DH was in an accident!!!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is o.k. BUT, he totaled his Chevy S-10
He hit a patch of water and tried to keep from loosing control.But, it did no good.He was in a section of construction with the concrete barriers.He hit them so hard,he knocked 2 of them sideways.He smashed in the front end of the truck,broke the passengers side wheel off.The fan is in the radiator,side mirror is off.
We only have liability insurance on it.So,we're not gonna get any help with getting it fixed.
Now,we are going to be down to only my van.So, no more work for me.

I am just sooooooooooo thankful he was the ONLY one involved in the accident and he is ALIVE!!!
He had my Dad and his Dad,and God looking out for him.
They towed his truck to the tow yard.I will get pics of it tomm. and post them.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am gald he is ok, in time, the truck can be fixed or get another one.
take care and best of luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We'll be getting another truck as that one is totaled.But, that will have to wait for atleast 4 months.

delilah_blue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear your hubby is okay! And positive vibes coming your way for getting your truck fixed ASAP.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

He is o.k. BUT, he totaled his Chevy S-10
He hit a patch of water and tried to keep from loosing control.But, it did no good.He was in a section of construction with the concrete barriers.He hit them so hard,he knocked 2 of them sideways.He smashed in the front end of the truck,broke the passengers side wheel off.The fan is in the radiator,side mirror is off.
We only have liability insurance on it.So,we're not gonna get any help with getting it fixed.
Now,we are going to be down to only my van.So, no more work for me.

I am just sooooooooooo thankful he was the ONLY one involved in the accident and he is ALIVE!!!
He had my Dad and his Dad,and God looking out for him.
They towed his truck to the tow yard.I will get pics of it tomm. and post them.
Sorry to hear about the accident! But I'm glad your DH is ok! It sounds like it was a pretty bad wreck. Sorry about the truck though.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am soo sorry about all of this. I just cought up to your thread. I am glad to hear that God and his angels were keeping your hubby safe...thank goodness he is ok. I know loosing a vehicle can cause stress and a monitary strain...but thankfully that is all you lost and your hubby is safe and sound. I'm soo glad he is ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you all tonight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all.The kids don't know it yet.......only my 16 year old DD that watched the boys for me.I had to go and pick up Shawn.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad he is okay!
sorry about his truck, though..

take care and I hope he is able to get another truck soon!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I'm glad he is okay. Maybe he can check at work...some jobs will give you an advance on your pay, and take it out a little with each paycheck over the next months to pay it back. Then you could get an older (dare I say beater) car, so at least you could keep your job!

We have a large church near us that has a car ministry...they help people in dire circumstances such as yours. Maybe there is something similar by you?!?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank God he is ok! The truck can be replace. your DH can't!! Get a new turck soon vibes coming your way!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm so glad that he is ok... As the others have said - trucks can be replaced.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is DH feeling today after the accident???
I hope he is okay-I echo the others saying while its going to be hard that you are down to one vehicle-it can be replaced-he can't.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How scary! I've lost control on a wet road, not fun! Glad you hubby is ok
bet he is sore today though