earthquake and lost animals

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As most of you know there was an earthquake in Hawaii last Sunday. Most of the damage was on the Big Island of Hawaii. Many cats and dogs were terrified and escaped from their homes. Acccording to news reports the Humane Society has been inundated with calls from frantic pet owners looking for their animals. The fear is that the animals were so frightened that they just kept running and got so far from home that they became disoriented and now cannot find their way home. In addition to lost pets many people are dealing with major damage to their home from the earthquake adding to the stress they feel. Can we have a few TCS vibes for the lost animals and their owners to help them be reunited? Thank you.

Fortunately, on Oahu where I live damage was minimal. All my kitties are fine and safe at home. They weren't even particularly disturbed by the earthquake.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jean, I am so glad that you and your family were safe from harm
There were many vibes going out to our friends in Hawaii.

Sending many vibes out to the lost animals, hoping they find their way home and all are safe and sound ......

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH, my - I had no idea
Thank you for making us aware of this sad situation - LOTS AND LOTS OF {{{{SAFE RETURN PRAYERS AND VIBES}}}} going out to everyone that was impacted by the earthquake. Those poor pets and families

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that would be awful! I hope they are able to track down the animals, or that the kitties and dogs will know to come home soon.

Prayers for you and your neighbors in Hawaii, both human and furkids.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to all for the comments and vibes. Let all of us hope that many pets do find their way home or are found and taken to the Humane Society.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Jean,
I dont know if you saw this thread before, but here it is.

Our Hawaiian Friends
No, obviously I missed that. "Bad on me " for that.
I didn't intend to post a duplicate thread about the subject. Thanks for pointing that out and thanks again for all the comments.

Being from California originally I was reminded of earthquakes there. I was there for the 1989 Loma Prieta quake and this one felt a lot like it.
The 13 hours without electricity on Oahu was almost worse than the earthquake itself. The other islands got their power back fairly quickly.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jean44

No, obviously I missed that.
I didn't intend to post a duplicate thread about the subject. Thanks for pointing that out and thanks again for all the comments.

Being from California originally I was reminded of earthquakes there. I was there for the 1989 Loma Prieta quake and this one felt a lot like it.
The 13 hours without electricity on Oahu was almost worse than the earthquake itself. The other islands got their power back fairly quickly.
Oh Jean, Im so sorry, I should have been more clear. I was showing you the thread to let you know, right after it happened, that many people were praying and sending out vibes for you guys. Yours wasnt a duplicate post, you are asking us to send vibes out for the lost animals. Im sorry I didnt state that clearly.

I hope things are coming along with getting things back to normal as much as it can be. Im still sending out vibes and prayers for these poor lost animals and the people who lost them.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pam- I didn't mean my reply to be negative! I'm sorry. I was irritated at myself because I missed the first thread and started a duplicate. Thanks again to all for the kind comments and the vibes for the animals.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Pam- I didn't mean my reply to be negative! I'm sorry. I was irritated at myself because I missed the first thread and started a duplicate. Thanks again to all for the kind comments and the vibes for the animals.
Well, I for one am glad for the duplicate post, I missed the first one and would never had known to send vibes out for all the people and their animal owners.
Thanks for posting it!

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea!!
Good news. According to a TV news report tonight the Humane Society reports that all the lost animals that were reported to the Society have either found their own way home or been returned to their owners in other ways. I'm sure all the TCS vibes were a major factor.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yea!!
Good news. According to a TV news report tonight the Humane Society reports that all the lost animals that were reported to the Society have either found their own way home or been returned to their owners in other ways. I'm sure all the TCS vibes were a major factor.
Such good news to hear! I have been hearing less and less good news lately, when this happens it just makes my night

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yea!!
That is wonderful news....
I live in California.
After joining TCS, I became aware that even though Dexter & Sadie are totally indoor kitties, if we had a large earthquake, they might end up outside, lost and disoriented.
So, last year I got both of them microchipped.
I encourage everyone to do the same.
No matter where you live...
it is not expensive...
better safe than sorry.

I am so glad that all animals have been returned home.
Thanks for letting us know.