tough- anyone can post a pic of anything with whatever description they want!
could also be a chocolate point
try this site: Siamese - it has lots of links. also try this one: Cat Fanciers. BTW - his points will probably darken with age.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh! This is so confusing lol!

Does a pointed cat always have to have the same color "points" on its feet as it does on its ears or tail? That is one thing Beans defientely does not have in common- his feet are white & his tail & ears are Blue or grey or smokey or or or...

I think Beans is a "Blue Tabby Lynx Point"
IS that even a real thing!?
Ha ha!

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes I am quoting myself!!

Oh my gosh! This is so confusing lol!

Does a pointed cat always have to have the same color "points" on its feet as it does on its ears or tail? That is one thing Beans defientely does not have in common- his feet are white & his tail & ears are Blue or grey or smokey or or or...

I think Beans is a "Blue Tabby Lynx Point"
IS that even a real thing!?
Ha ha!
Ok- I just found something...
Check this out you'll have to scroll down to the section called: Pointed With White

Here is my analysis of Beans NOW: Blue Tabby Lynx Point Mitted Pattern

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes I am quoting myself!!

Ok- I just found something...
Check this out you'll have to scroll down to the section called: Pointed With White

Here is my analysis of Beans NOW: Blue Tabby Lynx Point Mitted Pattern

sounds good to me. my sister has a seal lynx point dsh - here's a pic.

you can see how much darker he is than Beans. he's also a mitted pattern.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Too cute- he looks like a combination of my Beans & Maui!

I love the little white feet

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a pic of my blue point, she is neither lynx or mitted, but you can see the color. ( I think yours is a blue lynx point mitted)
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3...e0010046rp.jpg
This is a pic from the link posted. one is blue and the other is seal, so you can see the color difference from your cat, which is not seal.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3...lueptwhite.jpg

The picture in my siggy is a sealpoint mitted (all are pointed cats, some just have the white)
Some one suggested chocolate, but I don't think it has enough tone for choc and too light for lilac, they will darken with age.
I will try and get a pic of my boys tomorrow, you will see what choc and seal should look like and the difference between them, I have a choc and a seal mitted Hopefully I can get a descent pic of them.