Strange noises my Tai is making... anyone know what this means?

xxpunkkittenxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tai is my little man cat (lol). Over the summer, my bf clled me and told me that Tai was staring at a moth flying around the kitchen light. He was on his back legs like a gerbil would, and just seemed to go (lol, this is a terrible impersonation btw!) "Neh neh neh neh neh neh..." but continuous and rapidly... what doest this mean... i know it isn't a cause for alarm, but please enlighten me... thx!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I believe its called "chirpping" my cats do this when they see a bird or a squirrel outside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxpunkkittenxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh is that what it is? my bf's family can do the imitation but it's pretty disturbing that he would do that to moths? does it mean anythig or is it more of a cats way for barking at something they can't reach?? please reply...

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I think it shows that they are frustrated that they can't get to it. Just this morning Lucy saw a bird outside and she has been doing that "nenenenenene" sound. There is also a clicking sound she does.

0-------------=34 (how Lucy feels about the situation - she just walked over the keyboard).

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, that's chirping. Sometimes they do it to anything that flies that they can't get their claws on. I think it's from frustration. LOL

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger makes the same weird chittering sound - she's my Bug Spy!

keeba

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol.. that's not Keeba. It's some cat video I found on the internet. I've never seen Keeba do that ever!

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Ginger makes the same weird chittering sound - she's my Bug Spy!
So is THAT what chipping sounds like?! I thought Gizmo made some funny noises but nothing like that!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LMAO @ that video!!! I love it when cats chirp! Zoey does it sometimes when she sees birds outside

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxpunkkittenxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Woah... that was soo cute... i wish i could see My Widdle Tai Man do this! My bf's parents remake the sound... but its like... "i'll see it when i see it... im not gonna take ur word for it" they do it kinda funny... (funny- strange!!)
Thx for all of your help
now i can tell the great Cat know-It-Alls (them) what it REALLY is!!
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!