What should I be for Halloween?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, it'll be Halloween weekend soon, and I have no idea what to wear. I'm short on time, don't have a sewing machine, and I hate pre-made costumes...

Any ideas? I don't want to wear anything *ahem* that my mother would be ashamed of, so to speak.

I am drawing a blank this year for some reason, and the party I'm going to everyone will have awesome costumes.

Help!

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Why not get a leotard or running shorts and a tshirt and blow up a bunch of ballons, pin them on, and go as a bunch of grapes? Oh, you need sexy heels too.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
you can paint your face blue, wear all black and go as a blue WOMAN!

I've seen some very interesting stuff done with aluminum foil

I have a dark blue/grey goretex jacket with a nice big hood. It's got a rim on the hood and one of my friends told me I looked like a lizard in the jacket. So that year I taped a bunch of teeth and some eyes on the hood. Simplest and one of the best costumes I ever did. Then the year after that I got a pair of those tire blinkers, taped the to the underside of the rim, wore a black balaklava to completely hide my face, wore these ridiculous air-force pants with these huge green rubber overboots. No clue... but I did get a good number of stares in the street haha

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One year I went as a Christmas present. It was interesting to say the least. Just get a BIG box, wrap it and put a bow on it(or your head), cut out holes for your arms and head and there you go. Black pants and a black shirt complete the effect.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, couple of questions to give me something to work with...

1) What color and length is your hair and do you have access to any wigs, etc.?

2) What type of movies do you like?

3) Are you thinking scary, cutesy, funny...what's your preference?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Okay, couple of questions to give me something to work with...

1) What color and length is your hair and do you have access to any wigs, etc.?

2) What type of movies do you like?

3) Are you thinking scary, cutesy, funny...what's your preference?
1. A few inches longer than shoulder-length, and dark blonde
2. Not horror movies, anything else I usually like.
3. Funny... the options around here (biggest college Halloween in the country, last I heard) are to dress like a streetwalker or be funny, if you're a girl.

Y'all have given me some great ideas, keep'em coming. I basically need to work with what I already own or can borrow. Tonight I'm going to look through my clothes and see if I can do any of them.

The gold digger idea is funny. Maybe I can find a gold shirt somewhere.