Someone is scared of Scratch!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone at work today told me that they were really scared of Scratch Fury Destroyer of Worlds. She said that he looked really mean and nasty. She then went on to say that she couldn't believe that I had a black cat because all they brought was bad luck and misfortune.
I politely told her that he was really shy and had most likely been abused by his previous owners. I also added that he was coming out of his shell and was becoming a very kind kitty. She snorted and walked away.

I just couldn't believe that someone would say that Scratch was mean with out even knowing him!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm thinking she doesn't like cats at all. Anyone who gets to know them truly appreciates the shy ones like Scratch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I'm thinking she doesn't like cats at all. Anyone who gets to know them truly appreciates the shy ones like Scratch.
I was almost tempted to drop off 8-Bit at her house with a bag of flour, some toilet paper, and show him where she keeps her bras. Then she would find out that black kitties aren't all that bad.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I was almost tempted to drop off 8-Bit at her house with a bag of flour, some toilet paper, and show him where she keeps her bras. Then she would find out that black kitties aren't all that bad.
Sounds like a good idea to me! Oh, and FORGET the litterbox, he'll make his own!

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG! Is your cats name really "Scratch Fury destroyer of the worlds"?

In all my time I must say...

THAT IS THE BEST NAME EVER! Kudos to you.

As far as your stupid co-worker. Put a dead fly on her desk, it will make you feel better. I promise!

Anyway..Black cats are the best. The love of my life was a black cat. (RIP Mr. Murphy.) He brought me nothing but love, joy, and laughter. Now if that is bad luck I would like to see this persons version of good luck!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Breal76

OMG! Is your cats name really "Scratch Fury destroyer of the worlds"?

In all my time I must say...

THAT IS THE BEST NAME EVER! Kudos to you.

As far as your stupid co-worker. Put a dead fly on her desk, it will make you feel better. I promise!

Anyway..Black cats are the best. The love of my life was a black cat. (RIP Mr. Murphy.) He brought me nothing but love, joy, and laughter. Now if that is bad luck I would like to see this persons version of good luck!
Thank you... the vet just rolled her eyes and laughed when I told her his name. He was cowering in the corner when I said it too.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How could she not like Scratch? What a heifer! Poor Scratch! That baby is welcome anytime at my house! I like him!

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the vet just rolled her eyes and laughed when I told her his name.
Well that's just crazy! I have seen thousands of cat names and yours just made it to the top of my list! It's hilarious! And fierce! Meow!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Breal76

Well that's just crazy! I have seen thousands of cat names and yours just made it to the top of my list! It's hilarious! And fierce! Meow!
I also must be honest... I named him after a kitty in this web comic. www.pvponline.com.

Scratch Fury Destroyer of Worlds is the kitty in the strip. He is super intelligent, but is thwarted by his catly instincts.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have the best cats! They are truly unique and wonderful. I too love black cats - always have.

Some people are so totally ignorant. I fume every time I hear someone say Siamese are nasty. They should definitely spend 24 hours in our home and they would never say that again - ever!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

You have the best cats! They are truly unique and wonderful. I too love black cats - always have.

Some people are so totally ignorant. I fume every time I hear someone say Siamese are nasty. They should definitely spend 24 hours in our home and they would never say that again - ever!
I remember you telling us that Bijou has already converted a couple of people to liking cats.

delilah_blue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Obviously this person does not like cats very much! About black cats... My Delilah is black, and I have some neighbors, who are really very nice people, that walk their dog around our block. They have in the past actually turned around and retraced their steps rather than pass my house after seeing Delilah out in my yard, for fear she might "cross their path". Some people believe what they want to believe no matter what the truth actually is (in this case, that black kitties are AWESOME!!!). I also remember reading that in some countries black cats are considered to bring GOOD luck.

In any case, I LOVE Scratch's name. I pointed it out to my Dh and he got quite a kick out of it as well.

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also must be honest... I named him after a kitty in this web comic
That's okay, we are all named after something! Scratch Fury Destroyer of the Worlds though..Well the just beat out my current fav of "McNaughty Pants". That one goes to second place.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You SO need to get this shirt and wear it around the office!! I'm thinking about getting it since it is so very cool!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

You SO need to get this shirt and wear it around the office!! I'm thinking about getting it since it is so very cool!
That is so perfect.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are the superstitions I know regarding black cats:

It is good luck if a black cat greets you
A black cat on your porch brings prosperity
A black cat crossing your path is lucky
It is lucky to touch a black cat

on the other hand, it is unlucky to chase a black cat out of your home, or unlucky if you meet a black cat and it turns away from you

I have never heard of black cats being unlucky (other than if you're mean to them or they don't like you), superstition here says pretty much that there is no better thing than a black cat!

Not that I'm at all superstitious, but who wouldn't want a black cat? They are all just wonderful.