Scary Movie

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the spirit of Halloween,
What's your favorite scary movie?
If you don't have one then what do you like better? Horror with guts and gore or mystery and suspense or ones with paranormal things like Stir of Echos, 6th sense or White Noise?

My all time fav is Stephen King's "IT" but I love movies about the paranormal.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like the "guts and gore" type of movies like Saw or Hostel. Some of my favourite scary/suspenseful movies are The Exorcist, The Shining, Carrie, and Sybil. As you can tell I like older movies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

I don't like the "guts and gore" type of movies like Saw or Hostel. Some of my favourite scary/suspenseful movies are The Exorcist, The Shining, Carrie, and Sybil. As you can tell I like older movies.
DH likes gorey movies. I like ones that mess with your head and ones about the paranormal. Like Butterfly Effect.. That was kinda cool. But Carrie, The Shining and Exorcist are at the top of my list too

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE guts/blood/gore movies!!!

My favorite scarey movie would have to be Nightmare on Elm Street.Freddy is one mean/sick person
I loved Saw 1&2
Have you saw The Hills Have Eyes?Another good one

The bloodier/gorier, the BETTER!!!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't think I could pick a favorite. I LOVE the adrenaline I get from watching a scary movie. I will saw that I DID NOT like Hostel. I don't mind guts and gore, but the premise behind the movie was a bit too unsettling for me...

Last night we watched "Last House on the Left", which was Wes Craven's first movie. Pretty good little flick, although it's a bit disturbing too.

The night before we watched Dead Alive, which is the "goriest movie ever" but is also funny and laughable. If you can believe it, it was directed by Peter Jackson, who also did the Lord of the Rings trilogy and King King...

The night before THAT we watched Creepshow 2, which was fun too, but mainly because I had never seen it before.

Don't know what we'll watch tonight or the next, but I can almost promise I'll break out some old favorites like Halloween, one of the Nightmare on Elm Streets, Shaun of the Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the Michael Bay remake) or Carrie.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

My favorite scarey movie would have to be Nightmare on Elm Street.Freddy is one mean/sick person
I loved Saw 1&2

I like some of them. Saw 1&2 were good. Hills Have Eyes was ok. Dh is a HUGE fan of Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, and Friday The 13th. He also like Evil dead, Dawn of The Dead....anything with gore in it
He's even gotten Deacon into watching them

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I loved Saw 1&2

I like some of them. Saw 1&2 were good. Hills Have Eyes was ok. Dh is a HUGE fan of Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, and Friday The 13th. He also like Evil dead, Dawn of The Dead....anything with gore in it
He's even gotten Deacon into watching them
I like movies that might really happen. Like a posessions, hauntings, and paranormal things like White Noise... But I have to say, The one with Mel Gibson about the aliens FREAKED ME OUT! (I can't think of the name of it. It's too late
)

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont watch scarey movies because I cant sleep for days (literally) afterwards because I have freaky dreams that keep waking me up. The last movie I watchewd that was scarey (at least to me) was When a stranger calls. I'm a nanny so for WEEKS afterward I was terrified of work. And I would scream at every little noise. I ended up making Kaidence scared to death too. So I finally realized I was being silly and I would loose my job if I made their child scared of everything. I still get scared going to work in the early morning. My neighborhood isnt the best and I always freak myself out.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But I have to say, The one with Mel Gibson about the aliens FREAKED ME OUT! (I can't think of the name of it. It's too late
Signs!!!
Tomm. American Haunting comes out and I will be renting that one for sure!!
All of the boys LOVE scarey movies.Amber who os 16, is a wussy pants.But, she did like UnderWorld and UnderWorld Evolution---it's about Vampires and Werewolfs.

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Zombie Movies!!!

I LOVED 28 days later and Dawn of the Dead and Land of the Dead and Resident Evil... anything with zombies.

I have a plan incase of a *real* zombie invasion.

I love all types of scary movies, both the gore and the thriller, but zombie movies have a special place in my heart.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first time I saw Blair Witch,which was SUPPOSE to be real,it scared the &*^% outta me.I live out in the boonies with woods on 2 sides of me and moutains on the other two.So, I was freaking out BIG TIME!!
I DID NOT like Hostel. I don't mind guts and gore, but the premise behind the movie was a bit too unsettling for me...
Hostel had tooooooooooo much sex in it!!!
Have any of you saw Jeepers Creepers?
I saw the first one and that was it for me.I can HONESTLY say, there aren't too many movies that scare me.But, that one made me sick more than anything.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Signs!!!
All of the boys LOVE scarey movies.Amber who os 16, is a wussy pants.But, she did like UnderWorld and UnderWorld Evolution---it's about Vampires and Werewolfs.
Signs wasnt scarey to me. I dont think I screamed once on it.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It wasn't to me either.But, I did jump a few times I *think*.I can't remember it's been awhile since I saw it.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Signs!!!
As a forewarning American Haunting has a couple of good scares, but for the most part its a pretty weak movie. My husband and I both left the theater wishing we had waited to rent it, or even better...never see it at all.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the heads up!!! I'll rent it before I think about buying it.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Signs!!!
I'm actually downloading American Haunting right now

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have to say that "The Grudge" is the scariest movie I have seen....but my favorite "scary" movie would be ....."It"...even though it was a mini series....it's a really good movie!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like scary movies...I am a chicken...I live alone too, so If I see anything scary I don't sleep for days

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alaynna

I would have to say that "The Grudge" is the scariest movie I have seen....but my favorite "scary" movie would be ....."It"...even though it was a mini series....it's a really good movie!!
Oh yes I did see The Grudge, and was horrified for weeks by it...thankfully at that time I still lived with someone.. I will NOT be seeing Grudge 2!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay here we go my favorites are: The Exorcist, I went to Catholic School so it just hit home for me. The Audition, a freaky Japanese movie. Friday the 13th, the scene where the girl gets tossed around the room gets my heart racing every time. Silence of the Lambs, down right chilling.