- 1,210 Posts. Joined 6/2005
- Location: Urbana, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCat Safetytagged by Anne, 5/22/15
Related Forum Threads
- Removing acrylic paint from a cat Last post on 10/16/15 at 4:01pm in Cat Health
- Cats groomed each other and licked frontline plus off Last post on 10/15/15 at 6:48pm in Care & Grooming
- Guilty things you give your cat you know you shouldn't Last post on 11/10/15 at 12:15pm in Cat Nutrition
- Cat stuck down an air duct ... help! Last post on 11/6/15 at 7:43am in Care & Grooming
- Antibacterial soap. Kitten jumped in toilet Last post on 10/13/15 at 12:46am in Care & Grooming
How to safely pamper your cat with turkey treats
Last edited: 11/12/15
- How To Safely Dress-Up Your Cat For HalloweenLast edited: 10/13/15
- Which Foods Are Safe Cat Treats?Last edited: 12/29/14
- 11 Must-Know Tips to Keep Cats Safe During the HolidaysLast edited: 12/10/14
- Common Foods That Are Harmful To CatsLast edited: 9/4/13
I bought a bunch of these for a game at my daughters birthday party. We enlarged a photo of the cat, pasted it to card board, cut a hole in the mouth and it made a perfect "throw the mouse in the...
Most of my cats enjoy Blue Buffalo Indoor Dry Food. I also feed a little to the feral cats outside (why should they only eat flavored cornmeal?) It does have way more protein (32%) than lots of...
"Cats eat them" probably doesn't sound like much. But when you have a kitty with end-stage renal failure, and you're at the "feed him anything he'll eat" point, this stuff saved the day. I let him...
I bought this book last year, and it is absolutely fantastic. I loved it so much I read Gwen Cooper's "Love Saves the Day" also. Great detail about the life of a blind cat that someone felt...
Pineapple leavespost #1 of 1110/18/06 at 1:28pmThread StarterSo I bought a pineapple at Wal-Mart. Yum! The kitties keep nibbling on the leaves of it. I put the pineapple on top of the fridge, but is there any harm in nibbling the leaves?post #2 of 1110/18/06 at 1:37pmI looked it up on the net, and the Pineapple shrub is definitely toxic to cats, and the pineapple itself is poisonous when unripe.
Just to be on the safe side, please keep it in the fridge away from your furkids.post #3 of 1110/19/06 at 7:42amI'm not sure how you feel about it, but I don't put fruit in the refrigerator - it's in a basket in the kitchen 24/7. If I were you, I would consider putting the pineapple on top of the stack of plates in the cupboard or something like that to just keep it away from the kitties (or the kitties away from the pineapple).post #4 of 1110/19/06 at 11:05amThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/19/06 at 5:54pmpost #6 of 1110/19/06 at 9:19pmpost #7 of 1110/19/06 at 11:54pmpost #8 of 1110/19/06 at 11:55pmQuote:hmm thats really interesting! Is there a specific website that you can look up stuff like that? Or do you just do individual searches. I hope there's a database somewhere!!
I found a good list on the ASPCA web site, of course I wasnt smart enough to save the linkpost #9 of 1110/20/06 at 10:51amWith some toxic plants, there is a bad taste or warning appearance. With others, I suspect the way the animal knows the plant is bad for it is when it throws the food up. When owners take the plant away before the cats eat enough to get sick on it, they don't learn the lesson.
Or it could be that pineapples are not indigenous to cats' native environment. The evolutionary adaptation only covers flora and fauna in the same habitat.post #10 of 115/16/15 at 2:29am
My kitten kept chewing on the top of the pineapple leaves while I was cutting up the pineapple. I thought it was cute at the time but, now my kitty is acting very sick, won't eat and is lethargic. Did the pineapple top poison my kitten? And if so, what can I do to help her now?
- Pineapple leaves
- How To Safely Dress-Up Your Cat For Halloween
- › Question of The Day. Saturday the 28th of November. 4 minutes ago
- › Angry cat taking it out by peeing on my stuff 30 minutes ago
- › her name is precious minnie jade but we just call her kitty. but... 44 minutes ago
- › My kitten isn't acting normal 54 minutes ago
- › They Love Their Wheat Grass To Death 58 minutes ago
- › Sleeping Kitties! 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › 🐾STEPPING STONES🐾 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Cat alphabet game 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Rescue Kitten seems to feel the need to eat all food in sight 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Game - Name the Next Tune 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Kitty Mansions Boston Cat Tree by jennngrovie
- › SmartyKat Skitter Critters Cat Toy Catnip Mice by Amyscat
- › Blue Buffalo Indoor Cat Dry Food by rmnative
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by Donutte
- › Homer's Odyssey by Donutte
- › Sentry Good Behavior Pheromone Collar for Cats by SheriT
- › Natures Menu - Complete & Balanced Raw Bite-Size Nuggets... by Columbine
- › Applaws Chicken Breast and Pumpkin by Columbine
- › Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Feline Urinary SO Dry Cat Food by Columbine
- › Catz Finefood by Columbine
- › How To Get Your Cat To Start Eating Again
- › Lucky, aka My Little Worm
- › Feast Your Eyes On Cat Picture Of The Week #1546
- › Cuteness Alert! Picture Of The Week #1545
- › Quiz: Which Cat-Themed Gift Best Fits Your...
- › How to safely pamper your cat with turkey treats
- › Why Has My Cat Stopped Eating And Is It...
- › Fluffy Shades of Grey - Picture Of The Week...
- › BabyBoy 5-21-06
- › Casey (the black cat)