Horrible news, our friend died....

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, we got some bad news yesterday. One of my husbands friends came home from work and found his 8 month pregnant wife blue & gasping for air. And their 4 yr old little girl was hanging on her mothers leg crying. They took her to the hospital and the baby had died in her belly, and shortly afterward, Ann flatlined also. She was only 28 yrs old. And they were both so happy for their second child. If you all can spare some prayers for the Camm family, they are going to need it. Their little girl is traumatized beyond compare, and Dean, now a widower, is in shambles. Doctors believe that is was a blood clot that travelled up her body, causing a pullmonary embolism. Poor Dean, he is so worried about his daughter, as Ann was a stay at home mom, and he works the 4am-2pm shift, he doesn't know what he's gonna do to care for her. My heart is just broken for them, and it truly makes you realize that you never know when your time will come. I held my husband last night, and just cried, and appreciated every second of being in his warm, safe embrace. I thank you for your prayers in advance. This tragedy couldn't have happened to a nicer, more in love couple. So sad....

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh God, that is tragic. The family is in my thoughts and prayers. Things like this make you really appreciative of every precious moment we have here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's for sure. I am just broken over it. I mean, I wasn't very close to Ann, but we always got together for new years, and poker parties, and barbeques. And just the whole injustice of it all makes me sad. She was a very sweet girl, and a gem of a mother.
And her husband adored her for sure. And her daughter just thought the world of her momma. They were a very close family. They were also so very happy about the upcoming birth of their new baby....their 4yr old was thrilled to be a big sister.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a totally tragic event for all concerned. No words can even begin to make things better. My thoughts go out to them. How dreadful for the little girl - I do not know how her father can tell her what has happened in any way to take the pain and trauma away.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh
!

I dont know why but good people seem to go alot quicker

*sending lots of positive vibes to you and their family*

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Heather.............chills went down my spine as I read your post..........God bless them all...............how very very sad...............

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, how horrible...
I'm so sorry for your (and their) loss. Such a tragedy....It really hits home and makes me think how much I need to appreciate every day!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I have goosebumps on my arms from reading that. What a sad thing. Blood clots sit very close to home as my mother had one and the man who I know as my paw (not blood related at all) was in ICU from one but luckily pulled through. My prayers are with the Camm's.

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Wow! I have goosebumps on my arms from reading that. What a sad thing. Blood clots sit very close to home as my mother had one and the man who I know as my paw (not blood related at all) was in ICU from one but luckily pulled through. My prayers are with the Camm's.
I am so sorry to hear that. My father-in-law, 4 months be for Brent and I got married, passed away from one also. So I can relate. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and to you all.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my god, that is just awful.
I'm wishing strength to her poor husband and daughter.
To loose them is bad enough, but so quickly without any kind of warning is just so cruel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for all of your thoughts & prayers. I haven't been able to go over there to visit with them, but my hubby did. He said that their daughter is in shock. She is kinda blank, and kinda looks through you (she's a very shy little girl to begin with). Dean said that she's going to be needing counseling, and that the only thing she asks is when Mommy's coming home with her sister. And even though he tried to explain to a 4yr old that Mommy is in heaven with the angels, she still keeps asking. Thanks again for your prayers, I know they will need tons of them. We are coming home early from our "long weekend" for the funeral on Monday.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just want you to know that my deepest prayers and vibes are going out to that entire family as well as you and anyone else who knew and loved them. I am soo sorry to hear such tragic news. My heart goes out to that man and his little girl. ( I know around here, and it's something worth looking into, especially with a young child....they have a camp in Memphis called Camp Good Grief for children who experience the loss of a loved one- it creates a support network for the kids, they can talk to one another, counselors, and they learn that grief is ok and how to handle grief- it's also very interactive with family members- such as fathers - maybe you can try to find information on something like that in your area to tell the husband about when the time is appropriate- it may help out a bit. ) I am soo sorry for the loss of your friend. My prayers and vibes will continue to be with you all as well as that sweet little girl and her father. Please let him know that he has numerous people praying for him right now whenever you get the right moment to talk to him- he may take comfort a bit in knowing that even though he's going through a rough time...people, even strangers he does not know, care about this and are praying for him. My heart goes out to all of them.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolence to the friends and family of poor Ann! The thought of that poor mommy, hearing her child's desperate cries, must have made her want to live so badly. And that poor baby-girl - 4 years old is old enough to remember, too young to understand
I am sending out prayers and vibes to the Camm family, as their expected joy has terribly turned to unimaginable grief

It's a bad time of year for such a loss - I know because my brother's death-anniversary was earlier this week. The holidays begin at Halloween, and continue through the beginning of the year, and the emotions are mixed between holiday excitement and the dreary, cold, weepy weather that in itself can be so, so depressing.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My heart goes out to your friends and to you. All of you will be in my thoughts and prayers.