- 1,210 Posts. Joined 6/2005
- Location: Urbana, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCat Safetytagged by Anne, 5/22/15
Related Forum Threads
- Safe human food for treats Last post on 4/25/16 at 3:10pm in Cat Nutrition
- Yearly reminder - Easter Lilies are toxic to cats Last post on 4/16/16 at 12:06am in Cat Health
- my cat ate a hair tie!!! Last post on 3/11/16 at 4:59pm in Cat Health
- Help Recover Kitten from paracetamol poisoning Last post on 7/28/16 at 11:15am in Cat Health
- Removing acrylic paint from a cat Last post on 10/16/15 at 4:01pm in Cat Health
Alternative Treatments for Cats: How to Minimize the Risk
Last edited: 1/18/17
- The Cat Safety QuizLast edited: 8/24/16
- Cats & Lilies: Avoid The Danger Lurking In Your HomeLast edited: 6/7/16
- How To Move With Your Cat To A New Home In A Safe WayLast edited: 5/17/16
- How to safely pamper your cat with turkey treatsLast edited: 11/13/16
I have 3 indoor cats and Scoop Away works well for multi cat households. It forms solid, tight clumps for scooping. It almost clumps "too good" at times. When I scoop the bottom of the litter box...
I also fed my cats Science Diet dry food but only occasionally. I don't think it is wise to give too much dry food as there can be possibility of negative health issues. I presently feed...
My cats love this brush and so do I. The long teeth at the front reach down and pull up the undercoat and the shorter ones catch the dead hair. Works really well on short haired cats with a thick...
I got these for DD as part of her birthday gift. She loves them. They are adorable and very soft. They do run small though. She wears a 7.5 US shoe size and they fit her nicely. I don't think...
I used to have one of these things and thought it would be great for travel I got one of those air travel kits with metal bolts and ties but the airport would not accept it because of the top door....
Pineapple leavespost #1 of 1110/18/06 at 1:28pmThread StarterSo I bought a pineapple at Wal-Mart. Yum! The kitties keep nibbling on the leaves of it. I put the pineapple on top of the fridge, but is there any harm in nibbling the leaves?post #2 of 1110/18/06 at 1:37pmI looked it up on the net, and the Pineapple shrub is definitely toxic to cats, and the pineapple itself is poisonous when unripe.
Just to be on the safe side, please keep it in the fridge away from your furkids.post #3 of 1110/19/06 at 7:42amI'm not sure how you feel about it, but I don't put fruit in the refrigerator - it's in a basket in the kitchen 24/7. If I were you, I would consider putting the pineapple on top of the stack of plates in the cupboard or something like that to just keep it away from the kitties (or the kitties away from the pineapple).post #4 of 1110/19/06 at 11:05amThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/19/06 at 5:54pmpost #6 of 1110/19/06 at 9:19pmpost #7 of 1110/19/06 at 11:54pmpost #8 of 1110/19/06 at 11:55pmQuote:hmm thats really interesting! Is there a specific website that you can look up stuff like that? Or do you just do individual searches. I hope there's a database somewhere!!
I found a good list on the ASPCA web site, of course I wasnt smart enough to save the linkpost #9 of 1110/20/06 at 10:51amWith some toxic plants, there is a bad taste or warning appearance. With others, I suspect the way the animal knows the plant is bad for it is when it throws the food up. When owners take the plant away before the cats eat enough to get sick on it, they don't learn the lesson.
Or it could be that pineapples are not indigenous to cats' native environment. The evolutionary adaptation only covers flora and fauna in the same habitat.post #10 of 115/16/15 at 2:29am
My kitten kept chewing on the top of the pineapple leaves while I was cutting up the pineapple. I thought it was cute at the time but, now my kitty is acting very sick, won't eat and is lethargic. Did the pineapple top poison my kitten? And if so, what can I do to help her now?
- Pineapple leaves
- The Cat Safety Quiz
- › What to look for in canned food? 1 minute ago
- › Question of the Day, Sunday, March 26, 2017 2 minutes ago
- › HELP, CAT JUST GAVE BIRTH AND HAS SOMETHING HANGING OUT OF BUTT 2 minutes ago
- › Has anyone tried SmartCat All Natural Cat Litter? 2 minutes ago
- › Which smiley describes how you are feeling today? - 2017 2 minutes ago
- › 7 hours since last kitten! Should I worry? 5 minutes ago
- › Links Broken Leg.... still 6 minutes ago
- › Name Five - Game 6 minutes ago
- › My cat poops everywhere except her litter box 10 minutes ago
- › Dressing Whole Rabbit on Your Own 12 minutes ago
- › Scoop Away Multi-Cat by Lisa Brady
- › Fancy Feast Classic Gourmet Cat Food by Bobbie Sue
- › Hagen Le Salon Signature Curved Slicker Brush for Cats by IndyJones
- › Womens Striped Animals Cat Footprints Floor Socks by Kat0121
- › Petmate Two Door Top Load Pet Kennel by IndyJones
- › KONG Cat ZoomGroom by Fantisticat
- › Cat Mate Pet Fountain by Fantisticat
- › Neko Flies - Kragonfly with Rod - Interchangeable Toy by Margd
- › Frolicat Pounce Rotating Cat Teaser Toy by Louche
- › Cat Craft 3-Tier Cat Climbing Tree by Louche
- › Coconut - Picture of the week #1612
- › Liver Failure in cats????
- › The Bonster A.K.A. Bonnie Wonnie Doo Da
- › Baby Marley (AKA Batman)
- › Help me with my cat please!
- › Turkish Angora Cats
- › Majestic Phillip - Picture Of The Week #1611
- › Buddy ~ 6/2012 - 2/28/2017 "In between...
- › What would be your cat's fantasy vacation?
- › Picture of The Month #1610 - Playful Roman