I'm about to strangle a certain fluffy someone!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Fosters, our very sweet dog has not stopped squeaking that $^&* squeky toy all night!!!!! I'm about to go insane
I would feel aweful taking it from him, becuase the little guy is soo happy and loves his toys soo much, but that thing is seriously giving me a migraine. He's rolling around in the floor on his back squeaking it as loud as he can while he scratches his back at the moment lol.
He also loves tossing it around the house while barking and "talking" to it. (he has already decked me with it a few times tonight) I have never seen a dog who loved their toys more lol...or squeaked them more vigiriously!
.....If some of you remember back, it's the squeaky toy I posted a picture of that said "Dog Beer" -it's a little green "can of doggie beer" squeaky toy....and at the moment, it is his favorite. Uhhh, I should really dig up my old ear plugs.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Totally been there, done that. JD also likes to hold his toy while lying on his back and squeeking away!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tune him out.
don't hurt me, Nikki.. I am just kidding.
I have to tune out my hound, Buster when he is barking sometimes. ear plugs sounds like a good idea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol...ya'll are too funny! Well, I suppose he got momentairly tired of squeaking...he went in the kitchen to get some water and investigage what his kitten is up to....lol, he loves Kenzie to death- it's soo sweet, he thinks she's his baby
....well, i'm enjoying the squeaking break while it lasts lol....he will definitely be back at it again in a few minutes. But I could never get mad at him for it- he's the best dog!! And he's definitely adorable when he plays! lol...goofy boy

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
woot sound sounds like a pet party going on,

and sorry no strangling the fluffy ones allowed . however a good long walk is

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

UHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Fosters, our very sweet dog has not stopped squeaking that $^&* squeky toy all night!!!!! I'm about to go insane
I would feel aweful taking it from him, becuase the little guy is soo happy and loves his toys soo much, but that thing is seriously giving me a migraine. He's rolling around in the floor on his back squeaking it as loud as he can while he scratches his back at the moment lol.
He also loves tossing it around the house while barking and "talking" to it. (he has already decked me with it a few times tonight) I have never seen a dog who loved their toys more lol...or squeaked them more vigiriously!
.....If some of you remember back, it's the squeaky toy I posted a picture of that said "Dog Beer" -it's a little green "can of doggie beer" squeaky toy....and at the moment, it is his favorite. Uhhh, I should really dig up my old ear plugs.
Thats what you get for being nice to him and buying him such a cool toy! He's just saying THANKS NIKKI! LOL

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jake does it too! He will sit directly under my desk and chew on his squeaky hamburger for HOURS! It drives me crazy. He also plays fetch with himself and tosses it around the house....knocking things over, running into us

I feel your pain!

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
K-Mart has toys that I like to call "Grunty Badger" - I don't know the real name. ANyway, it kind of looks like a badger and costs $4.99 or 5.99. The noise it makers is low-pitched like someone belching, doesn't drive me up the wall the way the SQUEEEKEEEE SQUEEEKEEEE SQUEEEKEEEE does. But our dogs get the squeky out of hte toy very quickly now anyway.

When Zircon was little he would get the squeaky out and then have it in his snout like chewing gum and squeak on it. This would usually be when I was on the phone!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our boss's wife sometimes brings their greyhound in to work, and he has several squeaky toys.......only problem is, he is squeaking his little heart out while Im on the phone!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
this is precisely the reason I never buy Vino toys with squeakers
fortunately he likes little tiny stuffed animals and tennis balls the best

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Can you replace with a non-squeeky replica, or does he like the squeek?
Oh goodness no! That would break his sweet little heart....I tried that once a few nights ago and he laid down in the floor all depressed and looked like he had just lost his best friend. I felt like such a bad mommy!
I immediately gave him his toy back and he was happy again

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Jake does it too! He will sit directly under my desk and chew on his squeaky hamburger for HOURS! It drives me crazy. He also plays fetch with himself and tosses it around the house....knocking things over, running into us

I feel your pain!
lol, both Fosters and Ginger do that
....Ginger (my wolf mix at my house) knocks over the Christmas tree several times a year because she gets soooo excited running back and fourth around the house playing with her toys (I worry about the dog around the Christmas tree more than the kitties
) This year will be Fosters first Christmas with us, so I'm have a feeling he will be up to something when Christmas rolls around

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all of the stories everyone!
Ya'll gave me a good laugh.....Fosters is currently hoarding all of his toys beside him and chewing on each of them for a few minutes at a time before alternating lol
...he has his rope toy, knong, stuffed animal and his squeaky all beside him lol...this doggie LOVES his toys!
It's cute though

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are giving me dog envy. I love my kitties, but I would also love to have a dog. Unfortunately right now time & space are limited and my life would not be fair to a dog.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

You guys are giving me dog envy. I love my kitties, but I would also love to have a dog. Unfortunately right now time & space are limited and my life would not be fair to a dog.
Have you thought of adopting a geratric or older dog who may not need as much space? (like a younger more energetic dog would)/ Also, even if you can't adopt one right now, animal shelters and rescue organizations are always looking for loving temporary foster homes
/ Just a thought! If all else fails, you can be my doggie's godmommy!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww! now my certain fluffy someone is sound asleep in the floor!!! He looks soooooooo sweet!!!! his legs are laying down weird like he's about to run and his ears (they're floppy) are all flopped out and straight up! Awww! My little man is soo sweet

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
When we got our Boxer from the pound, we gave him a bright yellow squeaky ball. I swear he squeaked it for 48 hours straight, and it looked like he had half a grapefruit in his mouth! He loved toys, but nothing ever matched that first squeaky ball.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

When we got our Boxer from the pound, we gave him a bright yellow squeaky ball. I swear he squeaked it for 48 hours straight, and it looked like he had half a grapefruit in his mouth! He loved toys, but nothing ever matched that first squeaky ball.
You have a Boxer???? Oh my goodness- now you have to post a picture for me to see
I LOVE Boxers! They're soo cute!