TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What is on my porch?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is on my porch?

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
So yesterday i came home from work and noticed something unusual sitting on my porch! I had absolutely no idea where it came from but I liked it!





Turns out Lee found it at the river where they were tearing down an old cabin and its been there since Monday!! That show how much I pay attention!
post #2 of 23
Awww, he's cute! What a lovely surprise to return home to!
post #3 of 23
Thread Starter 
Hey he is no Gnone!! He is really cute! I am hoping he is worth something! Probably not but oh well!
post #4 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom View Post
Turns out Lee found it at the river where they were tearing down an old cabin and its been there since Monday!! That show how much I pay attention!
That's so funny! I bet Lee was wondering when you'd make a comment about the little guy sitting out there!
post #5 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar View Post
That's so funny! I bet Lee was wondering when you'd make a comment about the little guy sitting out there!
Well I asked his mom if she brought it, then called his friend accusing him of depositing it and didn't even ask Lee until I got home from the gym at 8 pm!!
post #6 of 23
Oh my, how could you miss that sitting there! He's cute
post #7 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom View Post
Well I asked his mom if she brought it, then called his friend accusing him of depositing it and didn't even ask Lee until I got home from the gym at 8 pm!!
Classic!
post #8 of 23
Thread Starter 
Lee asked what the difference between a gnome and this little guy was!! I guess I need to show him a picture of Susie's nutty gnome!!
post #9 of 23
Looks like a "Tar Baby" to me, like from Song of the South
post #10 of 23
Is it made of cement?? I've gone to auctions and those things go for some $$$.
I would fix it up a bit though.
post #11 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC View Post
Is it made of cement?? I've gone to auctions and those things go for some $$$.
I would fix it up a bit though.
Yes its cement! Its pretty heavy too. I want to keep it. I don't know if I will put it in the yard come spring or keep it in the house. I want to put it by the fireplace!
post #12 of 23
Think of the nuts you could put in his hands...
post #13 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
Think of the nuts you could put in his hands...

Hmm maybe Susie will get some pics of him holding nuts from her SS!
post #14 of 23
He is cute!! How could ya not notice??
post #15 of 23
I saw one of these on Antiques Roadshow - do NOT fix it up, leave it just as it is and get it appraised by an expert in African American art - you just might be surprised by it's value!!!! "Fixing" it could ruin its worth!
post #16 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post
I saw one of these on Antiques Roadshow - do NOT fix it up, leave it just as it is and get it appraised by an expert in African American art - you just might be surprised by it's value!!!! "Fixing" it could ruin its worth!
Really? That would be so cool! I don't know where I would find one of those people around here though!!
post #17 of 23
and here i was thinking that one of the tcs members had actually planted it in your backyard!
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan View Post
and here i was thinking that one of the tcs members had actually planted it in your backyard!
That's exactly what I was thinking too
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom View Post
Really? That would be so cool! I don't know where I would find one of those people around here though!!
I'd start with the internet, try the roadshow website, see if they'll be coming to your area anytime soon.

I'm totally serious - don't fix it until you know if it has real value - it very well may surprise you at how much you could auction it for through an auctionhouse!
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan View Post
and here i was thinking that one of the tcs members had actually planted it in your backyard!
That was my first thought, too - I thought a new trend had been started, LOL!!!
post #21 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan View Post
and here i was thinking that one of the tcs members had actually planted it in your backyard!
That honestly crossed my mind! I know once TCS lives in Columbus but she isn't here very often so I didn't think it was her. But I do have some TCSers pretty close!
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
Think of the nuts you could put in his hands...
post #23 of 23
Luckly none of you apart from Tricia and i dont think she would travel all the way here just to deposit a GNOme on my door step... actually.. that would be kind of cool!

TRICIA WHERE DO I GET A KITTY GNOME HERE IN GERMANY?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What is on my porch?