Just had a heart attack!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to look for the babies and do a head count. I counted "1,2,3" hmm...where's Duke? Looked under the bed. Nope...counted again "1,2,3. Behind the dresser? No. Under the couch? Nope. I started to panic
I looked EVERYWHERE for him and couldn't find him. DH came in and lifted up the bed, couch, moved the entertainment center... he was NOWHERE to be found! I started to cry and PRAY he wasn't trapped somewhere. I checked closets, cabinets, inside guitars. That's when Dh said "Did you pull out the drawers?" I told him they have been closed so I don't know how he could get in there". Well, he opened the drawer, nothing. Then pulled it out.... there he was, under the drawer!
Little sneaky booger SOMEHOW got under there... We don't know how, but he did. The dresser doesn't have any room to get under it, It doesn't have legs, but sits on the floor....He about gave me a heart attack! I nuzzled him and told him to
never do that to me again... Of course, he looked at me like "what's the big deal?"

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um, is it just me, or do you seem to have alot of these "cat scaring the crap out of you" heart attacks?

Trout always goes in behind the drawers..I can tell because sometime when I come home, every drawer is pulled all the way out

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you found him!

I have a water bed that has drawers under it and Abby can open the drawers and does
I've given up folding clothes when I put things away because she opens the drawers and digs everything out, LOL

When she was smaller she used to pull out a drawer, climb in and make her way over the back of the drawer to sleep under the water bed. She's larger now and can't get into the space between the drawers anymore, but she still likes to pull out the drawer and sleep inside of it.

There are times where I can't find one of my cats and I'll call and call and look in all of their secret and not so secret spots, only to turn around and see a sleepy eyed kitty looking at me going "WHAT?! I WAS SLEEPING!", and have no idea where they were hiding. hehe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Um, is it just me, or do you seem to have alot of these "cat scaring the crap out of you" heart attacks?

Trout always goes in behind the drawers..I can tell because sometime when I come home, every drawer is pulled all the way out
Yes, I do! they are sneaky little creatures!