Interesting tabby pattern

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I take pictures of kitties for a local shelter to place on their adoption page on their website. I see a lot of cats with different markings and patterns. I had never seen one like this girl. You can see faint rosettes maybe, (I enhanced the contrast a little bit to see them better), but between those, which you can't see, is a ticked tabby pattern. Did I describe it correctly? I just thought she had a really unusual coat, and she's a sweet girl to boot

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't that how a bangles coat is described? with rosettes and ticked? They also have glittered coats too? Does this cat have that too? Mabey she is a bangleX? Either way she is beautiful! I hope she goes to her forever home soon!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does she have light orange in her coat? Because she could be a dilute tortoiseshell/tabby of some sort... Ticked coats have got actual bands of color on the hair itself. Check out some pictures of Abyssinian cat; that's a ticked coat. It's like a very, very small tabby pattern, so that it looks pretty even overall.

Possibly she is a tortie with very mixed colors?

I wish I could see that cat myself though; pictures tell very little. Heck, I'd want to see her even if she looked completely ordinary, I'm so cat-starved right now!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that is an unusual looking color.Maybe she is a Bengal mix as someone said!?

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd guess she's got some Bengal blood flowing in her veins because they're the only cats I've seen with rosette markings.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its possible that it might even be a spotted tabby in the background. Hard to tell from pictures but I'll agree, its unusual.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Its possible that it might even be a spotted tabby in the background. Hard to tell from pictures but I'll agree, its unusual.
It was hard to tell in person!
Like I said, I had to up the contrast to show what you see here. The markings were just as faint in real life. She's really pretty though.

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's a cool page, thanks!

But I see more "mackrel" tabbies than "classic" tabby, which it says is more common.

Harriet is like, spotted/classic