Peace - Tranquility - Cat stacking

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A window full of warm sunlight is just so totally inviting...

Cat shelving system #3, loaded down with relaxin' kitties

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cat stacking....

They look so peaceful, basking in the sun at their window.

Nice photo.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks so sweet! The bottom shelf is obviously the prime spot! But the middle spot seems to be in demand... I see 2 kitties vying for space there

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What better use for a shelving unit? They all look so content.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

So what happened to the other stuff on the shelves?

Great picture!
There wasn't anything else on the shelves....it's theirs. The "cat shelving systems" are part of a larger network of cubby's and trees made of inexpensive plastic tubs, totes and shelves that we call the "tupper lair".

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The "cat shelving systems" are part of a larger network of cubby's and trees made of inexpensive plastic tubs, totes and shelves that we call the "tupper lair".
That's a great idea! That would work well in shelters.
We plan to put up empty shelves in the spare room for the cats to use. We already call it the cat's room.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

There wasn't anything else on the shelves....it's theirs. The "cat shelving systems" are part of a larger network of cubby's and trees made of inexpensive plastic tubs, totes and shelves that we call the "tupper lair".

My DH has a question about the "cat shelving system" you have in place. Did you line the holes you cut in the larger containers to prevent the kitties from cutting themselves on the plastic edges?

For the two tubs that are on top of each other is there a connecting hole?

As you can see DH wheels are turning....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

My DH has a question about the "cat shelving system" you have in place. Did you line the holes you cut in the larger containers to prevent the kitties from cutting themselves on the plastic edges?

For the two tubs that are on top of each other is there a connecting hole?

As you can see DH wheels are turning....
No, I didn't line the holes, I "smoothed" them. I just took a piece of coarse steel wool between thumb and forefinger and "pinched" it around the platic and sort of sanded the edges smooth. The plastic is fairly soft and it went fairly quickly. And the totes don't have connecting holes up and down. They are open on both sides and both ends (hard to tell from the pics), and access to each level is by the shelves and the little cheap climbing tree.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

No, I didn't line the holes, I "smoothed" them. I just took a piece of coarse steel wool between thumb and forefinger and "pinched" it around the platic and sort of sanded the edges smooth. The plastic is fairly soft and it went fairly quickly. And the totes don't have connecting holes up and down. They are open on both sides and both ends (hard to tell from the pics), and access to each level is by the shelves and the little cheap climbing tree.
Thanks so much! I have a feeling when Rubbermaid has a sale we may be setting ourselves up for a kitty shelving system.