Anyone going to the movies this weekend?

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are going to the movies...what movie do you think you will see??

We are going tonight and mostly likely will see "The Prestige" ...it looks very interesting...

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and a friend are going to see Flags of our Fathers, but I'm afraid its going to be rather crowded as the author is originally from this area. That movie actually had a world premire on Wednesay in the small town of Antigo, WI where the author's father moved to later in life. The local newspaper has been featuring articles and interviews with the author and the whole story behind the book and the movie.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not going this weekend, but next weekend I really want to see Saw III. I hope it is as good as the other 2. I love seeing scary movies in the movie theatre
Only problem is, I won't go alone and my fiance hates the movie theatre. It will be my birthday though, so I am not sure he is allowed to say NO

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not going this weekend, but I recently saw The Departed and The Illusionist. They were both excellent!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a lot of people are comparing the illusionist with the prestige...I wonder which one is better...I haven't seen the illusionist yet...

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first went I couldnt remember the name of the prestige and saw the preview and was disappointed I was watching the wrong movie. But I was pleasantly surprised by how good the illusionist was!!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh to have Ed Norton make that truly woebegone face at me... I would meeeeelt.. And I'm excited, becauase I love Christian Bale, and he gets to use his natural accent in the prestige. Also the departed was AMAZING.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

Oh to have Ed Norton make that truly woebegone face at me... I would meeeeelt.. And I'm excited, becauase I love Christian Bale, and he gets to use his natural accent in the prestige. Also the departed was AMAZING.
I love Ed Norton...and he is from my hometown (Columbia MD)!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

I am not going this weekend, but next weekend I really want to see Saw III. I hope it is as good as the other 2. I love seeing scary movies in the movie theatre
Only problem is, I won't go alone and my fiance hates the movie theatre. It will be my birthday though, so I am not sure he is allowed to say NO
John & I are going to see that when it comes out too!
We went to Saw 2 in the theatre, and I was scared - I love watching them at the theatre too - that way I won't be afraid at home while watching it!

I saw a sneak peek on MTV the other day - it looks really good!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to go to the movies this weekend, but i'm low on $$$ so I won't be able to. I hope ya'll have fun!!!
Let us know what movies you saw and if it was good!