Someone is adding treats to their dinner.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my four much loved furbabies has been leaving toys in thier food dishes. When I go down in the morning to clean the litter boxes and fill thier food and water dishes, I find at least 2 toys in thier bowls. This has been going on on and off for a while, but now it's been happening everyday. What do you suppose their doing?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe there suggesting time for new toys and more playtime

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Maybe there suggesting time for new toys and more playtime
Could be...........I've even found dirty socks in the food bowls in the past!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do have an idea of who is doing it??/

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a toy mouse in the dry food dish yesterday when I came home from work...could this be part of their conspiracy to take over the world???

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Do have an idea of who is doing it??/
Well, for the socks, I would have to bet Petals. She is forever bringing the clothes out of the laundry hamper in the basement up to us in the livingroom. It's very cute actually. She drags whatever she can up the steps and starts mewing (muffled as it may be) to announce she's coming....

But I never see the girls playing with the toys..........it's usually Bailey, occasionally Tiggy. But I've never SEEN anyone put anything in the bowls..

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I found a toy mouse in the dry food dish yesterday when I came home from work...could this be part of their conspiracy to take over the world???
Could very well be!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Their toys are hungry!! They're trying to share their food!!! Such generous kitties!!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

One of my four much loved furbabies has been leaving toys in thier food dishes. When I go down in the morning to clean the litter boxes and fill thier food and water dishes, I find at least 2 toys in thier bowls. This has been going on on and off for a while, but now it's been happening everyday. What do you suppose their doing?
They want new toys
There hopeing you'll dump them with the leftover food,
mine put the darn things in the water bowel
Or there telling you there going to have to start eating them toys like they don't get enough food

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blaze dips her toy mice in the water dish.I thought she was nuts or soemthing.DH says he prefers them soggy is all.

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is funny! One of our dogs does that and I think I know the doglogic behind it. She puts the toys in or near her food bowl because food bowls are sacred. If you find a bone or a toy somewhere in the house, you can claim it. But eating out of someone else's food bowl will not be tolerated. So I think Sophia puts the toys that she really likes in her bowl so that Zircon will not take them. (Not that he would anyway....she is the one who always takes toys away from him).

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um Trout likes to purposely put pieces of her food in her water, so she can look up at me as if to say "Mommy I can't drink this water now, there's stuff in it"

Then she proceeds to trapse to the toilet to try to drink there

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other morning I found a toy spider and one of my husband's asthma inhalers in Radar's food bowl

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to know my kits aren't the only nutty ones out there!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Cubby puts my hair scrunchies in the food and water bowls. Who knew scruchies could be hungry and thirsty?? I have to hang them up to dry every day...

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine only submerge toys in the water bowl. I'm pretty sure this is their way of telling me it's time for new toys. They drown all the old ones daily.