- 1,210 Posts. Joined 6/2005
- Location: Urbana, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCat Safetytagged by Anne, 5/22/15
Related Forum Threads
- Help Recover Kitten from paracetamol poisoning Last post on 2/5/16 at 6:00pm in Cat Health
- Removing acrylic paint from a cat Last post on 10/16/15 at 4:01pm in Cat Health
- Cats groomed each other and licked frontline plus off Last post on 10/15/15 at 6:48pm in Cat Care & Grooming
- Guilty things you give your cat you know you shouldn't Last post on 11/10/15 at 12:15pm in Cat Nutrition
- Cat stuck down an air duct ... help! Last post on 11/6/15 at 7:43am in Cat Care & Grooming
How to safely pamper your cat with turkey treats
Last edited: 11/12/15
- How To Safely Dress-Up Your Cat For HalloweenLast edited: 10/13/15
- Which Foods Are Safe Cat Treats?Last edited: 12/29/14
- 11 Must-Know Tips to Keep Cats Safe During the HolidaysLast edited: 12/10/14
- Common Foods That Are Harmful To CatsLast edited: 9/4/13
I was looking for new cat litter when I moved last year because I noticed while I was moving that I had FINE DUST EVERYWHERE in that apartment. When I passed a finger and sniffed it, it was the...
I used to love this litter when I first started using it. There was literally no dust, it clumped well, and did not track. In recent months something has changed. It creates clouds of dust and...
When we first got our kitten, he was so skinny, and wouldn't touch any of the food we had for him, so we had to buy him new food, we tried Whiskas, which he inhaled, but it wasn't good quality, so...
All 3 of my cats like this, price good on Chewy.com
My cats eat good Kharma shreds but I had to add a pate of another brand as the prefer pate. Now I dont.
Pineapple leavespost #1 of 1110/18/06 at 1:28pmThread StarterSo I bought a pineapple at Wal-Mart. Yum! The kitties keep nibbling on the leaves of it. I put the pineapple on top of the fridge, but is there any harm in nibbling the leaves?post #2 of 1110/18/06 at 1:37pmI looked it up on the net, and the Pineapple shrub is definitely toxic to cats, and the pineapple itself is poisonous when unripe.
Just to be on the safe side, please keep it in the fridge away from your furkids.post #3 of 1110/19/06 at 7:42amI'm not sure how you feel about it, but I don't put fruit in the refrigerator - it's in a basket in the kitchen 24/7. If I were you, I would consider putting the pineapple on top of the stack of plates in the cupboard or something like that to just keep it away from the kitties (or the kitties away from the pineapple).post #4 of 1110/19/06 at 11:05amThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/19/06 at 5:54pmpost #6 of 1110/19/06 at 9:19pmpost #7 of 1110/19/06 at 11:54pmpost #8 of 1110/19/06 at 11:55pmQuote:hmm thats really interesting! Is there a specific website that you can look up stuff like that? Or do you just do individual searches. I hope there's a database somewhere!!
I found a good list on the ASPCA web site, of course I wasnt smart enough to save the linkpost #9 of 1110/20/06 at 10:51amWith some toxic plants, there is a bad taste or warning appearance. With others, I suspect the way the animal knows the plant is bad for it is when it throws the food up. When owners take the plant away before the cats eat enough to get sick on it, they don't learn the lesson.
Or it could be that pineapples are not indigenous to cats' native environment. The evolutionary adaptation only covers flora and fauna in the same habitat.post #10 of 115/16/15 at 2:29am
My kitten kept chewing on the top of the pineapple leaves while I was cutting up the pineapple. I thought it was cute at the time but, now my kitty is acting very sick, won't eat and is lethargic. Did the pineapple top poison my kitten? And if so, what can I do to help her now?
- Pineapple leaves
- How To Safely Dress-Up Your Cat For Halloween
- › I need a name for my new kitten. He has 3 legs 8 seconds ago
- › Meow Trivia - 2016 - Click to help shelter cats 5 minutes ago
- › I need to buy a new Slow Cooker - any suggestions? 6 minutes ago
- › GIVEAWAY: 2 Signed Copies Of Creative Cues From the Cat! 8 minutes ago
- › Is it silly? 10 minutes ago
- › 2 new flavors of 4Health grain free canned food! 15 minutes ago
- › Today is J-Day! 22 minutes ago
- › Transitioning from kitten to adult diet 26 minutes ago
- › 6 Things I Learned from Our Ringworm Plague (book length....) 27 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner? - 2016 30 minutes ago
- › Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter by GrooveRite
- › Odour Buster Cat Litter by shellseeker
- › Blue Buffalo Wilderness Grain Free Canned Cat Food by Mainecoonmama12
- › Red Barn Naturals Wet Cat Food by bonepicker
- › Soulistic Adult Canned Cat Food in Gelee - Various Flavors by bonepicker
- › Verti Scratch by Art Motion and Sound by betsygee
- › Newman's Own Organics Canned Cat Food by Ninakins
- › Sunlite 51003-SU AAA Tactical Flash Light with Red Laser, Water... by Margd
- › Chewy.com by Donutte
- › Fresh Step Scoopable Cat Litter, Dual Action Crystals by Plan
- › Love Until It Hurts - Inspurrational Quote
- › The Beautiful Mogli - Cat Picture Of The Week...
- › My New Fella Has Two Names
- › Love Isn't Something You Find......
- › 7 Romantic Gifts That'll Make Any Cat...
- › Sleepy kitty, Happy kitty, Purr Purr Purr -...
- › Domino
- › Hecate
- › Bandit ( band -a-poo )
- › Shadow (Shad Shad )