Soft Claws

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure if this is the right forum or not. Does anyone here use soft claws? I am thinking about getting them, but I am not sure how well they would work. Zebra is very squirmy so I don't know if she would be able to sit still long enough to get them on.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YES!!!! I use them and I am sooooooo happy with them.I just ordered some more for my bunch.Blaze doesn't scratch so she doesn't need them.But, the 4 kits do scratch and this saves my furniture.
As for putting them on,I have my 16 year old DD hold them and I apply the soft claws.It works for us.If you dont' have anyone to help,I'd hold the cat in a football kind of hold and apply them.
I go to www.thecatandkittenstore.com for mine

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend is here to help put them on. He thinks they seem stupid, but our cats scratch things up a lot. Milo has scratched a lot of stuff up pretty good...so has Zebra. My boyfriend said I could buy them for Zebra but not to bother for Milo because he will just get him declawed. I need to be able to order and pay with a debit card or money order and they have to deliver to Canada. I emailed the people from soft claws and they said they accept money orders and debit cards, but I am not sure how I would go about paying with a debit card.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you tried a scratching post? They make tons of cheap ones, like door hanging ones you can get for ~$4USD. Might get them to quit scratching on your furniture if you can get them to scratch that instead.

I think most debit cards you can use as a Visa card. Just look for the visa logo on your debit card and if you got one you should be good to go.

Please don't declaw, it can potentially cause a whole host of other problems, especially if you have other clawed cats around. The declawed cat can feel very insecure and might start spraying and become super anti-social.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

Have you tried a scratching post? They make tons of cheap ones, like door hanging ones you can get for ~$4USD. Might get them to quit scratching on your furniture if you can get them to scratch that instead.

I think most debit cards you can use as a Visa card. Just look for the visa logo on your debit card and if you got one you should be good to go.

Please don't declaw, it can potentially cause a whole host of other problems, especially if you have other clawed cats around. The declawed cat can feel very insecure and might start spraying and become super anti-social.
Tried the scratching post, they dont use it. Milo sometimes uses it to stretch with but thats about it. I don't know what you mean about a debit card being a visa card. Unless its different where you live. Debit and visa are 2 completely different things (at least here).

Out of our 3 cats, 1 of them is declawed right now (and please don't get mad at me for that, it wasnt my choice) and he is no different than the other 2. My boyfriends parents are the ones who got him declawed. I have never brought a cat to get declawed before.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My debit card has a Visa logo on the bottom right corner of it.You can use it as a check card/debit card/or a Visa credit card.
I would suggest you look inot opening a paypal account.It is more secure and you won't have to keep submitting your info.
As for the scratching posts, they are a joke for mine!!! They would rather look at them as to use them,they prefer the furniture.We made them a cat tree with sisal rope and they do use that sometimes,but not often.
I will NEVER go without soft claws on my crew.That is until they get older and don't claw things.
PS, if I can be of any help..........PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sheascavies

I want to get some for my cats. Especially Kovu who loves to scratch the furniture.
They are sooooooooo worth it!! I told my Vets office personal about them.I have to take a flyer down there sometime this week with the info about them.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

YES!!!! I use them and I am sooooooo happy with them.I just ordered some more for my bunch.Blaze doesn't scratch so she doesn't need them.But, the 4 kits do scratch and this saves my furniture.
As for putting them on,I have my 16 year old DD hold them and I apply the soft claws.It works for us.If you dont' have anyone to help,I'd hold the cat in a football kind of hold and apply them.
I go to www.thecatandkittenstore.com for mine
that's where i got my last batch, too. good price!

Originally Posted by crittermom

My debit card has a Visa logo on the bottom right corner of it.You can use it as a check card/debit card/or a Visa credit card.
I would suggest you look into opening a paypal account.It is more secure and you won't have to keep submitting your info.

PS, if I can be of any help..........PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!
same here - my debit card has a visa logo, too. i use it online all the time. i also have a PayPal account, for eBay sellers who don't take credit cards.