- 1,210 Posts. Joined 6/2005
- Location: Urbana, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCat Safetytagged by Anne, 5/22/15
Related Forum Threads
- Safe human food for treats Last post on 4/25/16 at 3:10pm in Cat Nutrition
- Yearly reminder - Easter Lilies are toxic to cats Last post on 4/16/16 at 12:06am in Cat Health
- my cat ate a hair tie!!! Last post on 3/11/16 at 4:59pm in Cat Health
- Help Recover Kitten from paracetamol poisoning Last post on 4/30/16 at 1:41pm in Cat Health
- Removing acrylic paint from a cat Last post on 10/16/15 at 4:01pm in Cat Health
How To Move With Your Cat To A New Home In A Safe Way
Last edited: 5/17/16
- How to safely pamper your cat with turkey treatsLast edited: 11/12/15
- How To Safely Dress-Up Your Cat For HalloweenLast edited: 10/13/15
- Which Foods Are Safe Cat Treats?Last edited: 12/29/14
- 11 Must-Know Tips to Keep Cats Safe During the HolidaysLast edited: 12/10/14
I have been in the process of researching Siberian cats and breeders in hopes of getting a cat that my cat allergic husband can tolerate. I have looked a pages and pages of websites multiple times...
My cats want to eat dry food. I don't want them to eat dry food. I think that a wet only diet is much better for them. Unfortunately, they are very picky eaters so we compromise. I give them a...
The adorable design is what drew me to this sleepshirt! A very tired kitty in her nightgown and fuzzy slippers, just trying to wake up with a cup of coffee! (The cup shows a pup with caption...
My current cat and past kittens all loved it. It entertained them for hours and hours. It's a bit loud compared to the other jingly balls cat toys that I have, but that is perfectly fine :) I've...
I bought this honestly because it is cheap. It's not a total waste of money because it still does it's job of picking up some fur but it's not like those big balls of fur I see people pick up with...
Pineapple leavespost #1 of 1110/18/06 at 1:28pmThread StarterSo I bought a pineapple at Wal-Mart. Yum! The kitties keep nibbling on the leaves of it. I put the pineapple on top of the fridge, but is there any harm in nibbling the leaves?post #2 of 1110/18/06 at 1:37pmI looked it up on the net, and the Pineapple shrub is definitely toxic to cats, and the pineapple itself is poisonous when unripe.
Just to be on the safe side, please keep it in the fridge away from your furkids.post #3 of 1110/19/06 at 7:42amI'm not sure how you feel about it, but I don't put fruit in the refrigerator - it's in a basket in the kitchen 24/7. If I were you, I would consider putting the pineapple on top of the stack of plates in the cupboard or something like that to just keep it away from the kitties (or the kitties away from the pineapple).post #4 of 1110/19/06 at 11:05amThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/19/06 at 5:54pmpost #6 of 1110/19/06 at 9:19pmpost #7 of 1110/19/06 at 11:54pmpost #8 of 1110/19/06 at 11:55pmQuote:hmm thats really interesting! Is there a specific website that you can look up stuff like that? Or do you just do individual searches. I hope there's a database somewhere!!
I found a good list on the ASPCA web site, of course I wasnt smart enough to save the linkpost #9 of 1110/20/06 at 10:51amWith some toxic plants, there is a bad taste or warning appearance. With others, I suspect the way the animal knows the plant is bad for it is when it throws the food up. When owners take the plant away before the cats eat enough to get sick on it, they don't learn the lesson.
Or it could be that pineapples are not indigenous to cats' native environment. The evolutionary adaptation only covers flora and fauna in the same habitat.post #10 of 115/16/15 at 2:29am
My kitten kept chewing on the top of the pineapple leaves while I was cutting up the pineapple. I thought it was cute at the time but, now my kitty is acting very sick, won't eat and is lethargic. Did the pineapple top poison my kitten? And if so, what can I do to help her now?
- Pineapple leaves
- How to safely pamper your cat with turkey treats
- › Safe for kitten on heating vent?? 2 minutes ago
- › Arcturus' journal: life with a FIV+ cat 3 minutes ago
- › Question of The Day. Saturday 21st of May 3 minutes ago
- › Adverse reaction to Advantage.... 4 minutes ago
- › post funny picture and memes here 5 minutes ago
- › The Weight Loss Support Group - 2016 6 minutes ago
- › Constipation Issues 7 minutes ago
- › Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too! 10 minutes ago
- › Kitten unwell after vaccinations 11 minutes ago
- › Giveaway: FREE 4 packets of delicious Inaba Ciao cat treats for 3... 12 minutes ago
- › ForestWind Siberians - Buffalo, NY by naomishaikh
- › Orijen Cat & Kitten Dry Cat Food by Kat0121
- › Pawsitively Exhausted Ladies Sleepshirt by raysmyheart
- › Ethical Slotted Balls Cat Toy by Novathekittycat
- › KONG Cat ZoomGroom by Alina Chen
- › Petco.com by dorimon
- › SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post by dorimon
- › Chewy.com by dorimon
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by dorimon
- › Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Litter Pan by dorimon
- › Springtime Inspiration From A Kitten
- › Quiz: Let's Play Cat Trivia!
- › The Magnificent Barney Bigsleigh - Picture Of...
- › Weaning: How To Get Your Kittens To Eat On...
- › after I got my cat declawed...
- › The Smallest Feline Is a Masterpiece -...
- › How To Move With Your Cat To A New Home In A...
- › The Energetic Pepper - Cat Picture Of The...
- › Embedding content: A great way to quickly and...
- › What our cats teach us about being happy in...