- 1,210 Posts. Joined 6/2005
- Location: Urbana, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCat Safetytagged by Anne, 5/22/15
Related Forum Threads
- Not poisonous garden plant (vine plant / espalier) Last post on 5/22/15 at 1:24pm in Cat Health
- Cat swallowed long ribbon - need advice Last post on 5/4/15 at 6:54am in Cat Health
- So just wondering... Last post on 4/11/15 at 5:17am in Cat Nutrition
- Exploratory Surgery After a String issue Last post on 3/21/15 at 10:08am in Cat Health
- That old string thing... Last post on 2/21/15 at 5:34am in Cat Health
Which Foods Are Safe Cat Treats?
Last edited: 12/29/14
- 11 Must-Know Tips to Keep Cats Safe During the HolidaysLast edited: 12/10/14
- Common Foods That Are Harmful To CatsLast edited: 9/4/13
- Cats and Christmas TreesLast edited: 12/14/12
- Disaster Preparation for Cat OwnersLast edited: 5/10/12
I purchased a male Jag Cat from Nora one year ago. His name is Zuri and he joined 2 Savannah Cats and 1 German Shepherd as a Therapy Pet for Residents of an Assisted Living Home who have been...
I bought this product for my 21 year-old cat Muffin in hopes of encouraging her to drink more water (she had CRF and the vet told me to make sure she drank plenty of water daily). I was a little...
I bought this toy for my 21 year-old cat to keep her entertained and she absolutely LOVED it! the feather attachment spins in the air, making a sound that simulates a bird flapping its wings, which...
My girl Lucie loves, loves these little snacks. Surfer's Delite is voted best in her standards and her standards are high. All I have to do is shake the bag and that at will run toward you. She...
Granted, I got some samples of the food through an awesome contest here on The Cat Site, I can't judge on the pricing. It seems expensive on Amazon. My normally picky cat ate this food without...
Pineapple leavespost #1 of 1110/18/06 at 1:28pmThread StarterSo I bought a pineapple at Wal-Mart. Yum! The kitties keep nibbling on the leaves of it. I put the pineapple on top of the fridge, but is there any harm in nibbling the leaves?post #2 of 1110/18/06 at 1:37pmI looked it up on the net, and the Pineapple shrub is definitely toxic to cats, and the pineapple itself is poisonous when unripe.
Just to be on the safe side, please keep it in the fridge away from your furkids.post #3 of 1110/19/06 at 7:42amI'm not sure how you feel about it, but I don't put fruit in the refrigerator - it's in a basket in the kitchen 24/7. If I were you, I would consider putting the pineapple on top of the stack of plates in the cupboard or something like that to just keep it away from the kitties (or the kitties away from the pineapple).post #4 of 1110/19/06 at 11:05amThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/19/06 at 5:54pmpost #6 of 1110/19/06 at 9:19pmpost #7 of 1110/19/06 at 11:54pmpost #8 of 1110/19/06 at 11:55pmQuote:hmm thats really interesting! Is there a specific website that you can look up stuff like that? Or do you just do individual searches. I hope there's a database somewhere!!
I found a good list on the ASPCA web site, of course I wasnt smart enough to save the linkpost #9 of 1110/20/06 at 10:51amWith some toxic plants, there is a bad taste or warning appearance. With others, I suspect the way the animal knows the plant is bad for it is when it throws the food up. When owners take the plant away before the cats eat enough to get sick on it, they don't learn the lesson.
Or it could be that pineapples are not indigenous to cats' native environment. The evolutionary adaptation only covers flora and fauna in the same habitat.post #10 of 115/16/15 at 2:29am
My kitten kept chewing on the top of the pineapple leaves while I was cutting up the pineapple. I thought it was cute at the time but, now my kitty is acting very sick, won't eat and is lethargic. Did the pineapple top poison my kitten? And if so, what can I do to help her now?
- Pineapple leaves
- 11 Must-Know Tips to Keep Cats Safe During the Holidays
- › Should vaccines be mandatory for children to enter school? 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a good high quality wet and dry cat f9od low grains or... 10 minutes ago
- › Are my cats part Bengal 13 minutes ago
- › Ear Ployp 21 minutes ago
- › Skittish 28 minutes ago
- › Interesting coat and color. 31 minutes ago
- › young Ragdoll prone to UTIs, latest culture shows it's "resistant"... 33 minutes ago
- › kitty cold ? 53 minutes ago
- › Symptoms of pseudomonas? 56 minutes ago
- › kidney dsease 56 minutes ago
- › Mokave Cats - Jacksonville, FL by Micbeth
- › CatSure® Liquid Meal Replacement for Senior Cats by mrsjcross87
- › Da Bird Cat Toy by mrsjcross87
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by LuciBell
- › Spring Naturals Grain Free Canned Cat Food - Various Flavors by Draco
- › Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food by MagiksGirl
- › Pleasant Pond Bengals - Ridge, NY by kaybee3
- › Precious Cat Respiratory Releif Clay Premium all Natual Cat Litter... by Bonitababy
- › Nulo FreeStyle Grain Free Canned Cat Food - Various Recipes/Flavors by Faeleen
- › The First Years American Red Cross Soothing Baby Scale by Bonitababy
- › The Cat Galleries - A Friendly User Guide
- › Without Blinking An Eye - Picture Of The Week...
- › I Need good name for 3 kittens help
- › Community Guidelines & Practices -...
- › Apat the Escape Artist
- › Little Miss Kitten, LMK
- › Mazy's cat page
- › Golden Eyes - Picture of the Week #1526
- › All About Purraise
- › Bucky the adorable kitten