- 1,210 Posts. Joined 6/2005
- Location: Urbana, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCat Safetytagged by Anne, 5/22/15
Related Forum Threads
- Safe human food for treats Last post on 4/25/16 at 3:10pm in Cat Nutrition
- Yearly reminder - Easter Lilies are toxic to cats Last post on 4/16/16 at 12:06am in Cat Health
- my cat ate a hair tie!!! Last post on 3/11/16 at 4:59pm in Cat Health
- Help Recover Kitten from paracetamol poisoning Last post on 7/28/16 at 11:15am in Cat Health
- Removing acrylic paint from a cat Last post on 10/16/15 at 4:01pm in Cat Health
The Cat Safety Quiz
Last edited: Today
- Cats & Lilies: Avoid The Danger Lurking In Your HomeLast edited: 6/7/16
- How To Move With Your Cat To A New Home In A Safe WayLast edited: 5/17/16
- How to safely pamper your cat with turkey treatsLast edited: 11/12/15
- How To Safely Dress-Up Your Cat For HalloweenLast edited: 10/13/15
I tried these on two cats with very little success. Milo would eat them, but not with a pill in them. Wesley ate one, with pill, exactly once and that was all it took. He wised up and would...
The miracle nipple is a life saver to kittens. It comes with an already made hole so you don't have to do it yourself and it helps kittens not aspirate. It's so much more like a mothers nipple that...
I love the door it can open either from the left or the right swings both ways or even pops right off if necessary. How many times have you transported animals then found it awkward to reach in...
I bought Comet one a year ago and he still loves it. We play together, spinning the ball around. It's inexpensive and a little catnip helps when he gets bored with it. The scratching pad in the...
Great! My cats love this and this is a great price. This is great for matts and shedding.
Pineapple leavespost #1 of 1110/18/06 at 1:28pmThread StarterSo I bought a pineapple at Wal-Mart. Yum! The kitties keep nibbling on the leaves of it. I put the pineapple on top of the fridge, but is there any harm in nibbling the leaves?post #2 of 1110/18/06 at 1:37pmI looked it up on the net, and the Pineapple shrub is definitely toxic to cats, and the pineapple itself is poisonous when unripe.
Just to be on the safe side, please keep it in the fridge away from your furkids.post #3 of 1110/19/06 at 7:42amI'm not sure how you feel about it, but I don't put fruit in the refrigerator - it's in a basket in the kitchen 24/7. If I were you, I would consider putting the pineapple on top of the stack of plates in the cupboard or something like that to just keep it away from the kitties (or the kitties away from the pineapple).post #4 of 1110/19/06 at 11:05amThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/19/06 at 5:54pmpost #6 of 1110/19/06 at 9:19pmpost #7 of 1110/19/06 at 11:54pmpost #8 of 1110/19/06 at 11:55pmQuote:hmm thats really interesting! Is there a specific website that you can look up stuff like that? Or do you just do individual searches. I hope there's a database somewhere!!
I found a good list on the ASPCA web site, of course I wasnt smart enough to save the linkpost #9 of 1110/20/06 at 10:51amWith some toxic plants, there is a bad taste or warning appearance. With others, I suspect the way the animal knows the plant is bad for it is when it throws the food up. When owners take the plant away before the cats eat enough to get sick on it, they don't learn the lesson.
Or it could be that pineapples are not indigenous to cats' native environment. The evolutionary adaptation only covers flora and fauna in the same habitat.post #10 of 115/16/15 at 2:29am
My kitten kept chewing on the top of the pineapple leaves while I was cutting up the pineapple. I thought it was cute at the time but, now my kitty is acting very sick, won't eat and is lethargic. Did the pineapple top poison my kitten? And if so, what can I do to help her now?
- Pineapple leaves
- Cats & Lilies: Avoid The Danger Lurking In Your Home
- › What is the deal with cat grass ? 48 seconds ago
- › Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too! 2 minutes ago
- › Asking for help in paying off emergency vet bills for two rescued cats 3 minutes ago
- › Fip is back on the table.. positive vibes needed! 4 minutes ago
- › Game - Change one word 8 minutes ago
- › Need urgent help! Cat won't eat his food 9 minutes ago
- › Kitty Nibbler 10 minutes ago
- › Post your sleeping beauties!!! 10 minutes ago
- › Help with potential pica? 19 minutes ago
- › URI keeps coming back in my cat 22 minutes ago
- › Greenies Pill Pockets for Cats by Margd
- › The Miracle Nipple by iLuvLilPaws
- › Petmate Compass Plastic Pets Kennel by Seventhheaven
- › Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy by Laura H
- › ShedMonster De-Shedding Tool for Medium to Long Coats by catluvr321
- › Petmate Hooded Litter Pan Set by catluvr321
- › Zanies Realistic Fur Mice by catluvr321
- › SmartyKat Skitter Critters Cat Toy Catnip Mice by catluvr321
- › MYLAR Crinkle Balls by catluvr321
- › HEXBUG Nano Robotic Cat Toy by catluvr321
- › The Cat Safety Quiz
- › Solving Cat Behavior Problems: The Key...
- › Kyran - Rainbow Kitty
- › OJ is good for your health! Picture Of The...
- › 9 Grass Growing Kits That Will Make Your Cat...
- › The Beautiful Bella - Picture Of The Week #1582
- › Beatrix the Bean
- › princess Alice
- › Will cats become extinct if we spay/neuter...
- › Handsome Oriental Dandy - Picture Of The Week...