Bless the cat hit on the country road

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I took my little abyssinian cat for a ride tonight, Frankie loves to go for rides. As we were coming home our headlights shined briefly on the side of the road to a animal who was thrashing around. I told my husband to please turn around and we went back. It was a cat, and he passed away before we could get to him. I picked him up and gently laid him in a quiet spot off the road. I pet him and let his little spirit know that somebody cared. I think the person who hit him also turned around to make sure he wasn't suffering. A vehicle ahead of us turned around about the time we saw the cat. They pulled up behind us, and saw the cat was dead.

I came home and lit a white candle for his little spirit to move on to the next life.

We did call the only place around that area to see if it was their cat, and they said no but there was alot of feral cats in the area. We live in a small town surrounded by country.

Bless the little cat I didn't know, and may his little spirit move on to a better place.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
. Bless you and your husband, and all those other good hearted people who went back to make sure he wasn't suffering. I am sure that the white candle shone brightly, and lit the path to the Rainbow Bridge, where the angels could come to meet him. Godspeed over Rainbow Bridge, little cat

luvslive

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor little kitty, you did the right thing. There are so many people who don't and it is heartbreaking.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

. Bless you and your husband, and all those other good hearted people who went back to make sure he wasn't suffering.
Amen.

Rest in peace and play at Rainbow Bridge little life.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, the poor little baby, and God bless you for stopping, its hard to see and deal with, but you certainly did the right thing. It will have eased the way to the bridge for the little mite. Both of you are certainly special people.

RIP little kitty, run and play with all your fur-friends over the bridge

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a similar experience yesterday.

I had gone to a doctor's appointment and was biking to a nearby restaurant for lunch when I saw a beautiful black-and-white tuxedo cat at the side of the road... It was raining and his long fur was matted to his body, and there was blood on his face. I don't think he had been dead for more than a day, but I think he died quickly because it was a highway and he was sprawled in such an awkward way.

I don't actually know whether it was a "he" or "she". I didn't check.

I'm just glad that this cat doesn't have to be there where its body is, out in the rain and uncared for...

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bless it's little heart
Thankfully now he/she will be well over the bridge playing and hiding with all the other TCS kitties

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP little kitty... and God bless you, Abbycats, for stopping.

Where I live, there are plenty of hit and run accidents involving feral cats. Every so often I see mangled bodies lying on the roads, some mutilated horribly, some run over so many times that their bodies are a mess of blood and fur flat on the hard road.

Once, I saw a cat thrashing in the middle of one of the less busy roads near my house. I wanted to pick it up and see if there was anything I could do for it, but just as I was about to step out onto the road, a car came along. I gestured for the drivers to stop and they slowed down, as if in response to my gestures.

Much to my shock, the car rolled SLOWLY over the cat, crushing its head beneath its front wheel and its body with the back wheel. I was absolutely stunned. I rushed to the poor fellow, he was still alive... but his eyes had been squeezed almost out of their sockets, and his breathing was very very shallow. I picked him up, but there was nothing I could do... he was gone the next minute. I can't believe what's going on in some people's minds...