Things non-"cat people" dont get

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw a great photo of a kitty being nosey & it made me think. There are so many great things about cats that people that aren't cat people don't get. For example: My cats don't think I'm capeable of doing anything without thier assistance. So what other things are great about cats that some people just don't get.

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol, I make my own cards for all events and the cats just HAVE to help. And when I pull out my sketchbook to draw, they need to lay directly on it.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

when cats meow, they are talking to you!
And they do more than just meow.

They are very "helpful" when you wrap gifts supervising every part of it.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That they own us and we are helpless...we have to obey their every whim and command!

Also- that they are the will not be told where they can and cannot go- it is impossible- they own the place! No countertop or shelf is safe!

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A really big one....non-cat people for real can't seem to get!

Getting invited to a cat person's house as a friend, date, acquaintance or whatever and right off saying something like "I hate cats"...is NOT a good way to get into a cat person's good graces.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That it is necessary to introduce your cats to guests:

"Bill, this is Fluffy. Fluffy, meet Bill."

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That 3:30am is the perfect time for breakfast...
Or that clothes you just laid down make a wonderful bed...
Or that it's super fun to hide on the steps in the dark waiting for obove breakfast (this is particularly fun if your a black cat)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That clean laundry is a preferred cat bed, whereas the dirty laundry pile is a place for certain cats to express displeasure with us.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Non-cat people don't understand how a cat who sneezes IS THE CUTEST THING EVER!!!

When we tell a story about how Snazz pushed Missy off the bed, and Missy jumped back up to give Snazz an ass-whuppin', non-cat people are supposed to stay quiet and wait till we finish, and for the love of Zeus, LOOK INTERESTED, lol

Non-cat people don't understand how, when visiting a cat person, when suddenly sounds of banging and smashing starts up, how the the owner can look so calm. "Oh that? Yeah, that's just Mr Snickerson. I forgot to add a pinch of cheddar to his food last night and now he's displaying misplaced aggression and frustration. Don't worry. If you come across him when you leave, though, don't tell him it was me who invited you into the house. The consequences could be dire. More coffee?"

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Non-cat people don't understand that the way a cat goes down the stairs is to criss-cross in front of one. This helps us practice our agility.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That it's okay to wake up my husband and tell him to move over but it's not okay to wake up a sleeping kitty who's in the middle of the bed