TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Someone is adding treats to their dinner.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Someone is adding treats to their dinner.

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
One of my four much loved furbabies has been leaving toys in thier food dishes. When I go down in the morning to clean the litter boxes and fill thier food and water dishes, I find at least 2 toys in thier bowls. This has been going on on and off for a while, but now it's been happening everyday. What do you suppose their doing?
post #2 of 23
Maybe there suggesting time for new toys and more playtime
post #3 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Maybe there suggesting time for new toys and more playtime
Could be...........I've even found dirty socks in the food bowls in the past!
post #4 of 23
Do have an idea of who is doing it??/
post #5 of 23
I found a toy mouse in the dry food dish yesterday when I came home from work...could this be part of their conspiracy to take over the world???
post #6 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Do have an idea of who is doing it??/
Well, for the socks, I would have to bet Petals. She is forever bringing the clothes out of the laundry hamper in the basement up to us in the livingroom. It's very cute actually. She drags whatever she can up the steps and starts mewing (muffled as it may be) to announce she's coming....

But I never see the girls playing with the toys..........it's usually Bailey, occasionally Tiggy. But I've never SEEN anyone put anything in the bowls..
post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post
I found a toy mouse in the dry food dish yesterday when I came home from work...could this be part of their conspiracy to take over the world???
Could very well be!
post #8 of 23
Their toys are hungry!! They're trying to share their food!!! Such generous kitties!!
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever View Post
One of my four much loved furbabies has been leaving toys in thier food dishes. When I go down in the morning to clean the litter boxes and fill thier food and water dishes, I find at least 2 toys in thier bowls. This has been going on on and off for a while, but now it's been happening everyday. What do you suppose their doing?
They want new toys There hopeing you'll dump them with the leftover food, mine put the darn things in the water bowel Or there telling you there going to have to start eating them toys like they don't get enough food
post #10 of 23
Blaze dips her toy mice in the water dish.I thought she was nuts or soemthing.DH says he prefers them soggy is all.
post #11 of 23
That is funny! One of our dogs does that and I think I know the doglogic behind it. She puts the toys in or near her food bowl because food bowls are sacred. If you find a bone or a toy somewhere in the house, you can claim it. But eating out of someone else's food bowl will not be tolerated. So I think Sophia puts the toys that she really likes in her bowl so that Zircon will not take them. (Not that he would anyway....she is the one who always takes toys away from him).
post #12 of 23
Trent always puts his sparkle poms in the food bowls. The lower the level of food, the more balls. So, I think he's trying to fill up the bowls of food himself.
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by taterbug View Post
Their toys are hungry!! They're trying to share their food!!! Such generous kitties!!

I like this theory!!! Toys get hungry too!!!
post #14 of 23
Well what do you do with your 'prey' once you've killed it?
post #15 of 23
Um Trout likes to purposely put pieces of her food in her water, so she can look up at me as if to say "Mommy I can't drink this water now, there's stuff in it"

Then she proceeds to trapse to the toilet to try to drink there
post #16 of 23
The other morning I found a toy spider and one of my husband's asthma inhalers in Radar's food bowl
post #17 of 23
Thread Starter 
Glad to know my kits aren't the only nutty ones out there!
post #18 of 23
lol. The only thing I ever find in the foodbowls is kitty leftovers.
post #19 of 23
My cat Cubby puts my hair scrunchies in the food and water bowls. Who knew scruchies could be hungry and thirsty?? I have to hang them up to dry every day...
post #20 of 23
Mine only submerge toys in the water bowl. I'm pretty sure this is their way of telling me it's time for new toys. They drown all the old ones daily.
post #21 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisasha3 View Post
Mine only submerge toys in the water bowl. I'm pretty sure this is their way of telling me it's time for new toys. They drown all the old ones daily.
post #22 of 23
My cats do that too....I just chalk that one up to them being little weirdos They put their toys in both their food, and water dishes...and occassionally the litter pan (that's kenzie's favorite place to put things
post #23 of 23
I've read that it's a territorial thing - they keep their "prey" with their food to keep it safe so they can come back to it later.

I haven't seen mine put them in their dishes but once, but they do put them on the mat with the food bowls.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Someone is adding treats to their dinner.