Stans Mom Called!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was actually very nice. She told me that Ben (Stan's brother) saw me at the store and saw that I was pregnant. She wanted to know if Lava Girl (her new nick name
) was Stan's baby. I told her she was. She asked if I told Stan. I said yep I did he doesnt want anything to do with me or the baby. Accused me of lying about the baby being his. She got soooo mad. She said she was going to call him and knock some sence into his head.
She also said that "he really isnt a bad gu he's just in a rough spot right now". Sorry but I was with him for 4 yars. We lived together 2 years. We only had 5 good months before he started hanging around some bad people and turned into the guy I seriously hate. Anyways back to her. She asked me to email her the sonogram picture and she wants to see me. I really dont want to see her. Her whole family loves me and when we broke up they were trying to get me to go back to him. So I know she will try and get me to go back with him. I just needed to vent. I'm sure you guys are getting tired of my drama.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw - that's a tough spot to be in.
I guess it's just good to remember that she is probably thinking of that as her grandbaby. I know it's a big bummer, BUT if they really are nice people, and IF they don't force you to get back with Stan, the more adults that a child has in its life who are positive role models, really really helps keep that child on the right path.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe she just wants to get to know her grandbaby? She doesn't sound too thrilled with her son. If she's a nice person, your daughter will benefit if she has this grandma in her life.

I don't think you have to deal with her right now, though, and it would be on your terms that she gets to know the baby.

Congratulations! Daughters are fantastic!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that she sounds like a nice,caring person who wants a chance to know her grandbaby.But, we don't know what she is like in person.So, it is your judgement about what to do with her and a relationship with Lava Girl.Do things in YOUR time!!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh stop that. We're never too tired to listen to eachothers problems and hopefully offer a shoulder or some advice. I can't blame her for wanting to see her granddaughter, even if she isn't born yet. I hope something can be worked out.

Susie

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thnk is wonderful that she wants to be in the baby's life. She is going to be a proud Gramma! I think its best for you to be involved with his family even if your aren't with him. Your child will benefit greatly from knowing its family!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I think you can be strong enough to keep Stan in his proper place. But lil Lava girl can definitely benefit from having his family as a part of her life if they are as nice as you say.

Hang in there. You'll be just fine.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, no worries...thats what we're here for..vent away my dear..

It will be hard to see your ex's mom, but just do whatever feels right. If you really don't want to see her, its your choice. It would a privelege for her to see you, not a right...So stay strong and go with your heart

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes people who are a little further from the situation may see things that you didn't and help with advice.

So keep on talking here, if it helps!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

It will be hard to see your ex's mom, but just do whatever feels right. If you really don't want to see her, its your choice. It would a privelege for her to see you, not a right...So stay strong and go with your heart
what she said!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just sending you some hugs I know this is a tough situation but I also know you are strong enough to handle this in a good way and turn this into a very good thing for your baby girl so that she has alot of people to love her.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I thnk is wonderful that she wants to be in the baby's life. She is going to be a proud Gramma! I think its best for you to be involved with his family even if your aren't with him. Your child will benefit greatly from knowing its family!

Also, on a side note.. there have been cases where grandparents have taken the parents to court for a right to see their grandbabies. No matter how awkward it might feel for you, I think it is important for you to come to terms with things and find a way to set those feelings aside when it comes to allowing your daughter to see her family.
I think it's even more wonderful that she is asking to see you now. She ovbiously wants to be there to support you during the pregnancy and that says a lot. If you don't want to see her now, that's fine, but keep in mind it might make things a little easier later on when your baby is here.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey, i think it's wrong to keep the baby from her grandparents if they want her. Screw the daddy, but she at least has the right to be with them occasionally. Just tell them when they try to pressure you that you aren't interested in being with him, but you're happy to share your daughter's life with them.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

Honey, i think it's wrong to keep the baby from her grandparents if they want her. Screw the daddy, but she at least has the right to be with them occasionally. Just tell them when they try to pressure you that you aren't interested in being with him, but you're happy to share your daughter's life with them.
thats reall good advice! i hope it works out!