TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I turned it down
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I turned it down

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
The job that I applied for last week. They called back for a 2nd interview, but I turned the job down. It was a lot of traveling for my training (and I dont have the $$ to be wasting on gas right now anyways) and its not something that I can really see myself doing. I told my Grandma when I was talking to her that I really just don't want to rush into anything that I'm really unsure about. I want to find a job that I'm passionate about - or at least think I'd have a future in. She agreed with me - and so did my Mom & Dad -at least they are supportive!

The perfect job is out there.... I know it is! (I hope )
post #2 of 19
I agree with you Kenz! It always sucked being stuck in a job I hated!!! Have patience, it will find you soon!!
post #3 of 19
Just keep on trying! You'll get something!
post #4 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by menagerie mama View Post
I agree with you Kenz! It always sucked being stuck in a job I hated!!! Have patience, it will find you soon!!
I was stuck with a job I was unhappy with for 2 years - and I will not put myself in that position again!!
post #5 of 19
Sending "find the right job" vibes your way!!
post #6 of 19
Good for you! What we suffer through in life makes us stronger. Now you're strong enough to know what you will and will not stand for!
post #7 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by menagerie mama View Post
Good for you! What we suffer through in life makes us stronger. Now you're strong enough to know what you will and will not stand for!
Thats so very very true!! I'd rather be on unemployment and happy, rather than making a bit money and being totally unhappy and stuck in a job that I hate. Happiness is more important to me (as long as we can pay the bills )
post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
So about 2 minutes after I just last posted - the job I REALLY wanted to call me back just called and left a message!! I have to call her back tomorrow - I guess things happen for a reason, don't they?
post #9 of 19
That's awesome that you just got a call back from the one you wanted! I think things will work out for you Good luck tomorrow
post #10 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
That's awesome that you just got a call back from the one you wanted! I think things will work out for you Good luck tomorrow
I know! Isn't it weird how that works!? Good thing I turned the other one down!
post #11 of 19
I'm glad that you turned it down...if you really weren't that into it, you wouldn't have been happy there.

I do believe that everything happens for a reason. I turned down 2 jobs before this one and so far so good.

Good luck with the company that called you tonight...you never know this could be your dream job!
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
So about 2 minutes after I just last posted - the job I REALLY wanted to call me back just called and left a message!! I have to call her back tomorrow - I guess things happen for a reason, don't they?
I hope it is GREAT news!!!
post #13 of 19
Good job!
see it totally pays to listen to your gut.
post #14 of 19
Good for you, I'm sure it was a tough decision..Not many people listen to their heart like that.

Your right, you will find the perfect job
post #15 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
Good job!
see it totally pays to listen to your gut.
I usually don't listen to my gut - but I thought, ehh, why not
post #16 of 19
I hope your 2nd interview goes as good as the first and you get the job!!
post #17 of 19
I hope you get this job it that you are wanting and that its your dream job.
post #18 of 19
Sending you lucky vibes for this job!!
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
So about 2 minutes after I just last posted - the job I REALLY wanted to call me back just called and left a message!! I have to call her back tomorrow - I guess things happen for a reason, don't they?
Did you find out good news???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I turned it down