- 1,210 Posts. Joined 6/2005
- Location: Urbana, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCat Safetytagged by Anne, 5/22/15
Related Forum Threads
- Not poisonous garden plant (vine plant / espalier) Last post on 5/22/15 at 1:24pm in Cat Health
- Cat swallowed long ribbon - need advice Last post on 5/4/15 at 6:54am in Cat Health
- So just wondering... Last post on 4/11/15 at 5:17am in Cat Nutrition
- Exploratory Surgery After a String issue Last post on 3/21/15 at 10:08am in Cat Health
- That old string thing... Last post on 2/21/15 at 5:34am in Cat Health
Which Foods Are Safe Cat Treats?
Last edited: 12/29/14
- 11 Must-Know Tips to Keep Cats Safe During the HolidaysLast edited: 12/10/14
- Common Foods That Are Harmful To CatsLast edited: 9/4/13
- Cats and Christmas TreesLast edited: 12/14/12
- Disaster Preparation for Cat OwnersLast edited: 5/10/12
I got a box of this litter on markdown and it being a new litter, I also had a coupon, I figured I would try it. Not even having it in my cat's litter boxes for a day and my second to youngest cat,...
This is my go-to flea topical for my small sanctuary. Works well in keeping the flea population under control, have never found an embedded tic, and helps a great deal on the cats with mite...
This arrived today. Asha was instantly entranced. It's the most engaged I've ever seen her with a toy...and she loves her toys. She kept trying to grab hold of the feather end to make off with it....
Shadow was prescribed this many years ago following a bad bout of crystals. The vet couldn't get him to eat it (the only way he'd eat anything while inpatient was for me to go and hand feed him...
I got this tool many years ago. I haven't used it a great deal, as I find other brushes quicker and more effective. However, I did try it on Cali - a resolute brush hater. He was a British Cream...
Pineapple leavespost #1 of 1110/18/06 at 1:28pmThread StarterSo I bought a pineapple at Wal-Mart. Yum! The kitties keep nibbling on the leaves of it. I put the pineapple on top of the fridge, but is there any harm in nibbling the leaves?post #2 of 1110/18/06 at 1:37pmI looked it up on the net, and the Pineapple shrub is definitely toxic to cats, and the pineapple itself is poisonous when unripe.
Just to be on the safe side, please keep it in the fridge away from your furkids.post #3 of 1110/19/06 at 7:42amI'm not sure how you feel about it, but I don't put fruit in the refrigerator - it's in a basket in the kitchen 24/7. If I were you, I would consider putting the pineapple on top of the stack of plates in the cupboard or something like that to just keep it away from the kitties (or the kitties away from the pineapple).post #4 of 1110/19/06 at 11:05amThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/19/06 at 5:54pmpost #6 of 1110/19/06 at 9:19pmpost #7 of 1110/19/06 at 11:54pmpost #8 of 1110/19/06 at 11:55pmQuote:hmm thats really interesting! Is there a specific website that you can look up stuff like that? Or do you just do individual searches. I hope there's a database somewhere!!
I found a good list on the ASPCA web site, of course I wasnt smart enough to save the linkpost #9 of 1110/20/06 at 10:51amWith some toxic plants, there is a bad taste or warning appearance. With others, I suspect the way the animal knows the plant is bad for it is when it throws the food up. When owners take the plant away before the cats eat enough to get sick on it, they don't learn the lesson.
Or it could be that pineapples are not indigenous to cats' native environment. The evolutionary adaptation only covers flora and fauna in the same habitat.post #10 of 115/16/15 at 2:29am
My kitten kept chewing on the top of the pineapple leaves while I was cutting up the pineapple. I thought it was cute at the time but, now my kitty is acting very sick, won't eat and is lethargic. Did the pineapple top poison my kitten? And if so, what can I do to help her now?
- Pineapple leaves
- 11 Must-Know Tips to Keep Cats Safe During the Holidays
- › New kitten... 46 seconds ago
- › I'm so confused about my cat not eating but having "good" behaviour 1 minute ago
- › Need Advice / Assurance for Adopting Out Process 4 minutes ago
- › Advice for 2-3 week old kittens 6 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner? - 2015 6 minutes ago
- › At My Wits End! 8 minutes ago
- › What's the last thing you ate - 2015 9 minutes ago
- › Chewing nothing? 14 minutes ago
- › Newborn kittens hind legs bent backwards! 14 minutes ago
- › Newly adopted KITTEH =^.^= 25 minutes ago
- › Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Clumping Litter by nansiludie
- › Merial Frontline Plus Flea and Tick Control for Cats and Kittens by Susank521
- › Feather Waggler Cat Toy by Columbine
- › Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Feline Urinary SO Canned Cat Food by Columbine
- › KONG Cat ZoomGroom by Columbine
- › Pioneer Pet Stainless Steel Fountain Raindrop Design by Raksha
- › KONG Cat Moppy Kickeroo Catnip Toy by stephanietx
- › Drsfostersmith.com by AngelsMom1988
- › KONG Naturals Premium Catnip Cat Toy by Cat Servant
- › Paws and Claws® Scoopable Kitty Litter by Cat Servant
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1521
- › You, Your Cat and Stress
- › Gone But Not Forgotten
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1520 - Ideas For A...
- › The Binx Files *cue theme music*
- › Da Moushie Bear
- › Valley View Maine Coon Cats
- › Tuxedo time! Cat Picture of the Week #1519
- › Senior Cats Surrendered to Shelters
- › 31 Embarrassing Ways For Cats To Get Stuck -...