- 1,210 Posts. Joined 6/2005
- Location: Urbana, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCat Safetytagged by Anne, 5/22/15
Related Forum Threads
- Safe human food for treats Last post on 4/25/16 at 3:10pm in Cat Nutrition
- Yearly reminder - Easter Lilies are toxic to cats Last post on 4/16/16 at 12:06am in Cat Health
- my cat ate a hair tie!!! Last post on 3/11/16 at 4:59pm in Cat Health
- Help Recover Kitten from paracetamol poisoning Last post on 7/28/16 at 11:15am in Cat Health
- Removing acrylic paint from a cat Last post on 10/16/15 at 4:01pm in Cat Health
Alternative Treatments for Cats: How to Minimize the Risk
Last edited: 1/18/17
- The Cat Safety QuizLast edited: 8/24/16
- Cats & Lilies: Avoid The Danger Lurking In Your HomeLast edited: 6/7/16
- How To Move With Your Cat To A New Home In A Safe WayLast edited: 5/17/16
- How to safely pamper your cat with turkey treatsLast edited: 11/13/16
This was my third litter-box attempt in 5 months.. cost $95.00 was very hopeful, again HUGE.. ok.. can work with that but it is smelly.. the clumps r stored and makes the whole think stink as they...
When i rolled it the clips(useless and hard to slide) that hold the whole thing together.. there was always an opening and litter would come out all over the place. and did i mention its HUGE!! in...
We love this litterbox! Works percectly, no smell, and no scooping! Our 2 month old new kitten took to it right away. She now weighs a little over 3 lbs. and it now recognizes when shes been in it...
Oh my gosh, I've been looking to replace Robins favorite toy, which was inadvertently thrown out two years ago. Nobody likes to be woken up at night, but everyone loves the sound of crickets, so it...
My favorite litter
Pineapple leavespost #1 of 1110/18/06 at 1:28pmThread StarterSo I bought a pineapple at Wal-Mart. Yum! The kitties keep nibbling on the leaves of it. I put the pineapple on top of the fridge, but is there any harm in nibbling the leaves?post #2 of 1110/18/06 at 1:37pmI looked it up on the net, and the Pineapple shrub is definitely toxic to cats, and the pineapple itself is poisonous when unripe.
Just to be on the safe side, please keep it in the fridge away from your furkids.post #3 of 1110/19/06 at 7:42amI'm not sure how you feel about it, but I don't put fruit in the refrigerator - it's in a basket in the kitchen 24/7. If I were you, I would consider putting the pineapple on top of the stack of plates in the cupboard or something like that to just keep it away from the kitties (or the kitties away from the pineapple).post #4 of 1110/19/06 at 11:05amThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/19/06 at 5:54pmpost #6 of 1110/19/06 at 9:19pmpost #7 of 1110/19/06 at 11:54pmpost #8 of 1110/19/06 at 11:55pmQuote:hmm thats really interesting! Is there a specific website that you can look up stuff like that? Or do you just do individual searches. I hope there's a database somewhere!!
I found a good list on the ASPCA web site, of course I wasnt smart enough to save the linkpost #9 of 1110/20/06 at 10:51amWith some toxic plants, there is a bad taste or warning appearance. With others, I suspect the way the animal knows the plant is bad for it is when it throws the food up. When owners take the plant away before the cats eat enough to get sick on it, they don't learn the lesson.
Or it could be that pineapples are not indigenous to cats' native environment. The evolutionary adaptation only covers flora and fauna in the same habitat.post #10 of 115/16/15 at 2:29am
My kitten kept chewing on the top of the pineapple leaves while I was cutting up the pineapple. I thought it was cute at the time but, now my kitty is acting very sick, won't eat and is lethargic. Did the pineapple top poison my kitten? And if so, what can I do to help her now?
- Pineapple leaves
- The Cat Safety Quiz
- › I literally have no one to ask for help right now 30 seconds ago
- › So....it's that time again. 2 minutes ago
- › Sudden onset ataxia. My poor kibbie Goat. 2 minutes ago
- › Game - Name Something Near You 5 minutes ago
- › Game - I've done this; have you? 6 minutes ago
- › My mom has cancer... 7 minutes ago
- › WORD GAME - Last Letters - 8 minutes ago
- › What kind of cat is my Noah??? 9 minutes ago
- › Tera + 2 - 4 9 minutes ago
- › New Cat Will Only Scratch on Door/Cabinets - What Should I Get Her? 9 minutes ago
- › Littermaid LM980 Mega Self-Cleaning Litter Box by Lily Paddy
- › Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box by Lily Paddy
- › Litter-Robot III Open-Air - Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box by artsycatmama
- › SmartyKat Crick It! Cat Toy Electronic Sound Catnip Toy by SmartyKat by misterwhiskers
- › Scoop Away Multi-Cat by Kitty kisser
- › Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul Dry Cat Food for Adult Cat by Kitty kisser
- › URPOWER Pet Nail Grinder Electric Premium Pet Nail File Gentle Paws... by Margd
- › Simple Solution Cat Stain & Odor Remover by Cassiopea
- › Tidy Cats Instant Action Cat Litter, Scoop, for Multiple Cats by Bob 1978
- › Blue Buffalo Naturally Fresh Multi-Cat Clumping Cat Litter by tiptopper
- › Alternative Treatments for Cats: How to...
- › Abby the Sleeping Tigress - Picture Of the...
- › 9 Valentine's Day Gifts That Will Make...
- › Jay Alan Gatsby
- › Quiz: How much do you know about cat health?
- › Kindness towards Feral Mama - Picture Of the...
- › Cats and babies: All your questions answered!
- › A New Commitment for 2017 - Picture Of the...
- › TCS Cats in A Special End of Year Video!
- › River I. Qureshi