Do you have a giant roadside attraction outside of your city?

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We do! We have a giant moose.
Some of the high school grads are known to paint its.. urm, male parts orange or blue.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

We do! We have a giant moose.
Some of the high school grads are known to paint its.. urm, male parts orange or blue.
thats funny... We don't have any around here.. We're just famous for Mickey Mouse

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont think we have anything around here like that. We have lots of sillouetes (sp?) of Harry Truman "walking" all down the street I live off. LOL I guess he used to walk all over the place.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
We had some sculpted patterned cows scattered around the city
(yeah,I don't know either
)
One of them was on a floating platform and when they were placing it in the middle of the river it sank and had to be
' rescued'

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryferals

We had some sculpted patterned cows scattered around the city
(yeah,I don't know either
)
One of them was on a floating platform and when they were placing it in the middle of the river it sank and had to be
' rescued'
We had some of those too for a while. I think they were every where. There was one at the zoo that was Godzilla cow.
My mom has a pic somehwere of me and my little brother milking it.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Godzilla cow?? I'd love to have seen that
Hmmm I might have it on some cds I burned a couple months ago. Let me see if I can find it.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Godzilla cow?? I'd love to have seen that
I found it! LOL The pic says it was Cowzilla. I dont know if my mom came up with that or if it was actually called that. Judging from the size of my brother he was about 10. So I was 15 or so in this pic.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have anything as cool as that, but the city where I work, they have Geauga Lake Amusement park................

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a giant statue of Paul Bunyan, that's been here FOREVER. It is routine for police dispatchers to radio rookie cops with "Man with an axe at Stone & Glenn". Over the years, it was a rite of passage for kids to steal the axe - the owner of the auto parts store there finally bolted it to the statue.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, the closest I can think of would be the giant Santa CLaus outside of Santa Claus, Indiana. Actually, there were a few more outside of the town but I'm not sure now.

This area seems to have a fondness for elevating items like the car dealership which had a gutted Corvette over its lot. That was followed by the Dodge dealership that elevated a Viper, and the mower repair that stuck a giant push mower mock up on its roof.

NOrth of me is a yard that has a life size moose pulling a sled.

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think that we have anything like that here...but what does Alabama have hmmm....nothing...lol

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Umm we have Katie the Kinnet Dairy cow outside of our Best Buy because that is where Kinnet Dairy used to be. Nothing other than that though.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have one of the last surviving "Wigwam villages", Wigwam village #2. It's on US-31W..before the interstate highway days, US-31 was THE north-south route from the great lakes to mobile alabama.

Wigwam Village