Daylight Savings...

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That hour is so appreciated during the weekend of our Gem & Mineral Show!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stupid day light savings time! It never made sense to me and still doesn't. I was so happy that I lived in one of the few states that didn't change time.... that was until last year.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been looking forward to that extra hour of sleep for a few weeks now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool! Thanks!
I knew it was sometime soon. It's getting dark at like 7 pm here when it was dark at like almost 9!

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love dayllight savings time!

Yeah it kinda stinks it gets dark so early but I like that I can sleep in

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Stupid day light savings time! It never made sense to me and still doesn't. I was so happy that I lived in one of the few states that didn't change time.... that was until last year.
I heard that a very long time ago, they started day light savings time because it helped the farmers working in the fields. Of course, now farmers have modern equipment, and really don't need that extra hour of daylight anymore, but it's a tradition that hasn't been changed.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dont feel like an airhead,lol. I wasnt sure when to change clocks either.

And now it will start getting dark at like 4 pm....ugghh.....

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I'm with ya on that!! Then again, I grew up in the one part of Indiana that DID have DST (Northwest IN, aka The Region). When I started college at Purdue, I was soo happy, then it was taken away from me 6 years later.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

Where is your show held? Is it in a different city every year?
The show is in Evansville (Indiana) and will be at Washington Square Mall. Has been at that site for 40 years!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tease my friends and relatives in the parts of Indiana that are now on DST that they were too "stoopid" to change their clocks.
But at least their kids are waiting for the buses in daylight, now!

Back in 2000, Mom and I stayed with niece's kids while she and hubby were away for several days. I was really dismayed at the fact 6 year old great niece had to wait for the bus in the near dark. It just didn't seem safe to me. I remember back in the early 1970s when we tried that as an experiment to save energy and having to wait for the bus in the dark. To get to the bus stop (across the highway with the neighbor's kids) I needed a flashlight.