- 1,210 Posts. Joined 6/2005
- Location: Urbana, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCat Safetytagged by Anne, 5/22/15
Related Forum Threads
- Safe human food for treats Last post on 4/25/16 at 3:10pm in Cat Nutrition
- Yearly reminder - Easter Lilies are toxic to cats Last post on 4/16/16 at 12:06am in Cat Health
- my cat ate a hair tie!!! Last post on 3/11/16 at 4:59pm in Cat Health
- Help Recover Kitten from paracetamol poisoning Last post on 7/28/16 at 11:15am in Cat Health
- Removing acrylic paint from a cat Last post on 10/16/15 at 4:01pm in Cat Health
The Cat Safety Quiz
Last edited: 8/24/16
- Cats & Lilies: Avoid The Danger Lurking In Your HomeLast edited: 6/7/16
- How To Move With Your Cat To A New Home In A Safe WayLast edited: 5/17/16
- How to safely pamper your cat with turkey treatsLast edited: 11/13/16
- How To Safely Dress-Up Your Cat For HalloweenLast edited: 10/16/16
This stuff is my cats absolute favorite food. They both scarf it down in no time. Atticus, my male gray tabby, even makes these "yum, yum, yum" sounds while he's eating it. I had to put two golf...
Generally a good brush and my cat loves it. i guess she finds it massaging only problem is to make sure you brush your cat outside as hair gets everywhere
My cats have always been crazy for them and the one I have now is no different. But it gets to the point they wont eat their food they just want the treats
Our cats love these mice: they're one of their favorites for batting around on the floor. They slide nicely on hardwood or laminate and are also small enough for a cat to carry in her mouth. I cut...
I have three of Karens bengals. Her cats are well socialized to children, large dogs, and other cats. All of my cats have incredible personalities. Two of my cats are really great at fetching toys....
Pineapple leavespost #1 of 1110/18/06 at 1:28pmThread StarterSo I bought a pineapple at Wal-Mart. Yum! The kitties keep nibbling on the leaves of it. I put the pineapple on top of the fridge, but is there any harm in nibbling the leaves?post #2 of 1110/18/06 at 1:37pmI looked it up on the net, and the Pineapple shrub is definitely toxic to cats, and the pineapple itself is poisonous when unripe.
Just to be on the safe side, please keep it in the fridge away from your furkids.post #3 of 1110/19/06 at 7:42amI'm not sure how you feel about it, but I don't put fruit in the refrigerator - it's in a basket in the kitchen 24/7. If I were you, I would consider putting the pineapple on top of the stack of plates in the cupboard or something like that to just keep it away from the kitties (or the kitties away from the pineapple).post #4 of 1110/19/06 at 11:05amThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/19/06 at 5:54pmpost #6 of 1110/19/06 at 9:19pmpost #7 of 1110/19/06 at 11:54pmpost #8 of 1110/19/06 at 11:55pmQuote:hmm thats really interesting! Is there a specific website that you can look up stuff like that? Or do you just do individual searches. I hope there's a database somewhere!!
I found a good list on the ASPCA web site, of course I wasnt smart enough to save the linkpost #9 of 1110/20/06 at 10:51amWith some toxic plants, there is a bad taste or warning appearance. With others, I suspect the way the animal knows the plant is bad for it is when it throws the food up. When owners take the plant away before the cats eat enough to get sick on it, they don't learn the lesson.
Or it could be that pineapples are not indigenous to cats' native environment. The evolutionary adaptation only covers flora and fauna in the same habitat.post #10 of 115/16/15 at 2:29am
My kitten kept chewing on the top of the pineapple leaves while I was cutting up the pineapple. I thought it was cute at the time but, now my kitty is acting very sick, won't eat and is lethargic. Did the pineapple top poison my kitten? And if so, what can I do to help her now?
- Pineapple leaves
- Cats & Lilies: Avoid The Danger Lurking In Your Home
- › Why does nobody like black kittys? 5 minutes ago
- › Game - Change a letter - 5 letter words 9 minutes ago
- › Question of The Day. Saturday 3rd of December 28 minutes ago
- › Cat Diagnosed with dry FIP -- Does anyone have PERSONAL experience... 54 minutes ago
- › Cat with tapeworms but not many symptoms, what should I do? 56 minutes ago
- › Question of the Day, Friday, December 2 59 minutes ago
- › How does your cat let you know they want fed? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › What kind of cat is our new kitten? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a Trump government 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › what breed is my cat? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Earthborn Holistic Chicken Catcciatori - 24x5.5oz by LavishSqualor
- › KONG Cat ZoomGroom by snowpawprint
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by wzabretsky
- › SmartyKat Skitter Critters Cat Toy Catnip Mice by LisaHE
- › Pleasant Pond Bengals - Ridge, NY by bengalgirl
- › Think Like a Cat: How to Raise a Well-Adjusted Cat--Not a Sour Puss by Sargon
- › Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy by Sargon
- › Moody Pet Fling Ama String by Sargon
- › KONG Cat Hugga Wubba Cat Toy by Sargon
- › Coastal Pet Products Safe Cat Nylon Adjustable Breakaway Cat Collar... by Cassiopea