I am sooooooo angry

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so angry and upset, We just found out the dog next door has parvo, I know why because they never cleaned the dang yard.
The reason I knew something was wrong is because I hadn't seen the dog she would alway's come running to the gate for pets, just all of the sudden I told My hubby I haven't seen Sheba have you and he said no, so I went out around to the front of the house and looked through there gate, she was laying in the back yard, I called her she didnt get up, I told my hubby there's something wrong with her, she is also a big barker and the more I thought about it I haden't heard her for days. So I came in our back yard and walked back to where she was laying in there yard and she wouldn't even get up, I told my hubby go see if anyones home and tell them to check her she must be ill. So he went over and the guy told them she has parvo and they are probably going to have her put down tomorrow, He said they took her to the vet and they treated her but there were no guarntees and she is no better. How dare them not be decent enough to inform us and other neighbors, My poor Zoie is in the yard, had I known that I would not have even let her out there. And from what I read BECAUSE they never cleaned there yard it can be infecious for 5 months, they cleaned it maybe 5 times in over 2 years, Zoie has had all her shots and is due again next month we may take her early. The thing that really makes me angrey is how they have neglected this rottie emotionally, never talked to her never played with her, and he had the nerve to tell my hubby they already have a puppy they are going to get, you shouldn't do that when a dog has been that ill in that yard...OMG I am livid, this poor dog has been in that yard for 2 dam years without any love or affection she's only about 2 yrs old, I wonder if she ever even had shots.. I'm sorry this is to long.. I needed to vent, I hate these people next door they are so neglecful

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I don't blame you for being angry. That is so horrible that they did this. I'm really hoping they don't get a puppy because the poor thing would be so vulnerable to Parvo that it would be a death sentence.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That IS terrible, I see that every day and it still affects me. Rotties have a tendancy for getting parvo too....They should know better. Poor girl....

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I am so angry and upset, We just found out the dog next door has parvo, I know why because they never cleaned the dang yard.
The reason I knew something was wrong is because I hadn't seen the dog she would alway's come running to the gate for pets, just all of the sudden I told My hubby I haven't seen Sheba have you and he said no, so I went out around to the front of the house and looked through there gate, she was laying in the back yard, I called her she didnt get up, I told my hubby there's something wrong with her, she is also a big barker and the more I thought about it I haden't heard her for days. So I came in our back yard and walked back to where she was laying in there yard and she wouldn't even get up, I told my hubby go see if anyones home and tell them to check her she must be ill. So he went over and the guy told them she has parvo and they are probably going to have her put down tomorrow, He said they took her to the vet and they treated her but there were no guarntees and she is no better. How dare them not be decent enough to inform us and other neighbors, My poor Zoie is in the yard, had I known that I would not have even let her out there. And from what I read BECAUSE they never cleaned there yard it can be infecious for 5 months, they cleaned it maybe 5 times in over 2 years, Zoie has had all her shots and is due again next month we may take her early. The thing that really makes me angrey is how they have neglected this rottie emotionally, never talked to her never played with her, and he had the nerve to tell my hubby they already have a puppy they are going to get, you shouldn't do that when a dog has been that ill in that yard...OMG I am livid, this poor dog has been in that yard for 2 dam years without any love or affection she's only about 2 yrs old, I wonder if she ever even had shots.. I'm sorry this is to long.. I needed to vent, I hate these people next door they are so neglecful
I would report them!
Call the SPCA, Animal Control, Or Humane Society and tell them what's going on. They might get an order saying that they can't adopt or have any other pets....What

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just went out there I think she's dead
I can't beleive these pople they have not been out there all day to even look at her, I am so disgusted, they better do something with her and do it quick.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I just went out there I think she's dead
I can't beleive these pople they have not been out there all day to even look at her, I am so disgusted, they better do something with her and do it quick.
Call someone about it! Report them! I dont think these people are worthy of having pets!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness!! That is so sad I want to cry...That poor poor dog...No dog deserves that kind of treatment..All sad and lonely with noone to care for him.

That is heartbreaking.

Is Parvo contagious? Or does it come from the fecal waste on the ground?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Oh my goodness!! That is so sad I want to cry...That poor poor dog...No dog deserves that kind of treatment..All sad and lonely with noone to care for him.

That is heartbreaking.

Is Parvo contagious? Or does it come from the fecal waste on the ground?
Both. Usually if one pup in the litter has it, they all do.. thats why its SOOOO important to have ALL animals Vetted and updated on it!

PLEASE call someone and report this! I really hope and PRAY they NEVER get another animal... Do these people have children? I hope NOT

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good God!
why do people have to be so freakin' cruel?!?!
let them be ill and just lay there dying and see how they like it!
and yes PLEASE report this! do not let them get away with this!! it's animal cruelty and something SHOULD be done about it!!!!!!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How could they just leave that poor dog outside? They shouldnt be allowed to have pets any more. Though theres probably nothing they can do becuase they said they took her to the vet and got her treated. At least here all you have to do is make an effort by taking it to the vet. The vet doesn even have to do anything. If you dont take it to the vet then you can be charged with animal cruelty. Poor og. Why didnt they put her down already if she was that sick.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rotties have a tendancy for getting parvo too
hmmmmmmmmm not sure where you heard that.We bred and raised Rotties about 6 years ago and we NEVER had a pup with Parvo.
I think it is based on weither or not they have shots and are kept clean more than anything.
As for these people.......REPORT THEM!!! I wouldn't let this go for one second!!!!!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We hadn't seen her for a few days so I went around front and she way laying in the back yard, I KNEW there was something wrong because she always came to the gate, The guy said they took her to the vet I wonder, I'd have to see the bill marked paid My hubby said well I just thought it was strange she didn't get up and we hadn't heard her for a few days, The guy said he was going to take her tomorrow to be put tp sleep, because she wasn't any better, he should have done it then when he knew she wasn't better the friggen idoit. I kinda think if she were being treated for that at the vet she would have been there 2 or 3 days, I think then if she weren't any better they would say she needed to be PTS. I will call animal control because I doubt that they will be doing anything about her laying there dead, and I have to have concern for my zoie. I just feel like I wish I would have let her run off the few times she got out but being a animal lover hubby & I put her back in the yard. They are a bunch of jackasses well worse then I can put on here, We alway's petted her and I gave her milk bones poor girlie.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure, but I don't think there is a decent vet alive that would have allowed this animal to go home.
Parvo treatment includes sterile quarantine.

I had the same issue here.
One of the couples in the complex bought a pit bull puppy, adorable thing.
They never bothered to vaccinate her and she got Parvo and died.
No one, and I mean no one in the complex was notified and there are a lot of dog owners here and all of us walk our animals on the property, just as they did with that poor puppy.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted a little tribute for Sheba in the Crossing the bridge, I couldn't sleep and I felt so sad for her..

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that this has happened. And its so horrible..poor girl. But shes Across the Bridge now, and resting well.

They did not take that dog to the Vet, NO vet would have let an Animal being treated for Parvo leave.Like another poster said, it includes a sterile quarenteen.

Hopefully Animal control can do something. and letting her lay there like this is not right on so many levels