My weekend and Update on John's surgery

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just figured I'd let you guys know that John's surgery went pretty well. He had a little trouble coming off the anesthesia. The whole night his oxygen level was really low every time they stopped giving him oxygen. They had me make him talk as much as I could because when he was talking his oxygen level went back to normal.
So he got to do what he likes to do most. TALK. LOL He's doing pretty good now. In alot of pain though more then when he first went into the hospital. He's also worried that he wont be able to function normally down there.
Which really is something that happens when your pelvis is broekn apparently. So we have to wait and see. The doctor told him he has to stay in bed for at least 2 months without moving at all. Which is worse then what they were saying.
But he's doing pretty good.

I didnt get to go to lunch with Stan's parents yesterday like I was supposed to. I ended up spending the majority of my day at the hospital. She was really nice about it though. I figure I have to get used to being around her because she does want to be around Lava Girl.

Also Friday night after I got off here I got a call from an elderly friend of mine. Someone dumped a dog in her back yard. She actually adopted 2 of my old foster dogs. Thats how we met. Anyways she calls me up and says Brandi doesnt like him can you find him a home. So I'm like ok whatever. I was going to foster him myself but Bagheera was to stressed out by him and was having trouble with his heart the whole time. So Frisky is now in a different rescue. In a foster home. He's a real cutie pie! Here's a pic of him.

So that was my weekend.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear John's surgery went good and he is recovering. Two months is a LONG time in bed, hope you got plenty of books and cable tv!

What a gorgeous pup!
I'd take him in a minute if I were close!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear that John is doing well and sorry that he has to stay in bed so much. Be sure and check with the doctors about what kind of excersizes he can do for therapy because it will make it easier once he is able to get up and it will decrease the chances of bloodclots which can occur during an injury such as his. Maybe check into what they call restorative nursing it has different things you can do to keep the muscles in shape and you can discuss them with the doctor and the nurses, they are normally pretty good about advice about things like that.
And the pup is adorable.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of healing, calming vibes are coming John's way.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm sorry about the stresses in your weekend. I'm sure John will start to feel better soon though
. That pup is adorable! I bet it will find a great home soon

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey sorry I forgot my good vibes, my medical background kicks in sometimes when sending my vibes. And extra hugs to you too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

i'm sorry about the stresses in your weekend. I'm sure John will start to feel better soon though
. That pup is adorable! I bet it will find a great home soon
Oh yeah he's gonna be gone as soon as they get all his work done. He's got a great personality and is just to cute!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And thanks everyone for the good vibes from John. He says he's gonna start coming onhere as soon as he gets out of the hospital. So be prepared for a crazy man to join are group! LOL

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad his surgury went well.I'm sorry he has to stay still for 2 months though.
That is a cute pup!!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

And thanks everyone for the good vibes from John. He says he's gonna start coming onhere as soon as he gets out of the hospital. So be prepared for a crazy man to join are group! LOL
We love the men who join us. The crazier the better.

I'm so glad he made it through the surgery and prayers that he becomes stronger and better every day.

Take each day as it comes. It sounds like Stan's mom is ok so go with that. Get to know her as someone other than Stan's mom.

Good luck to all of you (including little Lava Girl)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor John
The pelvis is the worst bone to break in my opinion for just that reason!! It is the main stabilising bone, and it's impossible not to put weight on it when being anything other than lying down

Don't forget that doctor's always give the worst case scenario, so hopefully it'll be 2 months tops!

What was he doing work wise? Will they be paying any sort of disability type leave while he's recovering?

As for things to do while he's lying in bed bored - see if there's any correspondence courses he can do that he's interested in to keep his mind occupied and keep him busy. Or maybe get a languages program so he can try to teach himself a language. He's gonna get so bored otherwise!!

LOTS of healing vibes coming John's way!!!!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Poor John
The pelvis is the worst bone to break in my opinion for just that reason!! It is the main stabilising bone, and it's impossible not to put weight on it when being anything other than lying down

Don't forget that doctor's always give the worst case scenario, so hopefully it'll be 2 months tops!

What was he doing work wise? Will they be paying any sort of disability type leave while he's recovering?

As for things to do while he's lying in bed bored - see if there's any correspondence courses he can do that he's interested in to keep his mind occupied and keep him busy. Or maybe get a languages program so he can try to teach himself a language. He's gonna get so bored otherwise!!

LOTS of healing vibes coming John's way!!!!
He's a carpet layer so if he doesnt work he doesnt get paid. So he has no money coming in right now at all.
It is the worst bone to break! I never knew it was so important. I know that kinda sounds stupid. But I always thought a broken leg would be worse. I dont know why. But he's going to have at LEAST a year off work. According to the doctor. We are all trying to figure out ways to keep him busy. He's already really bored. He keeps fussing at me to get cable before he comes here to stay. He has to come here because my house is all one level. His when you come in your on a small landing you either have to go up to the kitchen, bedrooms, dining room, pool room and bathrooms. Or you go down to the family room, exercise room and office. So it wont work for him until he's healed.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad John is going to be O.K. When someone asks if he needs anything, you might tell them "an iPod" (if he doesn't have one) 'cause it can be a real hour-burner while he's recuperating!

Best wishes to you guys,

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, when I was recovering from my broken pelvis, I would say the first four weeks went by pretty quickly. I laid in a whole stock of books and movies and really didn't watch or read anything. I didn't take the pain pills except for at night, but there was just something about the anesthesia or something that made me really tired for a while. And unable to concentrate.

I hope John feels better soon - and can get online and see what a crazy bunch we all are!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear he is doing well! Can't wait to meet him!! lots of quick healing vibes for him!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps he can get addicted to all the soap operas on TV????
Thats going to be a long time of being unable to work. Have you heard anything from the insurance company (esp the other person's insurance company??)I wonder if h ewould qualify for social security disablity???

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Perhaps he can get addicted to all the soap operas on TV????
Thats going to be a long time of being unable to work. Have you heard anything from the insurance company (esp the other person's insurance company??)I wonder if h ewould qualify for social security disablity???
His mom talked to the other peoples insurance company (shes staying at his house) I dont know what they said though. Johns dad didnt think I needed to know.