- 1,210 Posts. Joined 6/2005
- Location: Urbana, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCat Safetytagged by Anne, 5/22/15
Related Forum Threads
- Not poisonous garden plant (vine plant / espalier) Last post on 5/22/15 at 1:24pm in Cat Health
- Cat swallowed long ribbon - need advice Last post on 5/4/15 at 6:54am in Cat Health
- So just wondering... Last post on 4/11/15 at 5:17am in Cat Nutrition
- Exploratory Surgery After a String issue Last post on 3/21/15 at 10:08am in Cat Health
- That old string thing... Last post on 2/21/15 at 5:34am in Cat Health
Which Foods Are Safe Cat Treats?
Last edited: 12/29/14
- 11 Must-Know Tips to Keep Cats Safe During the HolidaysLast edited: 12/10/14
- Common Foods That Are Harmful To CatsLast edited: 9/4/13
- Cats and Christmas TreesLast edited: 12/14/12
- How To Prepare for Saving Your Cat's Life During A DisasterLast edited: 7/13/15
I think that this toy is great for cats that hunt. My cats watch and chase birds. Feathers and sound are very nice. Wish that there was a power button, though.
I just switched to Dr Elseys litter in the blue bag. I let it sit for 2 days to get an "honest" review of odor control, and was very happy. I also use Fresh and Light. Compared to FnL, Dr Elseys...
Soulistic really is the whole package. You get a food that you can feel good about feeding you cat, and the company provides the very best customer service I've ever experienced in my life. I...
My cat was getting chubby on his old dry, Purina One hairball. Not only that, but he was getting listless. After reviewing the ingredients in the ONE, I decided to shop around for an affordable dry...
Before finding these covers, I used the cheap, quick to crack, hard plastic grocery store ones for large cans. And for smaller cans I had to use foil or plastic wrap. Then I found these...
Pineapple leavespost #1 of 1110/18/06 at 1:28pmThread StarterSo I bought a pineapple at Wal-Mart. Yum! The kitties keep nibbling on the leaves of it. I put the pineapple on top of the fridge, but is there any harm in nibbling the leaves?post #2 of 1110/18/06 at 1:37pmI looked it up on the net, and the Pineapple shrub is definitely toxic to cats, and the pineapple itself is poisonous when unripe.
Just to be on the safe side, please keep it in the fridge away from your furkids.post #3 of 1110/19/06 at 7:42amI'm not sure how you feel about it, but I don't put fruit in the refrigerator - it's in a basket in the kitchen 24/7. If I were you, I would consider putting the pineapple on top of the stack of plates in the cupboard or something like that to just keep it away from the kitties (or the kitties away from the pineapple).post #4 of 1110/19/06 at 11:05amThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/19/06 at 5:54pmpost #6 of 1110/19/06 at 9:19pmpost #7 of 1110/19/06 at 11:54pmpost #8 of 1110/19/06 at 11:55pmQuote:hmm thats really interesting! Is there a specific website that you can look up stuff like that? Or do you just do individual searches. I hope there's a database somewhere!!
I found a good list on the ASPCA web site, of course I wasnt smart enough to save the linkpost #9 of 1110/20/06 at 10:51amWith some toxic plants, there is a bad taste or warning appearance. With others, I suspect the way the animal knows the plant is bad for it is when it throws the food up. When owners take the plant away before the cats eat enough to get sick on it, they don't learn the lesson.
Or it could be that pineapples are not indigenous to cats' native environment. The evolutionary adaptation only covers flora and fauna in the same habitat.post #10 of 115/16/15 at 2:29am
My kitten kept chewing on the top of the pineapple leaves while I was cutting up the pineapple. I thought it was cute at the time but, now my kitty is acting very sick, won't eat and is lethargic. Did the pineapple top poison my kitten? And if so, what can I do to help her now?
- Pineapple leaves
- 11 Must-Know Tips to Keep Cats Safe During the Holidays
- › Just a few questions :) 21 seconds ago
- › Donald Trump For President! 1 minute ago
- › Dry and canned food grain and potato free that will help my cat... 3 minutes ago
- › Tank rescaping pics 3 minutes ago
- › Kitten + Older Cat = ... 3 minutes ago
- › Lynx point cat? 5 minutes ago
- › My Experience With Blockages and PU Surgery 10 minutes ago
- › Pregnant cat.. help! 10 minutes ago
- › Food help please 10 minutes ago
- › After hematoma,,,,, 13 minutes ago
- › Play-N-Squeak Backyard Cat Toy by catluvr321
- › Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter by misterwhiskers
- › Soulistic Adult Canned Cat Food in Gravy - Various Flavors by lflmm
- › Goodlife Dry Food for Cats by misterwhiskers
- › Whisker City Pet Food Can Cover by rubysmama
- › Purina Maxx Scoop Multi-Cat by rubysmama
- › Fancy Feast Broths - Various Flavors by CONVERT94
- › Pleasant Pond Bengals - Ridge, NY by deis1
- › SmartCat All Natural Clumping Litter, 5-Pound by Raksha
- › Mokave Cats - Jacksonville, FL by Captain1