Are you getting a flu shot?

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, are you guys getting a flu shot this year? There's plenty of supply for everyone to get one. I'm debating it. I had the flu for the first time two years ago. I was pretty miserable; all I could do was sleep for three days. I hardly even ate. I just didnt' have the energy. I survived by drinking Sprite
On the other hand, I was only sick for five or six days and only really sick for three days.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've ever gotten it... at least not that I can remember.

As sick as it may seem- if I get the flu I will at least enjoy being in bed all day and having Chad take care of me!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the shot once... it did help me... Since there's enough this year, I definitely want to do it... I tend to get sick, and now that I'm working outside the home again, I need to stay healthy. And that job being a public job (retail) I can get sick easily...

Good thing I'm signing up for insurance... they're just starting to offer it for part timers at my store... woohoo!!!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, the last time I got a flu shot I got the flu from it! It was horrible, and I was sick for days on end. I'll take my chances.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've gotten the flu shot every year for the last decade. When I get the flu, I'm VERY ill for two weeks straight, ususally sleeping round the clock for the whole first 5 days. I've had pneumonia twice, too, so I just can't risk it.

I can't afford to miss that much work, so I have to get it. I missed it two years ago, because I came down with it the day before I was scheduled for the shot - boy, was I ticked off about that! I was in bed for a solid week, out of work for 8 days total.

I highly recommend them if your immune system is in any way compromised!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope, have never gotten the flu really bad, and if I do, I will be more than happy to stay at home, sick in bed

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've already had my flu shot. I got it on Tuesday. I don't like being sick. So, I get a flu shot every year.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never gotten a flu shot. I rarely get sick, and the flu virus mutates regularly anyway. If I do get sick I get time at home watching tv and cuddling the kitties
So I'll take my chances!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If my job offers them, I'll get one; if not, I won't. I rarely get sick, and the last time I got the flu shot, I got the flu ... every other year I didn't get the flu shot and didn't get sick. Like another poster said, I'd rather save them for somebody who really needs one -- I'm definitely not in a high-risk group.

Besides ... a few days off work would be nice, even if I do feel like death warmed over during them.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not me. I got one once, and it gave me the sniffles for a day or two, which wasn't real bad but who needs that? I avoid getting colds by frequent hand washing and trying to avoid those that insist on spreading their germs everywhere. I am generally healthy, knock on wood.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I've never gotten a flu shot. I rarely get sick, and the flu virus mutates regularly anyway. If I do get sick I get time at home watching tv and cuddling the kitties
So I'll take my chances!
I didn't even have the energy to watch TV. I could barely pick up the remote! I'd have to sit for about half an hour working up the energy to pick it up. And whenever I'd try to watch something, I'd fall asleep.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one that actually doesn't mind being sick cuz at least I get to stay home!