I must rant

salix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And I apologize ahead of time if this is the wrong place.
Two weeks ago, five kittens, around six weeks old were found in our garbage dumpster at work, and considering that this dumpster is about 7 feet tall, it was no accident that they got in there.
I (of course) didn't find this out until I got into work at around 3 pm, and when I asked about what happened to them, I was told that two people at work each took one and the trucker that found them took the other three in hopes that he could find homes for them.
I jokingly made a stink about why I wasn't called, but seriously, I would have taken one. I was told, very seriously that I have too many cats
I have two, Sam and Mica, my roommate has one. Not one of those cats suffers from lack of love or care, as a matter of fact we actually fight over who gets to scoop the boxes and feed. We both take care of all three at once so they'll consider both of us as "Mum"
But that's not my rant, believe it or not.
So I asked the one guy at work how his kitten is doing, and he tells me in a long-suffering tone of voice that he can't figure it out "the damn thing sits in a corner and cries all day", he complains that it scratches and bites, and it climbs up his leg when he gets home.
Well, yes, it (and I'm sorry for the use of "it" but I don't know the gender) was thrown by some idiot human into the garbage at six weeks, and he leaves it in his apartment all day by itself.

I (nicely) suggested that maybe he try leaving the tv or some music on for baby so it has some noise, or getting another kitten for it to play with, and the guy basically told me that I'm crazy.
The other lady that took one, well, I asked her the next day and she very calmly told me that she gave hers away.
Why?
"Because it doesn't get along with my cat"
So, you threw an abandoned baby in with a strange grown-up cat, didn't introduce them properly, and now the kitten is "emotionally stunted" (her words) because they don't get along in under two hours?!
In essence, so, the people at work have decided that I have too many cats, so the better option is to give kittens away to people who will treat them like a piece of furniture or shove them from pillar to post. Real nice.

And now they call me the "cat lady" and not nicely either, and it's suggested that I get a man before I worry about getting another kitten.
I hate people.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH MY, I can see where your ticked off! From what you just wrote, I hate people too, at least those two!!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a bunch of dumb butts!!!
Crazy cat lady for having two cats?Well, I guess I'm wayyyyyyyyyy beyond crazy as I have 5 of them.
I am praying these kits are in homes where they will be loved for the God's beautiful creatures that they are.Poor babies!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I'm glad I'm not alone, the worst part is it's funny how people can make you feel crazy.
They keep sluffing me off at work as obsessive or whatever, I was almost scared to post here.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Salix

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not alone, the worst part is it's funny how people can make you feel crazy.
They keep sluffing me off at work as obsessive or whatever, I was almost scared to post here.
You couldn't have posted in a better place! When it comes to cats, (or any animal for me) I wish I could save them all and SMACK the people that have such little regard for helpless animals.........

gnat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Salix

So I asked the one guy at work how his kitten is doing, and he tells me in a long-suffering tone of voice that he can't figure it out "the damn thing sits in a corner and cries all day", he complains that it scratches and bites, and it climbs up his leg when he gets home..
Thats made me angry just reading it. NO wonder you were peed off.

Poor little thing, its going to be frightened because of what happened to it.

It really annoys me that when people get pets be it cats or dogs they dont think properly and kind of think of them as toys

My boys Ronnie and Reggie had no where to go at 6 weeks old (as got dumped - long story) and were going to be taken to the RSPCA, I feel in love with them when I saw them but I still took a littlle (tiny!!) time out for some serious thinking to make sure I could fully look after them, pay for them long term etc etc

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And they're probably missing eachother.. at leat in the dumpster, while a horrible experience, they still had one another. just because they don't value a life (as it's only an animals life, to their mind) doesn't mean they have the right to bother you because you actually do.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This makes me so sad..Poor little babies put in the TRASH

What is wrong with people that they don't understand that that can affect a little tiny baby kitty...and that all that baby needs would be to get some good loving and understanding..

Some people obviously should not own pets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
w-ell, God certainly works in mysterious ways.
I got to work today, and the lady I mentioned in my first post dragged me aside and asked me if I'd like a kitten.
Turns out the man she gave it her/him? to is not up to kitten antics at 82 years old, he admits he's better with older cats.
To give this genleman credit, he grilled my co-worker about me
made sure I'd take care of a kitten (because you know, of course, that I said "yes" right away) and that my kids wouldn't beat up on it.
The kitten's name is "Momo" whether it be a girl or a boy, no, I'm no good at sexing young kittens.
Momo has a vet visit friday we'll find out then.
The baby is installed in my large closet with his comfy towel, his litter, his food and a night-light.
My crew is a little hissy, but I MUST make this work, Momo's been re-homed twice already, he needs a forever home.
I'm sorry this is all over the place, but I'm all excited
I'm a third time Momma, please, please, wish all of us luck on a happy home.