Cat doesn't shut up!!

gilbert&liam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol! I know someone else wrote about this but theirs was concerning a new cat. We have had our cats for almost a year now, and the one has just started constantly meowing within the last couple of months or so. He meows ALL THE TIME!!! the only thing I can think of is that he wants attention, but he gets so much. Is he just being greedy?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First question would be is he neutered?

Is there anything medically wrong with him? Has he been checked by the vet recently?

Do you play with him enough? Maybe get him some interactive toys or a cat tree.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilbert&liam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
he is definitly neutered. As far as we know there is nothing medically wrong with him, he hasn't been to the vet in awhile though. We are at work during the day but he has a brother so he isn't totally alone. When we come home we usually do play with him a lot. The other one hardly ever meows, it is just the one that never stops.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe he is aprt siamese or another oriental breed. I don't know, some of my little cat zoo here meow constantly or talk back to us and I love it. I like vocal cats a lot and think it is adorable. I don't know what else to tell you. I am sure someone else may come along.

gilbert&liam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well it is cute for about 5 minutes and then it gets really annoying

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how about an interactive toy? something that moves or like I said earlier, a cat tree with really interesting things to go thru and climb on and play with and stuff.

gilbert&liam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well he has a little cat house. It is three stories high with three holes to go inside. He usually sits on top though. Not to mention tons of little balls with bells inside, and he has one of those cat massage things that cats can rub on.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These toys will bore him since they don't move by themselves. Try an interactive toy where YOU play with him. Da Bird is best but there are others.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a kitty like that too, Jfinx will meow and meow and meow, and she's super loud too, I can hear her when I pull up in the driveway
I don't really have any advice other than try to ignore it? Maybe he realizes that when he meows like that he gets extra attention, cats have us trained so well sometimes

gbw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Gilbert&Liam - it looks like a lot of others have this same problem, including me!
I think some people just have "chatty" cats and others have vocal cats who are a little more than "chatty." Is your cat just being talkative or is it a loud and constant meowing? We are dealing with the constant stuff and it's difficult.

Have you thought about Feliway? I think some others say that it helps. I am trying it but can't really say one way or another if it's working...

For those of you who have cats who meow loudly all of the time, how do you cope with it? I find it to be upsetting for both our cat and us and I just wondered what others do other than just ignoring it.

grinder_7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We had that problem and as much as we played he was just bored. We ended up getting another cat which seemed to work.

Sorry - not the solution you want to hear bit Milo would meow ALL THE TIME!!

deni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine are now almost 10, for the first 6 years of his life Roly only ever pirruped, we moved and since then I can't shut him up. It's pure attention seeking and when he eventually realises that I'm not going to drop everything at the drop of a hat, he twitches his tail, wiggles his bum and saunters off down the hall to the nearest pile of clean laundry in disgust! His brother is the exact oppposite and only ever talks in a strange cat gruffy growl when he wants his dinner. They're like people, have their fuunny little ways and don't we know it!

gilbert&liam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GBW

Hi Gilbert&Liam - it looks like a lot of others have this same problem, including me!
I think some people just have "chatty" cats and others have vocal cats who are a little more than "chatty." Is your cat just being talkative or is it a loud and constant meowing? We are dealing with the constant stuff and it's difficult.

Have you thought about Feliway? I think some others say that it helps. I am trying it but can't really say one way or another if it's working...

For those of you who have cats who meow loudly all of the time, how do you cope with it? I find it to be upsetting for both our cat and us and I just wondered what others do other than just ignoring it.
No, I don't think he is being chatty, he constantly meows. He has a brother to keep him company. When he gets like this I am nice at first, calling his name and talking to him nicely. Then when he doesn't shut up I am like "GILBERT!!! WHAT DO YOU WANT!!!"