Brazilian steakhouse?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Has anyone been to one of these? We went here on Saturday night with some friends:

www.rodiziosteakhouseri.com

I've never seen anything like it! They had a giant area in the middle of the restaurant that was filled with many different dishes - lasagna, fish, salads, cheeses, breads, soup etc. Then there were wandering waiters with giant skewers that had grilled meat on them. Each table had a marker than was red on one side, and green on the other. If you wanted them to stop at your table, you displayed the green side. They would announce what was on the skewer, and if you were interested, they would carve you a small piece of it. They had almost every type of meat imaginable, prepared many different ways. They even had grilled pineapple and garlic bread.

The only drawback was that we all ate to much.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Would you look at all that food! Grilled seasonal veggies, and even grilled pineapple and garlic bread, bring it on! Yum!
Sounds like a great time, Karen. Bet you were about to pop by the time you got out of there

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds pretty wonderful!
And I haven't had breakfast yet, so I'm more than a little peckish!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have that type of restaurant around here, but I've never gone. Everyone who has been there raves about it. I'm not good at "all you can eat". Don't get me wrong, give me all day to graze and I can do some damage, but I can't eat a huge meal all at once.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

The only drawback was that we all ate to much.
There's a similar restaurant that opened here about a year ago. I haven't been there yet but I think I'll fast from all meat products for a couple of weeks and then go there to load up.
They even have entertainment some nights as well.

Carnaval Grill

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bunch of us (about ten adults and one well-behaved six-month-old) went to one in Toronto a month or so ago called the Red Violin; it was delicious! A bit pricy ($40 per person), but the price included a good-sized salad bar with mussels, oysters and shrimp, the never-ending supply of meat, rice and veggie dishes, and a wonderful dessert made of pineapple. I probably didn't eat $40 worth of food, but my fiance and most of the other people at the table almost certainly ate more than that, so it was worth it.

I couldn't go to one now, though; I'm on Weight Watchers and I don't think I have the Points to spare for that kind of feast!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!! I love them!!!!!!!! Brazillian steak houses are soooooooooooo incredable!!!!!
My best friend's family (they're like my second family-I never had a dad growing up, so i'm really close to all of them) -they took me to Texas de Brazile for my birthday back in July- omg!! It was amazing!!!!!!
Everyone needs to go to one before they die
(It's a little expensive...I think it was $40 per person, but for a once a year or two type thing, it's definitely worth it- and the food is increadable!!! Definitely go on an empty stomach
) I had the best time when I went and definitely loved it!
Texas de Brazile sounds a lot like the one that you went to. (they do the same thing with the meat, the food in the middle of the resturant, the skeurs(sp?)....omg! And we had a really really deliscious looking waitor
! Ohhh i Love Brazilian steak houses now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I was waiting for this to go into the gutter

Stepping back out for a moment, our meals were $27.00, so all in all, it was a pretty good deal.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like you had fun and pigged out too.
That is a hard combination to beat.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would be the type of restaurant to go out wearing elastic waist pants!!!
It sounds pretty yummy though!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

Stepping back out for a moment, our meals were $27.00, so all in all, it was a pretty good deal.
That sounds really good, Karen, and reasonably priced at $27. I love the all-you-can-eat type of restaurant. One of my favorites is a Chinese buffet about 5 minutes from my mom's house: $6 for lunch, $8 for dinner!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That really was a good deal Karen!!! The one in Orlando is pretty expensive but the food was outstanding! Texas de Brazil was the name and as someone said the waiters were just as good to look at! I had forgotten that!