Warning Weird and Sad Story Advice please

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ever have them times where eveything seems to be going great and then out of now where something comes and kicks the chair right out from under you so to speek?

I have been having that kind of time lately. Me and my mother never really seen eye to eye. She has done alot of things to hurt the family and I was really trying to be the one who forgives her and let the past be the past and now she has gone and stired up the pot again.

I feel like i am living on a JERRY SPRINGER SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok this is too weird, Ok my sister got married and they were going to have a baby. Well we had all went camping and my sister started having some pains I went to look for my mom and my sisters hubby but nowhere to be found so i rushed my sister back home and called my grandmother who is a nurse. And she came rightover. Well it was too late my sister had lost the baby and still no mom or sisters hubby to be found. My sister was off to the hospital and i went on a search to find the rest of them. 3 hours later they show up finally. I try to explain what is going on and they just give me a look like they could care less. I knew something weird was going on. So i sat them down and began questions one after another until the truth had come out. OH THE UNSPEEKABLE THE WORST THING A MOTHER COULD DO TO HER DAUGHTER . She had stole her husband. So now i had to be the one to tell my sister cuz my mother and my sister husband sais they were not telling her. So i waited a few days until my sister had time to deal with the hospital and lossing a baby. Hard enough to go threw that on top of everything else i though, When i did tell her about what was going on She did not believe me. She hated me infact. and they went on with there lives like nothing happened. and the spilt 3 months later and my sister didnt speel to me for 3 months. My sister had come to terms with what was going on sometimes the heart just cant see what is in front of you or just dont want to believe it. Anyway some time passed and my sister started talking to my mother again and i did too. But over the past year she just keeps making up stories and lies to get attention. She even can to us and said she was dieing witch we all broke down until we found out it was not true. My sister no longer talks to my mother witch i really dont blame her i know she has been hurt alot. But i tried to forgive my mom and move forward again but i just cant do it anymore. Now my mother is spilting with the man that see stole from my sister, witch they split up every 3 months cuz they just cant seem to stop cheating on eachother. And on top of that my mom wants to adopt a baby just because it reminds her of my sisters baby how weird it that. (my sister found a nice man now and is married and has 2 kids that are adorable i might add.) But dont this just seem like she really wants my sisters life. She seems to have to do everything she does or wants whatever she has. I have 2 little boys myself and i dont want them growing up thinking that is how life is to be and that kind of actions are ok. My kids dont see my mom that often. And if they do they are never alone with her you just never know what is going to come out her mouth. She like to use the kids for show and tell more than anything and if noone is around then she dont want to play grandma and she asked if the kids could call her by her name cuz she dont think she is old enough to be grandma. She is 43 and thinks she is 16 still. She even tried to by a little sports car a orange one with racing strips haha. I just really think it is time to just let go even though she is my mother would that be wrong of me to cut her out of my life? Am i doing the right thing? It just hurts so much to know she will never really be a grandma to our kids. Is is wrong to love your mom because she is your mom and have lost respect for her? I really need advice am i doing what is best, would it be wrong of me to keep my kids from seeing her? PLEASE HELP THANKS I am so confused and just plain ready to give up on my mom. There is alot more to this but too much more weirdness to write it all but you get the idea of just how MUCH I FEEL LIKE I AM ON A JERRY SPRINGER SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

And now that they have split my mom need a place to stay or atleast a place to park her stuff I had to tell her sorry i couldnt help this time. I feel bad but i just can go threw this crazy stuff again. I want a normal atleast half way normal life but she just has to keep having something come up.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gross the fact that the guy would even be interested in your mother is just off putting. But i have heard cases like this and my ex is one of them.

My ex now has lost all contact with his mother, but i know that soon enough she will track him down again and make up its always been like that. Just the less contact she has with him the better off he is.

Just because your mother gave birth to you that doesnt mean you have to have respect for her if she is treating your family badly. Its easier said than done but you need to let go for a while, maybe even for ever.... she will only learn her mistakes once she looses all of her family.

By the sounds of it she isnt going to change, and it will hurt once you break contact with her.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I think you have to determine what is best for you and your kids. This may be cutting your mother out of your life or determining your mother is not trustworthy and making boundaries so you're not hurt.

It is a tough decision. My sister and I had a falling out two years ago and haven't spoken since. I came to the decision that I didn't trust her or like her and I'm doing better without talking to her.

There are a lot of expectations around family but I don't believe they have the right to abuse you any more than a stranger on the street.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Gross the fact that the guy would even be interested in your mother is just off putting. But i have heard cases like this and my ex is one of them.

My ex now has lost all contact with his mother, but i know that soon enough she will track him down again and make up its always been like that. Just the less contact she has with him the better off he is.

Just because your mother gave birth to you that doesnt mean you have to have respect for her if she is treating your family badly. Its easier said than done but you need to let go for a while, maybe even for ever.... she will only learn her mistakes once she looses all of her family.

By the sounds of it she isnt going to change, and it will hurt once you break contact with her.
Thanks i think i had that made up in my mind i just feel so bad for having to do it i am not a mean person and just have a hard time letting her know i just cant keep going threw this with her. And even harder on my kids cuz they dont understand why they cant see grandma right now Breaks my heart to have to see my kids not be a part of there grandmas life even though it is for the best i hope they understand when they get older. Thanks so much for the advice.

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I think you have to determine what is best for you and your kids. This may be cutting your mother out of your life or determining your mother is not trustworthy and making boundaries so you're not hurt.

It is a tough decision. My sister and I had a falling out two years ago and haven't spoken since. I came to the decision that I didn't trust her or like her and I'm doing better without talking to her.

There are a lot of expectations around family but I don't believe they have the right to abuse you any more than a stranger on the street.
Yes that is true. I know I am doing the right thing by letting go, Maybe that would open my mom's eyes to what she is doing. Thanks for the advice I just knew i could count on you all to help me threw this THANKS SO MUCH!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
One thing I have to say in addition. It is not going to be easy. People will be asking you about it and you will probably feel guilty. That is when you remind yourself of why it is better for you. You don't have to tell these other people anything but that you have determined it is better for you.

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

One thing I have to say in addition. It is not going to be easy. People will be asking you about it and you will probably feel guilty. That is when you remind yourself of why it is better for you. You don't have to tell these other people anything but that you have determined it is better for you.
Yes I know it is going be hard. It has been hard we havent had a family gathering in awhile my kids b-days have been down no one shows up cuz they are afraid my mom will show up and drama will hit the fan. But i think this would be best maybe if my mom is out of the pic the rest of the family will be able to enjoy doing family activies together again. And my husband really does not get along with my mother he dont understand why i forgive her everytime she hurts my and my family. He knows that i am a kind person that is why he loves me so he says. He just dotn like to see me hurt over and over by my mother. I am so luck to have a my hubby, he gets me threw alot.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can choose all of the people you have in your life, except for your family. But that doesn't mean that you have to keep them in your life.

Your mother sounds like a very toxic person. She also sounds like she isn't going to change for anyone. I do think it is best to cut her out of your and especially your kids' lives. I know you don't want that kind of influence around your children.

Yes, it will be hard, but you may actually find that it's less difficult than you think it will be. You won't have to deal with her drama and selfishness, and I am sure that will be a great relief to you and your stress level.

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

You can choose all of the people you have in your life, except for your family. But that doesn't mean that you have to keep them in your life.

Your mother sounds like a very toxic person. She also sounds like she isn't going to change for anyone. I do think it is best to cut her out of your and especially your kids' lives. I know you don't want that kind of influence around your children.

Yes, it will be hard, but you may actually find that it's less difficult than you think it will be. You won't have to deal with her drama and selfishness, and I am sure that will be a great relief to you and your stress level.
yes so true Guess you cant pick your family. WELL MOSTLY I AM THANKFUL I HAVE A 2nd FAMILY TO TURN TO RIGHT HERE ON TCS I AM SO GLAD TO HAVE MET YOU ALL YOU ALL you all are so great and so kind and so helpful when we are in need of advice or just need a pick me up on a down day. I am sending you all hugs thanks so much.
What would i do with out you all