Would someone PLEASE explaine this theory to my little furbabes???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would someone please explaine to my little furbabies that mommy's need to sleep too! I don't think they understand the concept of mommy taking a napy.
I laid down to take a nap about an hour and a half ago (I have vertigo, so I get really bad dizzy spells even with the medicine...so when that happens, I usually just lay down a bit.) Anyways, I laid down about an hour and a half ago to take a nap. Well, that was a disaster lol.....not even 5 minutes after I laid down, Fosters wanted to hop in bed with mommy too...so I let him. (He was making a really cute face
) What I didn't realize is that Fosters wanted to play "attack the blankets" (Colin and I put our hands under the blankets in the morning and "attack" Fosters....it's his favorite game
Well...Fosters thought mommy's feet were good blanket monsters and decided that those as well as my arms must be destroyed.....so he did that for a good bit until I made him get off the bed. Well, he hopped off the bed long enough for me to fall asleep....and then he found....THE SQUEAKY! He had that thing, knowing full well what he was doing....and ran right up to my ears (mind you, I was still asleep at this time) and began squeaking it as loud as it would go right beside me ears. Well....that woke me up...it woke me up enough to hear Kenzie screaming "meooooooooooooooowmey" in the kitchen over and over again.
I tried to pull the covers over my head lol....but that didn't work......Fosters kept squeakin his toy and Kenzie kept meowing, so I finally waved a white flag and got up. Fosters is outside running back and forth against the fence trying to show the neighbors dog's that he is a ferocious beast, and Kenzie is in the kitchen floor playing with all of her toys. A minute ago when I was 1/2 awake, I tried to heat up Kenzie's food for her. Well, I should have just stayed in bed
. I thought I only put it in for 6 seconds.....well....try a minute! Ahh! I turned around just in time to see the cat food exploding all in my microwave
. Well, i'm off now to go and detail the microwave
. I gave up on the whole nap thing today lol....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh you poor thing! I had an egg explode in my microwave once. It was not pretty!
The worst thing I have ever seen explode in a microwave before was nailpolish....yea, you heard me correctly- nailpolish!
When we were younger, my sister heard on the tv, that if you refridgerate your nailpolish, it will keep longer.....well....refridgeration wasn't good enough for her, she decided to freeze it!
Well, one day she decided that she wanted to paint her nails...and suprise suprise, the nail polish was frozen....so instead of letting it thaw like a normal person (then again, normal ppl don't freeze nail polish
) she decided to loosen the top and put it in the microwave. Hehe, let's just say mom was furious when she came home and there was pink nailpolish everywhere (Kimmy tried cleaning it, but couldn't get it all
) .....my sisters is soo goofy sometimes! So nailpolish by far is the worst I've seen....but kitty food isn't much better

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I just got finished cleaning the microwave (for the 2nd time this week- the first time it was just a normal cleaning
)....it looks beautiful now
. Hehe, and wifeswap is comming on now! Yea!!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, someone just needs to put me out of my misery now!....Fosters has started squeaking again...and Kenzie is meowing at the top of her lungs again. I think maybe they have a conspericy going against me at the moment

huffypeg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ha Ha! I'm sorry to laugh at your pain - but that's a pretty funny story. I could picture it all! Cats! - sooo frustrating at times - but so so funny and fantastic you have to forgive them. And I do believe they know exactly what they are doing. For example - right now I'm trying to concentrate on this post but Tiki is sitting right in front of the computer and touching my lips with her paws....

Can you shut the door on them when you take a nap? I have done that at times - but usually that's when I am reminded of the famous Siamese vocal cords. Loud...very very loud

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know full well we could talk to them til we're blue in the face - but they will not listen.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh poor you. Maybe they thought they were helping by distracting you?!

My my, pink nailpolish all over the microwave - that's too funny!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jessy

My my, pink nailpolish all over the microwave - that's too funny!
Hehe, my sister Kimmy got in soooooo much trouble for that
I thought it was hysterical!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Huffypeg

Ha Ha! I'm sorry to laugh at your pain - but that's a pretty funny story. I could picture it all! Cats! - sooo frustrating at times - but so so funny and fantastic you have to forgive them. And I do believe they know exactly what they are doing. For example - right now I'm trying to concentrate on this post but Tiki is sitting right in front of the computer and touching my lips with her paws....

Can you shut the door on them when you take a nap? I have done that at times - but usually that's when I am reminded of the famous Siamese vocal cords. Loud...very very loud
Well, normally, Fosters sleeps in the room with us (he gets into trouble when he's allowed to roam the house unsuperviesd while we're sleeping
)....so I just left the door open so he could go in and out since i wasn't planning on sleeping long. Kenzie is my foster kitten, so she sleeps in her large cage in the kitchen when she is not out running around. (I don't let my foster kittens sleep with me because I don't know what their new owners will do as far as sleeping arangements are concerned when they are adopted- so I don't want to start any "bad habits" with them lol..... Last night Fosters tried to wake mommy and daddy up again by jumping right in the middle of the bed with us
....he know's he's not supposed to do that when daddy's there (hehe, but I let him with Colin isn't there though...he just looks soo pitaful!
) ....He has a huge bean bag that he sleeps on right by our bed so he can be close to us at night....he's like our little fluffy child lol.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitten refuses to let me sleep too! I think he gets the idea that I'm bored and need to be played with if I have my eyes closed and I'm lying down. And if I shut him out of the bedroom he gives the most pitiful sounding meows. They're not very loud, but certainly makes me concerned.