sphynx cats! need some help!

iheartsammy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have researched them some and have looked for breeders online, but sadly from what I've seen they all seem like BYB to me.
I was wondering if any one has had any experience with them and what are some pros and cons to owning them? I know the basics like they need to be kept warm, need a bath, ears cleaned, claws clipped, every week (or from what I've read)

Could use some help! thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iheartsammy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks! that really helps alot!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iheartsammy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm going to bump this up a bit...

winter hawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
BYB stands for Back Yard Breeder......which is NOT the kind of breeder to deal with as they are usually only in it for the money.

Winter Hawk

3angels

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by iheartsammy

I was wondering if any one has had any experience with them and what are some pros and cons to owning them? I know the basics like they need to be kept warm, need a bath, ears cleaned, claws clipped, every week (or from what I've read)
The sphynx breed from what I've learned from ours is that it is like a child and dog in one. Our sphynx follows us around constantly. There is my husband, 2 daughters and myself in the house. Kloe our sphynx has no preference to anyone of us. She will climb on and lay with who ever gives her the attention at the time or who has the warmest bed. She likes to wear her little shirts(some are socks with holes cut out for front legs and head). As far as staying warm I have found if it is warm enough for me she's comfortable. She also finds places such as computer monitors, CPU for the computer, and TV's to sleep on when no one has a lap available. She is very dependant compared to our other cat who could care less is we existed as long as his food bowl has food. Once we left the house for a weekend get away and my MIL stayed and watched her and she said Kloe walked around to every bed meowing pittifully for half the night before she decided my MIL was good enough to sleep with. Besides the dependant part she very much like our other cat, except the weekly baths-at which time she gets her claws clipped and ears cleaned. Hope that helps. Once you get a Sphynx you will never want another breed.(sorry in advance other breed owners I'm prejudice)

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
have you ever happened to bumb in a maltese sphynx breeder ? I always wanted to adopt one but never saw one here in malta. I don't even know if they exist here :/ maybe someone heard about one here in the forum ?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3angels

Once you get a Sphynx you will never want another breed.(sorry in advance other breed owners I'm prejudice)
No offense taken - we all have our little biases - mine is meezer!

I have a friend who has 2 Sphynx cats and absolutely adores them.

luvmysphynx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3angels

Once you get a Sphynx you will never want another breed.(sorry in advance other breed owners I'm prejudice)
You will also find out that one is not enough of this wonderful breed!

kiraroo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a sphynx called Connie. She is a lot like what 3 angels said. Connie thinks she is just another human or another cat or perhaps a dog depending on her mood. I wouldnt change her for the world. When i went to work this morning she was still in bed, my bed.
She is very chatty and crazy, but also very affectionate and loving.
I do bath her everyweek and clean her ears but as for keeping warm, she finds sources of heat herself