Question......

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, how do I start this?
I seen an old friend of mine today. Was close to his house. He had his dog and son in the yard. I walked over and said hello. We talked for a few mins about his son and my kids. He had a beautiful dog who looked like a Lab X. When I went to pet him, he cowered like he was scared. He was so starved for attention it was pitiful. I wanted to load him up in the truck and take him home
I could tell this guy had been abusive towards the dog even though he looked fed and was vetted. When they guy ( I don't consider him a friend anymore) would talk to the dog he would yank his collar HARD and tell him to sit. The dog even yelped. Then when he went in the house for a min and left the dog and his son outside I told him "He's a sweet dog isn't he?" His son says "My dad doesn't think so. He always yells and hits my dog
I got SO choked up I almost cried.
My question is, can I report this? I am so upset and it literally made me sick to my stomach!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what can be done about this.How sad for the dog though!!!
When I went to get Sapphire from her spay, the kids said that a man was going in there with his 3 dogs and he kicked one REALLY hard.I went back in and tried to find him to say something.He was already back in the room by the time I got Sapphire in her crate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I'm not sure what can be done about this.How sad for the dog though!!!
When I went to get Sapphire from her spay, the kids said that a man was going in there with his 3 dogs and he kicked one REALLY hard.I went back in and tried to find him to say something.He was already back in the room by the time I got Sapphire in her crate.
Doesn't that
you off?
I made a quick exit (even though I didn't want to) because if I stayed any longer, I would have done something to that man I shouldn't have

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Around here, they often leave it be.That's why I said I don't know what can be done.I'd call the shelter and ask them who to call about it.
I told the kids, I would've liked to kick the &^%$ out of the man for doing that to a poor helpless dog.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I would report it FOR SURE. Around here animal control will go there and investigate..

What a
.Poor dog.
I would just hate to see this little boy lose his dog but at the same time i dont want the dog to get hurt anymore

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would just talk to your local ASPCA or shelter and tell them exactly what you told us. Tell them that you wish to remaine anon. but that you were hoping one of them would stop by when they get a chance to check for signs of abuse and neglect...it's worth a shot.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I would just hate to see this little boy lose his dog but at the same time i dont want the dog to get hurt anymore
It may be reassuring for the little boy that "someone out there" cares.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would find a way to kidnap the dog. He doesn't deserve it. the spca might go out and report the complaint and then he'll beat the dog more. There must be a way when he is not home, for the gate to get opened and the dog finds its way to your house. Or you could just say to him that you would be happy to give the dog a good home since he doesn't seem to fond of the dog. Or when you see him yanking the collar, you could tell him that isn't nice and how would you like it? He obviously is one of those people that doesn't give two craps about animals. Thinks they are there to obey him. probably the way he was brought up. Maybe you could educate him, but I doubt it. His sone will grow up to be the same after seeing this behavior for years. It depends on how much you want to be involved.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

I would find a way to kidnap the dog. He doesn't deserve it. the spca might go out and report the complaint and then he'll beat the dog more. There must be a way when he is not home, for the gate to get opened and the dog finds its way to your house. Or you could just say to him that you would be happy to give the dog a good home since he doesn't seem to fond of the dog. Or when you see him yanking the collar, you could tell him that isn't nice and how would you like it? He obviously is one of those people that doesn't give two craps about animals. Thinks they are there to obey him. probably the way he was brought up. Maybe you could educate him, but I doubt it. His sone will grow up to be the same after seeing this behavior for years. It depends on how much you want to be involved.
I really don't think that would solve anything. He could file charges, and he could also go out and get another dog and do the same thing.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been quite sick today and haven't been able to call but I am going to you can bet your sweet rear I'm gonna call!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I really don't think that would solve anything. He could file charges, and he could also go out and get another dog and do the same thing.
I agree!!! Someone could see Dixie doing that and call the Police or worse,she could be shot for it.
I wouldn't want to take any chances if it were me...........that is going and getting the dog yourself.
Call the Humane Society and tell them what is going on.You can remain annomous.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh I'd report that
so fast he wouldn't know what hit him!
that
doesn't deserve to have animals at all!!!