Need some help!

mtbkendall

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OK, Hello to everyone! I am a new cat owner. I have a male Siamese about 6 months old. This is the greatest cat! He is almost human!!

Well my question is, anyplace he spends a lot of time...like my bed, the dining room chair, or bathroom countertop...I keep findig these little seed looking things. And there will be quite a few of them. look kind-of clear, and if I could guess look very close to a seseme (sp?) seed (off of a bun or something) I initial assumption is that maybe it is cat bugurs (yea, I said it!!). Cause usualy is where he is sleeping. He does not have fleas (never scratches), so I dont think or it doesnt look like what a flea egg woul look like.

Anyone have any idea what this could be?? Thanks for your help!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has he ever been wormed? they sound like maybe tapeworm segments.... and just cause kitty never scratches doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have fleas

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Has he ever been wormed? they sound like maybe tapeworm segments.... and just cause kitty never scratches doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have fleas
I was going to say that too Katie.........look aruond the kitties bum.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:wave: Welcome to TCS!!! I also agree with the others. It sounds as if your kitty may have a simple case of worms- what you need to do is take it to the vet to be dewomed. After that, your kitty should be good as new. Good luck! If you need help around the threads, feel free to pm me. I'd be happy to help you- my name is Nikki if you need something.
Also, is your kitty indoors only, or does it go outside as well?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mtbkendall

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is indoors only..and has not been around any other pets..WORMS!! oh no! this has been going on for a while. His stool has always been solid. I will get him to the vet right away..or is there a way to worm him with over the counter stuff from Petsmart?

Thanks for ya'lls help. Here is a pic:

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, never buy OTC medications of any sort. Go to a vet, that is the safest thing to do.

Guess what? Worms come from fleas the majority of the time. I would flea treat him too. Just because you don't see them when looking at him and he doesn't scratch doesn't mean he doesn't have any on them. You also may bring in fleas on you or if you have a dog or something or a friend with pets who may have fleas. So it doesn't make any difference if your cat stays in or not.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would definitely get something from the vet for worming, OTC meds, for fleas or worms, are at best ineffective and at worst not safe for your baby, and if I may so, an absolutely gorgeous baby you have at that! Love me some Meezer!!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a little sweetie!

I would guess fleas and tapeworm (they go together). Fleas can be carried inside on clothes so even though he is indoor only doesn't mean you don't have fleas around.

Please DO NOT use over-the-counter products, especially flea products as they can and have harmed and killed cats. Go to your vet and get Revolution or Advantage and get the vet prescribed de-wormer in the dosages for your kitty's weight. They are safer and more effective.

Our kitties are indoor but we treat them monthly with Revolution from April until November.