- 1,210 Posts. Joined 6/2005
- Location: Urbana, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCat Safetytagged by Anne, 5/22/15
Related Forum Threads
- Not poisonous garden plant (vine plant / espalier) Last post on 5/22/15 at 1:24pm in Cat Health
- Cat swallowed long ribbon - need advice Last post on 5/4/15 at 6:54am in Cat Health
- So just wondering... Last post on 4/11/15 at 5:17am in Cat Nutrition
- Exploratory Surgery After a String issue Last post on 3/21/15 at 10:08am in Cat Health
- That old string thing... Last post on 2/21/15 at 5:34am in Cat Health
Which Foods Are Safe Cat Treats?
Last edited: 12/29/14
- 11 Must-Know Tips to Keep Cats Safe During the HolidaysLast edited: 12/10/14
- Common Foods That Are Harmful To CatsLast edited: 9/4/13
- Cats and Christmas TreesLast edited: 12/14/12
- How To Prepare for Saving Your Cat's Life During A DisasterLast edited: 7/13/15
My cat does very well on all of the Fancy Feast classic flavors. I serve her a different flavor everyday, so that she is getting different nutrients everyday. She loves all of the flavors....
I always purchase discount gift cards for my online purchases from sites like Card Cash where I make sure those cards are accepted online. If you have any questions in regards to your reward...
I wish I'd stumbled on this site before I bought 2 kittens from Karen in May 2015. I purchased 2 girls from Karen and encountered pretty much the same problems as the other reviewers. I did have a...
I love this letterbox! I have a 13 lb cat that is a vigorous digger; and it works very well for us! I really like the bins at the end for storage of baggies and litter scoop, and dustpan and hand...
I emailed Cindy and we exchanged information a few times. She seemed to want to know about our family to ensure a good placement and there were no red flags initially. However after I sent a...
Pineapple leavespost #1 of 1110/18/06 at 1:28pmThread StarterSo I bought a pineapple at Wal-Mart. Yum! The kitties keep nibbling on the leaves of it. I put the pineapple on top of the fridge, but is there any harm in nibbling the leaves?post #2 of 1110/18/06 at 1:37pmI looked it up on the net, and the Pineapple shrub is definitely toxic to cats, and the pineapple itself is poisonous when unripe.
Just to be on the safe side, please keep it in the fridge away from your furkids.post #3 of 1110/19/06 at 7:42amI'm not sure how you feel about it, but I don't put fruit in the refrigerator - it's in a basket in the kitchen 24/7. If I were you, I would consider putting the pineapple on top of the stack of plates in the cupboard or something like that to just keep it away from the kitties (or the kitties away from the pineapple).post #4 of 1110/19/06 at 11:05amThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/19/06 at 5:54pmpost #6 of 1110/19/06 at 9:19pmpost #7 of 1110/19/06 at 11:54pmpost #8 of 1110/19/06 at 11:55pmQuote:hmm thats really interesting! Is there a specific website that you can look up stuff like that? Or do you just do individual searches. I hope there's a database somewhere!!
I found a good list on the ASPCA web site, of course I wasnt smart enough to save the linkpost #9 of 1110/20/06 at 10:51amWith some toxic plants, there is a bad taste or warning appearance. With others, I suspect the way the animal knows the plant is bad for it is when it throws the food up. When owners take the plant away before the cats eat enough to get sick on it, they don't learn the lesson.
Or it could be that pineapples are not indigenous to cats' native environment. The evolutionary adaptation only covers flora and fauna in the same habitat.post #10 of 115/16/15 at 2:29am
My kitten kept chewing on the top of the pineapple leaves while I was cutting up the pineapple. I thought it was cute at the time but, now my kitty is acting very sick, won't eat and is lethargic. Did the pineapple top poison my kitten? And if so, what can I do to help her now?
- Pineapple leaves
- 11 Must-Know Tips to Keep Cats Safe During the Holidays
- › Both of my kittys were sick , poor babies .. 1 minute ago
- › Approximate delivery day for this mama kitty? 10 minutes ago
- › Question of The Day. Saturday the 29th of August 23 minutes ago
- › Cat licking wound, can't heal 23 minutes ago
- › Question of the Day, Friday, August 28 25 minutes ago
- › Diabetes revisited..... 29 minutes ago
- › Pokki - Stay away from it 41 minutes ago
- › Mystery solved!!!!! 48 minutes ago
- › Microsoft Latest Newest Thing 52 minutes ago
- › How Accurate are X-Rays for Determining Cat Pregnancy? 56 minutes ago
- › Fancy Feast Classic Gourmet Cat Food by raysmyheart
- › Petco.com by AbbynHenry
- › Pleasant Pond Bengals - Ridge, NY by ttck815
- › Petmate Giant Litter Pan by Walkingrock
- › Two Comrades - Culpeper, Virginia & Southern California by jmb16
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by sabycat
- › Newman's Own Organics Canned Cat Food by betsygee
- › Cat's Best Öko Plus by Morganalefae
- › Smilla Kitten Wet Food by Morganalefae
- › ZooPlus.com by Morganalefae