- 1,210 Posts. Joined 6/2005
- Location: Urbana, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCat Safetytagged by Anne, 5/22/15
Related Forum Threads
- Not poisonous garden plant (vine plant / espalier) Last post on 5/22/15 at 1:24pm in Cat Health
- Cat swallowed long ribbon - need advice Last post on 5/4/15 at 6:54am in Cat Health
- So just wondering... Last post on 4/11/15 at 5:17am in Cat Nutrition
- Exploratory Surgery After a String issue Last post on 3/21/15 at 10:08am in Cat Health
- That old string thing... Last post on 2/21/15 at 5:34am in Cat Health
Which Foods Are Safe Cat Treats?
Last edited: 12/29/14
- 11 Must-Know Tips to Keep Cats Safe During the HolidaysLast edited: 12/10/14
- Common Foods That Are Harmful To CatsLast edited: 9/4/13
- Cats and Christmas TreesLast edited: 12/14/12
- How To Prepare for Saving Your Cat's Life During A DisasterLast edited: 7/13/15
My cats do not have a taste for it I guess .
I am hoping my cats would like this but no ..
These pouches are great . My cats love several flavors ..
I think it smells a little funky ..
I thought my cats would like this because they like FF Liver & Chicken but they would not touch it . It does have kind of a funky smell ..
Pineapple leavespost #1 of 1110/18/06 at 1:28pmThread StarterSo I bought a pineapple at Wal-Mart. Yum! The kitties keep nibbling on the leaves of it. I put the pineapple on top of the fridge, but is there any harm in nibbling the leaves?post #2 of 1110/18/06 at 1:37pmI looked it up on the net, and the Pineapple shrub is definitely toxic to cats, and the pineapple itself is poisonous when unripe.
Just to be on the safe side, please keep it in the fridge away from your furkids.post #3 of 1110/19/06 at 7:42amI'm not sure how you feel about it, but I don't put fruit in the refrigerator - it's in a basket in the kitchen 24/7. If I were you, I would consider putting the pineapple on top of the stack of plates in the cupboard or something like that to just keep it away from the kitties (or the kitties away from the pineapple).post #4 of 1110/19/06 at 11:05amThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/19/06 at 5:54pmpost #6 of 1110/19/06 at 9:19pmpost #7 of 1110/19/06 at 11:54pmpost #8 of 1110/19/06 at 11:55pmQuote:hmm thats really interesting! Is there a specific website that you can look up stuff like that? Or do you just do individual searches. I hope there's a database somewhere!!
I found a good list on the ASPCA web site, of course I wasnt smart enough to save the linkpost #9 of 1110/20/06 at 10:51amWith some toxic plants, there is a bad taste or warning appearance. With others, I suspect the way the animal knows the plant is bad for it is when it throws the food up. When owners take the plant away before the cats eat enough to get sick on it, they don't learn the lesson.
Or it could be that pineapples are not indigenous to cats' native environment. The evolutionary adaptation only covers flora and fauna in the same habitat.post #10 of 115/16/15 at 2:29am
My kitten kept chewing on the top of the pineapple leaves while I was cutting up the pineapple. I thought it was cute at the time but, now my kitty is acting very sick, won't eat and is lethargic. Did the pineapple top poison my kitten? And if so, what can I do to help her now?
- Pineapple leaves
- 11 Must-Know Tips to Keep Cats Safe During the Holidays
- › Fear of rabies 5 minutes ago
- › "Angel, the sleeping bunny" 7 minutes ago
- › 3 month old kitten. what's the breed? 8 minutes ago
- › A bmx bike fell into my cat 10 minutes ago
- › Question of the Day - Tuesday, October 6 11 minutes ago
- › Strange positions your cats lay... 12 minutes ago
- › kitten stuck in cat 13 minutes ago
- › My little man Gus revisited.. Diabetes/ crying/urination... 14 minutes ago
- › Urgent Cat help!! 14 minutes ago
- › Cat stuck down an air duct ... help! 16 minutes ago
- › Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach Dry Cat Food by 2Cats4Me
- › Wellness Canned Cat Food, Minced Chicken Dinner by 2Cats4Me
- › Soulistic Grain-Free Adult Cat Food Pouches by 2Cats4Me
- › Newman's Own Organics Canned Cat Food by 2Cats4Me
- › Natural Balance Canned Cat Food by 2Cats4Me
- › Hill's Science Diet Adult Optimal Care Turkey and Giblets... by 2Cats4Me
- › Hill's Science Diet Adult Indoor Cat Savory Chicken Entree... by 2Cats4Me
- › Friskies Flaked Cat Food by 2Cats4Me
- › Addiction Turkey w/ Cranberries & Apples Grain-Free Canned Cat... by 2Cats4Me
- › Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Clumping Litter by 2Cats4Me
- › Why A Professional Pet Sitter is the Right...
- › Angua Von Uberwald
- › Picture of the week: Dallas, the kitten who...
- › happy&noghreh
- › Picture of the week: Andromeda and her pal
- › Carrot Ironfounderson
- › Picture of the week: A New Cat Enclosure
- › Ode to Lilac
- › The three trouble makers
- › Picture of the week: Tree climber