Hi everyone-I'm new

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello!
I'm new here, and as of this minute-I have no cats...lol! I actually adore them and have always had a cat in my life, but haven't been so lucky in a few years.
However-I may be taking in a litter of feral kittens in the next day or two. I've raised several litters in the past, and feel the tug of this particular set of babies.

I am a work at home mom, with 4 children, 2 dogs, and a crazy Amazon parrot. I remember the work of tiny kittens and actually-I can't wait...lol!

Anyhow-I'm glad to find this forum-there is so much great information here!

Thanks
Resqchick

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to welcome you to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

Good luck with the kittens, please be sure to introduce them when they arrive. It's wonderful that you are able to offer the little ones a good start in life

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and a warm welcome from Spain. Its great here with lots of advice, help and friendship ..........oh and we have a bit of fun now and then

There are quite a few members who have lots of experience with ferals, so I am sure you will get lots of help !

Once you get settled in and your kitties have arrived, maybe you could post some photos

We love photos here

Anyway enjoy the forums and heres sending lots of good luck for you new fur-family

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Resqchick and family
and welcome! Hope you'll love it here as much as we do; and sure do hope you foster those kittens! Look forward to hearing (and seeing!) about them, and knowing lives have been saved and are being well-cared-for and loved!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the wonderful welcome! Unfortunately, the woman who found the kittens is going to give it a go with them, I offered any help at any time if she needs it-hopefully she will call me right away if anything seems off.
I supplied her with enough kmr liquid and droppers to last her a lifetime, and strict instruction on "bum care and the need for it"

I will be stopping off there tomorrow to make sure all is going well and the kittens are gaining.

However-feeling the tug of a cat like I did...I went to my local rescue, and found the most lovely older kitten. The rescue dropped her off yesterday, and this kitty is simply incredible.
She's very tall, solid black, big yellow/orange eyes, and what is her name you may ask?
Well, considering the time of year...black cat...Pumpkin, of course!

She loves my kids, loves my small dog, can take or leave the big dog, and is a purring love machine.

Yay! I am now a "catted person"!

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS

I am glad you found this fourm there are alot of nice and helpful people here.

Have to update us later and give us names of all the kitty's once you get them home and settled in.

Look forward to reading more about your new kitty's

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Pumpkin and Resq:

GREAT!
So glad you've adopted! Pumpkin sounds GORGEOUS and I'm sure we can't wait to see pix whenever they're available...Our humble servant always says she never met a cat she didn't love, and she tries never to play favorites, but we've heard her admit to having a weakness for the little black ones...

DO HOPE those kittens are well, growing, and being loved on up one side and down the other...Wonderful that you're helping every step of the way!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by resqchick

Thank you for the wonderful welcome! Unfortunately, the woman who found the kittens is going to give it a go with them, I offered any help at any time if she needs it-hopefully she will call me right away if anything seems off.
I supplied her with enough kmr liquid and droppers to last her a lifetime, and strict instruction on "bum care and the need for it"

I will be stopping off there tomorrow to make sure all is going well and the kittens are gaining.

However-feeling the tug of a cat like I did...I went to my local rescue, and found the most lovely older kitten. The rescue dropped her off yesterday, and this kitty is simply incredible.
She's very tall, solid black, big yellow/orange eyes, and what is her name you may ask?
Well, considering the time of year...black cat...Pumpkin, of course!

She loves my kids, loves my small dog, can take or leave the big dog, and is a purring love machine.

Yay! I am now a "catted person"!
Welcome to TCS...there are actually a couple of posters who are working with stray cats/kittens in Long Island. Perhaps you can help them:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102976

and

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102223

Just make sure that the woman who found the kittens plans to provide them the shots they need and also charge an appropriate fee before placing them into homes. If the mom is still in the area...it would be best if she can borrow a humane trap and trap this cat so she can be spayed.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am actually going to see if the rescue that I got Pumpkin from will take the kittens when they are weaned (provided the foster mom is willing) I will also make sure about the vaccinations-the rescue provides all of them and a spay.

The Mama cat should be trapped-but the woman says she hasn't been seen in a few days-so I'll get a trap out there and wait and see.

It's good to see that there are other members from my general area here!

Thanks
Resq and Pumpkin