Keeping 2 Desexed Feline Aids Positive Males in Accomodation Together?

naomih

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Last night I trapped 3 kitties (all street cats/ferals), 2 of which have come back positive for feline aids. There is a foster carer from an animal welfare league that can care for them in a separate cat enclosure, but I'm worried if they are in there together they might not get along and might hurt each other? I don't think they've had much to do with each other outside. Last night they both spent in their traps side by side in the loungeroom with mesh and sheets separating them and there were no issues, but they were clearly petrified. Any ideas...finding 2 separate homes for these kitties will be near impossible, I'm lucky I have somewhere for them to go at all.
Thanks,
Naomi
http://www.kittiesinthehood.com

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Naomih

Hi,
Last night I trapped 3 kitties (all street cats/ferals), 2 of which have come back positive for feline aids. There is a foster carer from an animal welfare league that can care for them in a separate cat enclosure, but I'm worried if they are in there together they might not get along and might hurt each other? I don't think they've had much to do with each other outside. Last night they both spent in their traps side by side in the loungeroom with mesh and sheets separating them and there were no issues, but they were clearly petrified. Any ideas...finding 2 separate homes for these kitties will be near impossible, I'm lucky I have somewhere for them to go at all.
Thanks,
Naomi
http://www.kittiesinthehood.com
Naomih....best practices advocates placing these cats in seperate rooms and slowly introducing them. If that is not possible, I am unaware of anything that is 100% effective to ensure that they get along.

Katie

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its actually FIV, which is the equivalent of HIV and doesn't necessarily develop into AIDS. I think the best thing you can do it sto try and give them a chance to see if they can get on, now they are both neutered, you might find they will settle down.