- 1,210 Posts. Joined 6/2005
- Location: Urbana, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCat Safetytagged by Anne, 5/22/15
Related Forum Threads
- Yearly reminder - Easter Lilies are toxic to cats Last post on 4/16/16 at 12:06am in Cat Health
- my cat ate a hair tie!!! Last post on 3/11/16 at 4:59pm in Cat Health
- Help Recover Kitten from paracetamol poisoning Last post on 4/30/16 at 1:41pm in Cat Health
- Removing acrylic paint from a cat Last post on 10/16/15 at 4:01pm in Cat Health
- Cats groomed each other and licked frontline plus off Last post on 10/15/15 at 6:48pm in Cat Care & Grooming
How to safely pamper your cat with turkey treats
Last edited: 11/12/15
- How To Safely Dress-Up Your Cat For HalloweenLast edited: 10/13/15
- Which Foods Are Safe Cat Treats?Last edited: 12/29/14
- 11 Must-Know Tips to Keep Cats Safe During the HolidaysLast edited: 12/10/14
- What to Do If You Think Your Cat Ingested PoisonLast edited: 9/4/13
My current cat and past kittens all loved it. It entertained them for hours and hours. It's a bit loud compared to the other jingly balls cat toys that I have, but that is perfectly fine :) I've...
I bought this honestly because it is cheap. It's not a total waste of money because it still does it's job of picking up some fur but it's not like those big balls of fur I see people pick up with...
The prices at Petco.com are almost always better than those at my local store, and my local stores don't match the online prices. Shipping is sometimes extremely fast, but at other times can...
Many scratching posts are simply too small for a full-grown adult cat. This one is about 32 inches high, which allows for our two kitties to get a good back stretch. The scratching post is...
I am always impressed by the speed of Chewy.com's shipping! There have been times when I placed an order in the afternoon and received the items the next day. Their prices are also very...
Pineapple leavespost #1 of 1110/18/06 at 1:28pmThread StarterSo I bought a pineapple at Wal-Mart. Yum! The kitties keep nibbling on the leaves of it. I put the pineapple on top of the fridge, but is there any harm in nibbling the leaves?post #2 of 1110/18/06 at 1:37pmI looked it up on the net, and the Pineapple shrub is definitely toxic to cats, and the pineapple itself is poisonous when unripe.
Just to be on the safe side, please keep it in the fridge away from your furkids.post #3 of 1110/19/06 at 7:42amI'm not sure how you feel about it, but I don't put fruit in the refrigerator - it's in a basket in the kitchen 24/7. If I were you, I would consider putting the pineapple on top of the stack of plates in the cupboard or something like that to just keep it away from the kitties (or the kitties away from the pineapple).post #4 of 1110/19/06 at 11:05amThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/19/06 at 5:54pmpost #6 of 1110/19/06 at 9:19pmpost #7 of 1110/19/06 at 11:54pmpost #8 of 1110/19/06 at 11:55pmQuote:hmm thats really interesting! Is there a specific website that you can look up stuff like that? Or do you just do individual searches. I hope there's a database somewhere!!
I found a good list on the ASPCA web site, of course I wasnt smart enough to save the linkpost #9 of 1110/20/06 at 10:51amWith some toxic plants, there is a bad taste or warning appearance. With others, I suspect the way the animal knows the plant is bad for it is when it throws the food up. When owners take the plant away before the cats eat enough to get sick on it, they don't learn the lesson.
Or it could be that pineapples are not indigenous to cats' native environment. The evolutionary adaptation only covers flora and fauna in the same habitat.post #10 of 115/16/15 at 2:29am
My kitten kept chewing on the top of the pineapple leaves while I was cutting up the pineapple. I thought it was cute at the time but, now my kitty is acting very sick, won't eat and is lethargic. Did the pineapple top poison my kitten? And if so, what can I do to help her now?
- Pineapple leaves
- How To Safely Dress-Up Your Cat For Halloween
- › Mom and 2 day old kittens Do's and Dont's on what to do next. 37 seconds ago
- › What's the last thing you ate - 2016 6 minutes ago
- › Reintroducing Littermates 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Duchesse and Bandit 6 minutes ago
- › Help! Cat won't pee in the box! 7 minutes ago
- › Question of the Day, Friday, May 6 8 minutes ago
- › Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too! 8 minutes ago
- › Double letter game 9 minutes ago
- › Is my baby a tuxedo cat? 10 minutes ago
- › Some Worries About New Cat 12 minutes ago
- › Ethical Slotted Balls Cat Toy by Novathekittycat
- › KONG Cat ZoomGroom by Alina Chen
- › Petco.com by dorimon
- › SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post by dorimon
- › Chewy.com by dorimon
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by dorimon
- › Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Litter Pan by dorimon
- › Litter-Lifter Kitty Litter Scoop for Cats Assorted Color by dorimon
- › Sherpa Original Deluxe Pet Carrier by dorimon
- › Comfort Zone with Feliway Spray for Cats by Rhondalee
- › Can You Guess Why This Litterbox Was So Cheap?
- › HELP PREGNANT CAT
- › Happy Star Wars Day With Another...
- › Cassie, Mortimer & Gertrude- siamese-mix...
- › Amazing photos! The 31 most helpful cats...
- › From Norway With Love - Picture Of The Week...
- › How to Save Your Cat From These 16...
- › An Inspurrational Quote About The Beauty Of Cats
- › Kitty
- › Should I Get A Kitten As A Gift For My Kids?