I am gonna die!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just received a confirmation for Lee's flight to Germany. He leaves me November 3rd.
I am seriously on the verge of tears. It wasn't real until now. They have his return date set for August 18. That is 9 months away. I am relieved its not going to be a full year but it sucks still.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I'm sorry, that is tough news. I can't imagine going through that, but hopefully the time will go by fast! And you have TCS to keep you company, not that we're any substitute for Lee!
I wish him a safe trip and I wish you all the patience in the world!!

On a good note, I've been away for a while, is that a new kitty I see in your siggy???

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that must be so hard on you

The year will go by so quick so he will be back in no time!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just going to have to keep myself very busy. TCS, work, my neice, my girls, and biking.

Yes Shannon! Phantom is my newest addition. She showed up on a friends doorstep and he called me to ask if I wanted another. Of course I said yes hurry her over. We told Lee that she showed up on our doorstep and that I had to take her in and feed her because something might get her outside! He still isn't the wiser!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Hon, it will be ok...........with emails, phone calls, and us, it will go fast...........
(easy for me to say huh, Jerry is never more than 15 miles away)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Brandi - I'm so sorry to hear about this happening - how's Lee?

Time will go by fast, my best friends boyfriend is in Iraq right now, and he'll be back in April - so we're trying to keep busy til he comes back - but right now they do a lot of emailing and writing letters back and forth.

You'll be alright -your a strong woman!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I am just going to have to keep myself very busy. TCS, work, my neice, my girls, and biking.

Yes Shannon! Phantom is my newest addition. She showed up on a friends doorstep and he called me to ask if I wanted another. Of course I said yes hurry her over. We told Lee that she showed up on our doorstep and that I had to take her in and feed her because something might get her outside! He still isn't the wiser!
That's great! I've been away too long! I'm glad to hear of the new addition, and at least you have 2 furbabies to keep you company!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will be ok. You definitely have the love and support of all your TCS friends to get your through this tough time as well

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys! I think the hardest part will be sending him off at the airport. That and coming home to an empty house! He will be flying in to Stuttgart and not Frankfurt Fran!

I have already warned my brother in law that he will be seeing a lot of me for the next 9 months!!

I will be leaning a lot on you while he is gone to keep me occupied, atleast while I am sitting at this desk here at work with the pictures of he and I all over my desk.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry...we are waiting to hear when my bil will be deployed - again. One thing that helped me (I worry well about anyone I care about...) is putting together creative gift boxes to send

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I am sorry...we are waiting to hear when my bil will be deployed - again. One thing that helped me (I worry well about anyone I care about...) is putting together creative gift boxes to send
I have been think about that a lot. I know I will be making a going away package with stationary and pens and stamps and pictures of us and a few other small things.

Sorry to hear about Bill being deployed again. Atleast I know Lee won't be in a war zone. I hate to hear of anyone going away to war. That is why I would find it so hard to be with someone in the military.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have been think about that a lot. I know I will be making a going away package with stationary and pens and stamps and pictures of us and a few other small things.

Sorry to hear about Bill being deployed again. Atleast I know Lee won't be in a war zone. I hate to hear of anyone going away to war. That is why I would find it so hard to be with someone in the military.
Sorry, I should spell instead of abbreviating everything! BIL as in brother-in-law (my youngest). DH and I had a lot of fun coming up with a great Christmas box in particular the one Christmas he was there (things like smoked salmon and pannetone). Other things we sent were instant hand desanitizer - small bottle that could fit in a pants pocket, instant hot cocoa (first thing in the am or at night in Iraq is cold by comparison to day time heat), mole skin for blisters, biscotti as they wouldn't spoil or melt and are great dunked in coffee.

My dh was already done with his service to the army when we married but had been stationed in South Korea, and was stationed in Saudia Arabia for all of Desert Storm.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should have know that! I just thought you got in a hurry and left on an L!!
I swear I am going to write Lee like every day. A hand written letter not an e-mail. I think he will love letter from the mail.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I should have know that! I just thought you got in a hurry and left on an L!!
I swear I am going to write Lee like every day. A hand written letter not an e-mail. I think he will love letter from the mail.
I think that is a great idea

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
*Hugs* We're facing a one year deployment to Afghanistan in January so I know how you're feeling. If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you. PM me if you'd like and I'll give you my AIM name as well.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crystal211

*Hugs* We're facing a one year deployment to Afghanistan in January so I know how you're feeling. If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you. PM me if you'd like and I'll give you my AIM name as well.
Thanks. the same for you. I don't have a computer at home as of yet so no AIM. But I am here if you need someone to talk to. I have been through these kinds of seperations before with my dad. But never with MY S/O. I think in the long run it will be really good for us. I think the anticipation of the departure is the worse thing yet. We have known he was going but not knowing exactly when and for how long has been a bummer. Now we know and I feel worse!