What color/pattern is she?

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone! My oldest cat Lily has pretty much stumped us on her mix of color and her pattern since she developed her adult fur. When she was a kitten she was a normal brown tabby with a small red spot on her head. As she got older the red spread and the tabby markings kinda melded together to the point where only her face, legs and tail have any distinct stripes. Her fur is ticked! Ive never seen a cat with ticked fur other then her. Most of it is red on the bottom, then black and the white on the very tip. Some parts though are red, white then black. Anyways here are some pics I took to try and see if anyone could figure out what she would be called. I for years called her just a tabby, then switched to torbie. But I dont think she is either. Here are the pics.

Some of them are a little big probably but I wanted you to be able to see the fur good.

Showing off her stripes

Body

Close up of the fur on left side of her body

And right side close up

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THE SECOUND PICTURE SHE KIND OF LOOKS LIKE A PATCHED TABBy (opps caps again, lol) some one else was just asking about tabby/whatever coloring, and a link was posted with tabby color/patterns. well the one that said patched tabby looks sort of like her. She is pretty, I am sure some one will tell you what they think, goldenkitty is really smart with patterns/colors/genetics, mabey she will be around and can give you her opinion. There are several just as good as her, (most I dont remember tho LOL!) But her knowldge amazes me and she always comes to mind with these things. I have all I can do to try and keep colors/patterns/genetics figured out with my ragdolls, I can never begin to understand tabbys, torties, torbies, ect, LOL!
I will see if I can find that link, and you can check out that patched tabby and see what you think untill some one else can tell you,

Here it is, it was posted in the thread "interesting tabby pattern" by "Lilo" it is pretty neat!

http://www.penmarric.ns.ca/Pedigree/...cat.htm#ticked

Now that I looked again, she doesn't really look like the patched tabby, that cat has white and lilly doesn't so I guess I am no help at all, LOL! (acually it's not funny, it's kinda sad, how unhelpful i am, HEEHEE!)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See if you can find photos of Beckiboo's Piglet & Eeyore. I think she did say patched tabby, and patched tabbies can have white or not, but I THINK that the white doesn't have anything to do with the patched part.

I love your kitty so much. She looks like my old therapy kitty, Sassy. She was so sweet.
Is your kitty sweet?

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's a tortie ticked tabby. Ticked tabby is the pattern you see in Aby and Somali, but you rarely see any stripes on their legd since they're homozygous for the pattern. Heterozygous ticked tabbies often have stripes on their legs.

Here's a tortie smoke ticked tabby (almost the same color as your girl):
http://www.afas-siamois.com/150_orie...aireau1bis.jpg

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't know if its really a legit color/pattern, but I'd call her a BROWN PATCHED TICKED TABBY. Very unusual pattern/color and I'm sure there is aby in the background to get the ticked coat.

Since she's basically a brown tabby, you couldn't call her a tortie - she'd have to be brown patched.

BTW if you research the ocicats, they do have non-spotted patterns and many have the ticked coats of the aby influence.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

See if you can find photos of Beckiboo's Piglet & Eeyore. I think she did say patched tabby, and patched tabbies can have white or not, but I THINK that the white doesn't have anything to do with the patched part.

I love your kitty so much. She looks like my old therapy kitty, Sassy. She was so sweet.
Is your kitty sweet?
Lily is very sweet to me. Not so much to anyon else. She thinks I'm wonderful but if anyone else tries to touch her she bites and hisses.