TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever heard of this before?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The one thing they kept saying is that it wasn't statistically significant. I'm thinking that if cat owners use proper sanitary measures they should be fine.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me that they are just grasping at straws. Kinda like saying "if you wore the color blue anytime before the age of five, you have a 40 percent higher chance of having a slew of mental illnesses.

What they are doing is a survey of people with the disease, one of the questions being did you own a cat as a child...if you did the same survey on the entire population the results would probably be the same for any disease.

If there is any truth too it, I too agree that proper sanitary measures would be the cure. I don't think that people should stop owning cats b/c of this "possible risk".

IMO, they shouldn't put things like this on the air until they have proper research to back it up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Sounds to me that they are just grasping at straws. Kinda like saying "if you wore the color blue anytime before the age of five, you have a 40 percent higher chance of having a slew of mental illnesses.

What they are doing is a survey of people with the disease, one of the questions being did you own a cat as a child...if you did the same survey on the entire population the results would probably be the same for any disease.

If there is any truth too it, I too agree that proper sanitary measures would be the cure. I don't think that people should stop owning cats b/c of this "possible risk".

IMO, they shouldn't put things like this on the air until they have proper research to back it up.
Yes they really should do there homework before airing that kind of nonsense.

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no, I feel some scitzofrenia (totally wrong wrong spelling, i know) coming on, let me just go give Willie back!

Yeah right! LOL

Even if I KNEW i was going to get it when I was older, I would still own cats. Nothing could take them away from me!

I think this doctor is insane!